Coronavirus Facts and Fiction - January - May 2020 [Closed]

No one seemed to notice the blood pressure monitors going off as she did her rounds…

4 Likes

It’s pissing down and blowing like trump here today… fuckin lefties are at it again eh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

What in the world does this have to do with coronavirus?
Come on man, you’re letting some some shit we can’t even control affect you. Biden’s a joke candidate, Trumps a joke too. Fuck em all. (On that same note, why does anyone still mention Hillary’s name? I like Ike but god damn, let’s lay it to rest)
No use guessing the future or we’d be playing the lottery.

7 Likes

9 Likes

The hero we need

3 Likes

Hell I bet alot of people are uncomfortable going back that 600 a week kicker on unemployment is more money than a lot of people make in a week… I sincerely hope that everyone who was getting bent over a barrel being paid a starvation wage refuses to go back and uses this rare moment of leverage to enact social change … If you work 40 hours a week in this country you should not have to worry about the most basic things so that some CEO cocksucker can buy a 4th home or another 1000 a hour whore

Eat the Rich

9 Likes

Refusing to go back is terms for termination.

1 Like

Regular unemployment would have paid my bills, but not much left over. No big, wouldn’t have to work and there’s always other means to make a buck if you have time on your hands. When they said an extra 600/week plus 2400 tax free I about crapped my pants. When the checks started coming in I could hardly believe it. It does seem a bit excessive, but it’s also cheap cost of living where I’m at.

Did buy a new A/C and furnace though, as well as saved most of it so far. It sucks to say but this is one of the better things to happen to me, financially speaking. Usually it’s some sort of stupid catastrophe bleeding me dry.

3 Likes

Regular unemployment where I’m at is capped at 325 a week so a lot of construction workers claim an address on the other side of the river …it’s crazy to ride through neighborhoods and see so many Illinois plates

3 Likes

My point was really just I’m happy that a lot of people who have never made more than 400 dollars a week got there first taste of a living wage and I hope it lit a fire in them
My opinion if you can’t pay a living wage to all employees than you don’t have a substainable business model and any business who’s model is based off of using government assistance programs to prop up there under payed workers should not be in business

Here’s to hoping something positive comes out of this Corona virus like manufacturing jobs just don’t want to watch rural America get raped with 10 dollar an hour factory jobs or even worse the temporary employment scam

11 Likes

That’s insane. I live frugally as hell in a cheap area and 250/week doesn’t leave room for anything extra but a couple Slim Jims and 30 rack of Busch Light.

I think so too. So many people are in the “poor mentality” where they can’t ever imagine doing better and saving money or paying down debt or hell even an extra $100 in their checking account is just a fever dream. This might just be the wakeup call to the working poor/lower middle class that things COULD be better. I just got out of struggle mode a few years ago, it does bad things to you mentally.

7 Likes

I agree with everything this doctor said. So much truth and logic packed in this interview.

4 Likes

Perhaps termination of unemployment benefits, but here (Nevada) , you can’t be termed for not returning to work, unless the Governor says ok, and stay at home orders are lifted…

My GUESS that if people refuse to return to work, that the employer will put them in the back of the line for calling back to work…Mind you…I said GUESS!

1 Like

My nephew applied for a union electrical job (in Ontario) earlier this week and was told there were 293 people ahead of him. He was called Friday by the company and was told the job was his and show up Monday.
When I queried further about the folks that were ahead of him he said “they sooner sit home and collect”… I’m still having a little trouble rapping my head around that.

Cheers
G

4 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Wtf???

sighs like a disappointed grandfather

3 Likes

This topic was closed after reaching platform technical limit of 4000 replies.

Please continue in new topic:

1 Like

My dude @cannabissequoia . Did you read the original post?
I asked how are you. How is your family. Have you eaten. Please delete your post, or move it.

1 Like