CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

I always like to set up my planters and let them sit for a couple weeks to get their mojo working. Your good man!

Bummer about the fan!

8 Likes

Yeah I’ll probably give it two weeks before I start the seeds. Have you ever done plain water only in bottom and not filling until it dried out? That’s how I was originally planning on using the Earthbox but after seeing the results you get makes me wonder. Is there any risk keeping full using em-1 or labs?

3 Likes

I have always used a microbial inoculant at every watering and keep the reservoir topped off.

8 Likes

Will you run the air stones this time?

4 Likes

Shit yes. Edit!

6 Likes

Just saw @Kami just got in a bunch a Earthbox’s and will be running 9 earthboxes …

Go check it out here and spread the :green_heart:

8 Likes

Boom! I just started following dudes journey! @kami welcome to the club!

7 Likes

Ditto :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yep count me in too! :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Sorry for the picture spam, but this is the final update on the Earth Lover CBD “Whoops, it’s an Auto”.

Thanks for the fun adventure @DougDawson, I will definitely be growing out the rest of these. I am sure it will make some decent CBD rosin when its done :+1:

25 Likes

Very cool man, glad it worked out in the end. Hope it works well for you.

5 Likes

Does anyone know the time limit you have to edit an initial post in a thread? I just went to add more pictures to the process section and the ability to edit is nada.

5 Likes

I think it’s around 20 days or so when it becomes un-editable

6 Likes

Do you think if I reached out to the admins and asked real nice they might make an exception?

4 Likes

:man_shrugging: don’t know,
worth a shot :+1:

4 Likes

Look awesome @bassman5420 hope you get that good rosin you’re looking for!

:peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Beautiful job @bassman5420! Those things are a pheno hunters dream.

3 Likes

Alright y’all! I did the damn thing, so here is the first update of the Sunshine 4 #7 x Sunshine 4 #8 from DBJ in the new set up.

Before planting in the 27gals, all plants were under a single CMH in quart sized pots. I finished setting up and changing lights out after the ST finished drying in the 3x3. When I turned all lights on in the 5x5, the plants were not happy. I had the QB96’s at 50% and the CMH’s were still a little too close. I adjusted everything by raising lights up and dropping the wattage on the QBs down to like 20-30%. In my haste and panic, I also overwatered them. Dude!

I let them chill for a day or two, practicing the fine art of LITFA before I planted my selected ladies in their final resting place. On 05/01 I decided it was time to get-a-plantin’. After planting, I added my second topdress lasagna layer and topwatered a gallon of TM-7, AgSil 16h, coconut, and LABS between the two. You’ll notice also, that I changed the lid situation as the hard top wouldn’t allow me to mound up my topdresses. I think it’s helped also to give a bit of room between the cover and soil as you’ll see in the following picture when l lifted the lid this morning.

Alright, enough chatter! Here’s my photo dump of the day.
This picture was taken when I decided to wait a day or two before planting

On planting day:

This morning 05/03. Things are perking up!

I plan to let them veg for longer than normal to try and fill the upcoming screen, before flipping. Updates forthcoming……

@invisible did I miss anything? Ha!

17 Likes

Awww, I’ve got that same exact humidifier in my room. One of five haha…

That Santa’s Beard is craaaazzyyyyyy. I love how those EB’s (DIY or not) really seem to encourage serious fungal growth. I wanna try them out, but they just take up too much space. I did the math one time, I think I could fit six of the big ones in my 5x5. That’s not enough haha.

Looking real good, though!

8 Likes

I absolutely love the EB’s. I still run them but I ended up building SIP’s out of 7.5 gallon totes. They only measure 12.5" x 17". They are light enough to move around Very Easily… They talk up less room and I can grow plants that will suit my needs. I guess I am going to have to post up in here about building some 7.5 Gal SIPs.

12 Likes