Coronavirus Facts and Fiction - January - May 2020 [Closed]

There is no way to contain this virus, they will just have to let it run it’s course and see where the chips fall, hope we are all fairly healthy and under the age of 55.

4 Likes

Sort of an unsettling image.

4 Likes

It’s just a normal flu man

Jk they are acting more sketchy than usual

2 Likes

Its not the virus we need to worry about, Its the System…

Be perpared people just like Good BoyScouts

7 Likes

I keep telling people to consider the potential economic reprocutions of all of this. They shut the power off in California a couple times this summer due to there own lack of proper maintance driven by greed. Long story short by day three of no ATMs, closed stores and gas stations people were already acting desperate and vile towards each other. This was done with warning and people were still scrambling like it was the end of days. Some people instantly bought months of supplies leaving nothing for others who needed them. Our system is so fragile and over burdend it dosent take much for it to start falling apart. Alot of the world’s economy is wrapped up in and there for affected by China and how it’s government is handling this.

8 Likes

Latest (via Zerohedge 2/4):

• Confirmed deaths: 479

• Confirmed cases: 23,892

• Chinese authorities have enforced full community lockdown in Nanjing Province

• American Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Jetstar close routes to China

• Taiwan tightens travel restrictions

• WHO infectious hazard chief says outbreak 'not a pandemic'

• <s>Japan says no coronavirus cases confirmed on cruise ship "Diamond Princess"</s>

• Japan says 10 coronavirus cases confirmed on cruise ship "Diamond Princess"

• Kudlow says impact on US economy from outbreak will be 'limited'

6 Likes

The cure has been found. :joy:

6 Likes

Oh Great I just check they have a few bottles of Dewar’s left and they want $10,000 a bottle
Bastards

5 Likes

The co. I work at has almost all their suppliers based in China, luckily I’m near retirement but I have meetings constantly with their reps.
Looking beyond my own risk, the folks that I work with are all threatened by this outbreak in the sense that we are a just-in-time biz and there is no way that supplier base can be shifted onto American co’s.
They simply don’t exist.

5 Likes

That was then.

4 Likes

BTW wtf are “invisible chains of infection”???
The onboard rock band?

2 Likes

China’s health minister, Ma Xiaowei, recently told reporters there is evidence it’s already mutated into a stronger variation that is able to spread more easily among humans.

bs. Ok, let’s see the evidence showing that it has recently mutated (evidence other than the inaccurate data that has been already been “shared”).

== result of inept control of the contagion.

3 Likes

Trump has ordered all repatriated Americans into quarantine on US military bases.
obongo kept importing Nigerians at the height of the last ebola scare.
Quite the contrast.

1 Like

Hard to exist when you have been undercut and outsourced for 30 years

2 Likes

The map is looking more and more like the map in the Outbreak movie! SCARY

If tRump did order the quarantine of repatriated Americans…it sure is a secret, and no one except you knows anything about it. Not a fan of Obama, but he had a brain…unlike tRump!

4 Likes

Crazy. Imagine not being sick on this boat and not able to leave?

4 Likes

Some asshole on a flight to Jamaica exclaimed “I have the corona virus!”

They turned the plane around. Just looking to go viral. Fool.

8 Likes

Ya not the best of times for that type of joke And on a plane cmon :joy:

7 Likes

400 comments too bad other topics don’t get this much attention

5 Likes

Hmmm not fishy at all

3 Likes