Anyone Else Sick?

Symptoms are as follows :

1. Scratchy throat that will become a cough thats quite deep
  2. A waterfall runny nose and even my eyes leaked tears
  3. Continuous Fever of 100-101
  4. Fatigue and Aches
  5. Diarrhea ( what a cursed word to spell )
  6. Sneezes that hurt
  7. Headache
  8. Hot and Cold chills probably from the fever
  9. Sweating alot while sleeping
  10. Trouble falling alseep due to the virus
  11. Slowed movements , feeling slowish / heavy , like I dont feel Like I can move very fast lol.

This obviously sounds like the Flu, but also covid. Either way 9 states in the southeast are under Very High respiratory illness indexes. I know folks from Boston and Texas who are sick with the same symptoms .

Maybe we can say a few prayers for each other as we deal with this sickness.

Full disclosure, this for sure feels worse than the ‘’ covid " I got at the beginning of the year

20 Likes

The wife just got over the flu a few weeks ago. Almost the same symptoms except for the diarrhea. It’s definitely going around bad this year down south

3 Likes

I’ve been dealing with some symptoms, but I don’t think it’s covid.

Hope you feel better soon!

2 Likes

Thank you much !!! , I hope you get better too

2 Likes

Oh for sure, I was talking to my friend and him and his girl are getting sick with it, and his brother is the one who gave it to me lol . For sure making its rounds this year.

South Carolina hit the highest possible score from the CDC for Respiratory illness , the south is getting its fair share for sure.

1 Like

Yes, all those symptoms, like spot on with the fever of 100-101, the waterfall nose, all of it. Me and my wife haven’t been sick in 4+ years!! We’re getting negatives on the covid test so figure its something weird, like a flu without puking.

7 Likes

I’m running a mild head/chest cold for the last couple days. Nothing that bad though. Mostly nasal drainage and congestion. Glad I don’t have it worse right now but still irritated cause fuck feeling sick.

2 Likes

Lady and I were sickna couple weeks back for like 4 days… awful stuff…

RSV is going around too so…

3 Likes

My family’s had an upper respiratory thing going for a few weeks. My younger seems to have it the worst… nasty sounding cough when she’s sleeping (probably mucus pooling).

I was blowing very satisfying snot rockets there for a bit.

I have tested myself a few times with rapid tests, and my younger was tested at school. All negative, though I wonder if the new variants aren’t being detected? Could also be the flu, or something else altogether.

We did get boosted and had the yearly flu vax. I used to shirk doing the latter, because I’ve always had a robust immune system, but the first flu I got post Covid was a doozie, so I’ve done it every year since. Of course they only prime your immune system they aren’t a complete protection.

A bunch of relatives the next state over seem to have had or have the same thing.

4 Likes

i’ve had the flu recently and covid a while back. the flu was much worse, it was bad enough to actually put me in the hospital TWICE back to back around thanksgiving time. don’t take it lightly man, i didn’t know how bad the flu could get until i got it this time around. get plenty of fluids to fight that dehydration (electrolytes and whatnot are good i think), i had major dehydration and ridiculously low blood pressure. if i didn’t go to the hospital in time or delayed it i’m scared of what might have happened to me.

4 Likes

It’s likely RSV. It’s very contagious. I had Covid from a Thanksgiving dinner and a month later I have the RSV I’m pretty sure. It’s been almost as bad as the Covid. I’m hoping this is the last day or two that I have it. Lung problems with a lot of mucus.

Stay safe OG’ers it’s no joke. :v:

7 Likes

The wife and I are just recovering from all those symptoms. Nasty stuff
Hope everyone has a healthy new year!!

2 Likes

i had covid last weekend,but not as bad as the first time i had it (a year ago)

Happy & Healthy New Year ,OGers

4 Likes

Currently coming out of my 1st bout with Covid, spent Christmas locked down and feeling sorry for myself that I couldn’t see my daughters and grandkids. My symptoms were nausea the first couple days, a low grade fever off and on, runny nose and cough that moved deep into my lungs, night sweats and most notably and terrifying for me, a complete loss of smell and taste(a coffee lovers worst nightmare). I learned that eating a banana when nauseas is the worst possible thing you can do, I’ve never thrown up so fast in my life and all while laughing at my stupidity. I hope you mend quickly!

2 Likes

Your story made me feel so emotional. Sorry to hear you got really sick with flu and COVID. It must have been very hard, and I’m glad to know that you got help from a doctor on time and that you’re fine. Your experience shows just how bad these sicknesses can be. Thank you for telling your story

4 Likes

Hydralyte is your best friend when you’re sick.

4 Likes

I haven’t fully recovered from the 3 times a had Covid that I know of. Always tired, headache, developed brain fog and find it extremely difficult to focus and concentrate, developed weird anxiety that I have no idea how to explain. Starting to think I’ve got the long vid

2 Likes

Update : this still sucks lol. Day what? 3 of fever I think. Symptoms come and go… like I randomly have diarrhea again after 3 days of not having it…

I woke up today feeling a lot better but the absolute dryness of my face / nose and the air is brutal… and my cough is the worse it’s been ( thank God for delysm 12 hr it works great )

2 Likes

it’s the dehydration that can really get you. it can completely sneak up on you. i somehow didn’t know until it was too late.

1 Like

Yep me and the whole crew
Cough
Low grade fever
Chills
Stuffed nose
Don’t feel like eating
Smoking don’t even get me hi but
It helps the stomach queasy feeling
Diarrhea
In bed now lol
It’s hurts to laugh :joy: