Reefers 30+ Strain Auto and Photoerotic Orgy

Hey OG fam,

After completing my third grow and first hydro grow I’m ready to begin my breeding journey.

I will be making a crazy number of crosses from only very worthy plants. I will be making auto regs, photo regs, auto fems, and possibly photo fems, but no plants for that. I’ll get a more legible list going when I have time, but for now you’ll have to read my scribble. Assume it’s a photo reg unless it’s a known auto strain.

Also, I will be having another contest for beans as this grow winds down. So, if you’re interested in growing any of these strains or possible crosses and getting beans down the road, please follow along! If all goes according to plan, I will have a lot of beans to give away and move forward in my breeding with. I’ll also obviously not be able to sort through these all by myself!

Right now we’re at 28 strains. Mephisto jammy dodgers 2 not listed below. I will be adding a few clones and possible popping a bunch of addition Mephisto for additional crosses.

34 Likes

Following for sure! :smiley:

3 Likes

Seedlings as of this morning. I tried something new with rapid rooters, just placing the tails in the hole after soaking. Pretty good rates, but now I have some white, fuzzy roots all over the place below the stem…

Anyone think this will be an issue moving forward. Looks like the only losses are a few grape dosi breath that has fungus after soaking (2-3 pulled through) and one TBD seedling that got his head chopped off by the lid. Still holding on by a string, but I’d say she’s a goner :weary:

![image|429x500]

Last two are Mephisto Jammy Dodgers #2 and Blueberry from @Alaskagrown (thanks brotha). One of the 12 beans had super fast growth and root development so it got moved to my little bubbler contraption. Also, my favorite little clone of white widow auto coloring down. She’s outlasting mom by a wide margin!

19 Likes

Welcome! Thanks for being the first, please hit me up for whatever bean sounds best at the end of my run!

6 Likes

You had me at 30+ strains. Lol

6 Likes

Damn man, thats ALOT at once. I’d get lost trying to keep track of em like that, more power to ya! Anyy idea what pollen you will use? or will it be multiple males? (and then how do you plan to separate?)…

The rooters with roots near the top don’t worry about assuming they are going into the medium. If planting, you can bury them (cannabis doesnt mind the stem being buried, its kinda like tomatoes, they’ll grow roots). Otherwise if in hydroton or rockwool, the little fuzz at the top will die back as other roots form below.

6 Likes

Multiple males, and multiple reversals will cull all less than stellar males and pollinate only great females. I may get overwhelmed at some point and cut back, but I intent to turn this 30 into at least 300 crosses to sort through. GDP, Cherry Festival, Bodhi Uplift and Lucky Charms IX, Orange Grove, Blueberry auto, any other auto reg crosses, and ideally truly outstanding females or male of any strain will feature prominently. It should be a wild ride.

I just managed to take 50+ clones from 5 different auto plants at various stages and bring all of them to full flower along with 18 other full plants in hydro for my first hydro grow. They all went much longer than their donors and over 100 days… It’ll be a lot of keep track of, but I think I can pull this off without killings myself :joy:

6 Likes

I would love to know their lineage! General thoughts are autos aren’t really clonable as they finish when mom does. This breaks from that thought, so I’d be curious what is in the previous generations of them, ie. how far from crossing with ruderallis… Definitely keep some detailed notes on that, that would be of interest to many, myself included. I may play with cloning some autos in the summer, we’ll see. But I’ll be keeping an eye on this just because!!!

4 Likes

Check out my last grow for details on how the clones progressed. Pics from today below. My theory is that they will finish regardless of time, and perhaps genetics, so stunting them, cloning them, and giving low light levels will make them go longer.

The genetics in question were ILGM WW, Barney’s DSD and Watermelon Skittles, seedsman Amnesia, skittles and Northern lights. All are long finished and at least partially harvested as donors while their clones continue to stack flowers.

Some pics I just snapped. Some still have weeks to continue flowering by my estimate. I just cut clones from some plants that were lower and less developed to see if they would somehow continue to develop and take root since many of these were cloned after flowering began.

11 Likes

Btw, I’ll have a 2x4 male jail for males and clones of males. I should be able to have a good clone of each male and reversed plant…

1 Like

Watching! I’ve got to head in to my teaching gig but there’s always time for this:
I bless this grow with the headiest of Heady Bear vibes! :bear:

4 Likes

@HeadyBearAdventures Thanks brotha!

1 Like

I’ll be lurking here in the shadows. Good luck on your endeavors.

2 Likes

Quietly sitting I the back watching the show :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve grown their NL as well and can attest, it is a longer finishing auto… Hmm… Wonder if cloning and being able to grow out an auto to a decent size has something to do with its finishing time? Shorter running autos being more of an issue, where longer running autos are more suitable for this…

I used some BC pollen on a NL lady to make my creamy blacklights cross actually… and she’s retained her longer finishing time somewhat. Now ya got me thinking…

I only need more SPACE! lol…

Will check out your other thread. My cloning game is strong, so might be time for some experimentation :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s not so much that you can’t clone autos. It’s more that the clone doesn’t develop into anything more than it would if still on the plant.

Perhaps cloning an auto is a useful tool to make a handful of seeds or reverse only a branch of the auto.

5 Likes

As far as I can tell, it doesn’t matter… :crazy_face:

I had plants dropping leaves and basically done by most standards at 75 days from seed, and in many cases their clones are still adding bulk to their buds and green as can be. I will be cloning these clones later today and keeping these clones going as long as they’re willing to keep growing… I took 4 clones of two plants (seeds man super lemon haze and amnesia) today, they were pathetic runts that couldn’t escape their helmets and should have been tossed. They’re still ripening, despite their two healthier siblings being long done, and I just took four clones of lower branches that were just starting to sprout flowers.

This should be interesting, it’s been VERY interesting so far considering most everything is been told and led to believe about auto clones is wrong.

2 Likes

I respectfully disagree, I’ve now seen many of them reveg and grow after being cloned, even in early and late flower.:v:t2:

4 Likes

Thanks @ReikoX and @DougDawson honored to have you two honored and respected vets aboard! :v:t2:

4 Likes

Oh you can clone them for sure, the argument has always been was it worth it, or was so much effort put into rooting that yield suffered vs. not taking the clone.

For making small batches of seeds… perfect… Testing various crosses also a great use, especially if one mom can make 4-6 clones.

For reversal, that’d be a good experiment. Only reason being because thats two traumas rather back to back. Cut n forced to grow new roots, and then reversed, might stress it past the point it can handle, but worth looking into. Would make things a LOT easier…

I always feel like coming to OG is like watching Mr Wizard, always something new and different…

3 Likes