Coronavirus Facts and Fiction - January - May 2020 [Closed]

That actually looking quite positive from what I can tell. Looks like it peaked overall and has flattened.

3 Likes

They’ve basically shut down the whole country for weeks.

No gatherings above 15 people, everyone in their houses, forced business closures, churches shut down, only essential services and I think most city’s are in a state of emergency.

Also to note, if anyone here has symptoms they tell you to stay at home for 10 days, 14 if you end up in a hospital and get tested. My whole family has a little cough, but about the mildest one I’ve had. My son has a little fever but he also got vaccinated a few days ago. I think Canadians did some of the highest testing per capita; but our actual infected numbers will still be way higher than reported.

5 Likes

A very recent study about the Italy issue suggests that the isolation and quarantines works. This is despite the tremendous suffering they’ve encountered, once the quarantines were enforced they back tracked the data into their models suggesting that they’ve saved a lot of lives with such measures.

edit: we should note that acquired immunity will be an entirely different problem to tackle.

4 Likes

Someone sent this to me, thought I would pass it along. :v:

The following is from Irene Ken physician, whose daughter is an Asst. Prof in infectious diseases at Johns Hopkins University.

The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.
Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.

The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam).

By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.

HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 77 degrees Fahrenheit for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.

Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.

Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.

Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.

NO BACTERICIDE OR ANTIBIOTIC SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; antibodies cannot kill what is not alive.

NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only:

• between 3 hours (fabric and porous),
  • 4 hours (copper and wood)
  • 24 hours (cardboard),
  • 42 hours (metal) and
  • 72 hours (plastic).
10 Likes

I don’t know if it was intentional or accidental but I certainly don’t believe the official story they’ve espoused, either.

Only time will tell.

Keep on eye on the Swedish data here.

3 Likes

That would explain why taking NAAIDS makes it much worse because they are also blood thinners, making it more easily absorbed perhaps?

1 Like

See this for the theory (NSAIDs):

He has a couple of follow-ons for the topic and they are a pretty good overview of a complex system.

3 Likes

https://off-guardian.org/2020/03/24/12-experts-questioning-the-coronavirus-panic

This Dr, also has some interesting things to say…

Dr John Ioannidis Professor of Medicine, of Health Research and Policy and of Biomedical Data Science, at Stanford University School of Medicine and a Professor of Statistics at Stanford University School of Humanities and Sciences. He is director of the Stanford Prevention Research Center, and co-director of the Meta-Research Innovation Center at Stanford (METRICS).

He is also the editor-in-chief of the European Journal of Clinical Investigation. He was chairman at the Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, University of Ioannina School of Medicine as well as adjunct professor at Tufts University School of Medicine.

As a physician, scientist and author he has made contributions to evidence-based medicine, epidemiology, data science and clinical research. In addition, he pioneered the field of meta-research. He has shown that much of the published research does not meet good scientific standards of evidence.

What he says:

Patients who have been tested for SARS-CoV-2 are disproportionately those with severe symptoms and bad outcomes. As most health systems have limited testing capacity, selection bias may even worsen in the near future.

The one situation where an entire, closed population was tested was the Diamond Princess cruise ship and its quarantine passengers. The case fatality rate there was 1.0%, but this was a largely elderly population, in which the death rate from Covid-19 is much higher.

[…]

Could the Covid-19 case fatality rate be that low? No, some say, pointing to the high rate in elderly people. However, even some so-called mild or common-cold-type coronaviruses that have been known for decades can have case fatality rates as high as 8% when they infect elderly people in nursing homes.

[…]

If we had not known about a new virus out there, and had not checked individuals with PCR tests, the number of total deaths due to “influenza-like illness” would not seem unusual this year. At most, we might have casually noted that flu this season seems to be a bit worse than average.

K.

1 Like

This paper is pretty crazy timeline of events, about the fear and reporting of the virus…

Mr. Crowe breaks it down nicely.

Regards,

K.

Michigan’s Gov. Whitless wants to extend “lockdown” 70 more days.
And she increased the fine for violating same from $500 to $1,000.
Yet nobody seems to know what constitutes grounds for violation, folks seem to be pretty mobile statewide.

3 Likes

They told my buddy who flew back from the States he had to stay locked up for ten days, or he faced a million dollar fine…

K.

4 Likes

My parents just came back from the states and were told the same thing about the $1M fine.

2 Likes

That is crazy…I get how serious this is, but damn…

On a side note, they are talking about letting soft crime committers like pedo’s, leave the prison systems, due to this virus…

Edit: So, how do they make sure everyone who is supposed to stay put, stays put, or if they go out? Track them? Get people to inform them?

Crazy world we live in.

K.

2 Likes

0n the subject of fines for not isolating… in my town as we speak

4 Likes

14 days now?

Crazy…People are going to string them up for their choices…Public shaming should be hitting anytime soon…

K.

2 Likes

It will probably get dirty once names are leaked. Small town

3 Likes

Small town everyone undoubtedly knows who they are where they were and are calling RCMP every time they set foot outside. RCMP already are doing the “it’s CBSAs job not ours”

They’ll be those people who get locked up…

3 Likes

In the UK the numbers are higher than released , this is mainly due to lack of registrars to register deaths. They are recruiting for them now to be trained quick , when this happens there will be a steady rise. Also there is a lack of coroners and they are the ones who say how death happened. They won’t say this on the news as it’s another area the government made cuts over the last decades . My source is direct from a council in city

4 Likes