CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

Yup, pretty much.

Probably, but it’d be pretty labor intensive. There’s other designs floating around out there already:

Not sure I really like that one as it hangs the fan upside-down, but just an example. You could probably take that one and modify it, if you knew wtf you were doing, but I really have no idea… haha.

4 Likes

Okay, but if somebody did know what they were doing, they could take a look at a pole mount and make their own “blueprint” or whatever? I mean, those designs are based on something, right? Somebody had to have created their design on a physical, like, “in their hands” pole mount, correct?

I’m certain my girl’s husband could make this. He’s pretty fucking smart. Super-weird haha, but I’m positive he’s capable of making those mounts. I’m gonna try my best to remember to ask my friend about this today.

5 Likes

Ya anyone that 3d designs and prints items will be able to make prototypes with just a picture and a couple measurements of the critical areas (tent pole diameter, fan mounting surface measurements and hole location/size)

6 Likes

There’s a guy on Etsy who makes clever tent clips for most fans. I’d have to look him up in my order info.

3 Likes

What about @Bobgrows y’all? Doesn’t she make tent clips? She makes tons of other cool 3D printed stuff!

7 Likes

There’s this thread as well. Might be able to find someone to help there

8 Likes
2 Likes

I really appreciate the help with the pole fan clip, folks. :hugs: Hopefully I won’t need it - woke up to shipping details on my Cloudray and they say next week.

:crossed_fingers:

Here’s an updated pic. Zoom the bottom nug for the full effect without any photographic tomfoolery or enhancement.

Pretty pink pistils on lots of tops.

:white_flower:

When I say it like that, it reminds me of Full Metal Jacket…I won’t quote the quote cuz I don’t want to offend anyone.

So weird that these plants are expressing differently this round. Makes me think the SIPs are just way more optimized than previous grows. Still, the GM1 shown in the pics can’t quite get happy…she may get voted off the island despite me loving her savory, meaty, “fuely” terps and being super stony. I guess we’ll see!

Thanks @CrunchBerries for letting us fudge up your thread with all the off topic discussion!

:sunrise_over_mountains: :rainbow_flag:
:peace_symbol:

19 Likes

Yes we can do proto types from dimensions and pictures.
You just need to be specific on what you want with measurements.
I’m not home yet , but if you want to send the info, send me a DM if you’re interested.

8 Likes

I was just letting @minitiger know that lots of these people that print can also do designs. I design and print items also, but mainly just for myself heh. :+1:

6 Likes

The only time I was seeing pink hairs was over a decade ago on my buddies Skunk #1 plant they grew for years. Massive juicy buds that smelt like overly ripe fruit and some nice pink hairs on top to round it out heh.

7 Likes

No worries y’all! It’s all related! Now if you were talking politics, money, religion, current sports, or the latest NKOTB project….

5 Likes

Do any of you guys keep your moms in smaller SIPs?

4 Likes

I have planned on keeping some moms in SIPs, but they inevitably get flowered out. @bassman5420 might with his 3D printed mini sips.

@CruJones huh? I just put it all together! One of my favorite movies of all time!

10 Likes

Nice! Was wondering if I was older than everyone here or if it’s just that obscure a movie reference. “Hollywood Mike Miranda” would have been a cool username, lol.

Yeah, I’ve been interested in keeping moms in SIPs since seeing a video where Kev Jodrey talks about how he keeps his moms in Earthboxes to get them in peak health.

8 Likes

That’s the video that pushed me over the edge into trying an Earthbox. If Jodrey has praises for it, then it must be something special

8 Likes

I have a bunch of 5 & 3 gallon buckets that I made some mom sips out of. The black drainage pipe i zip tie to to 3 and cover the bottom with fabric pot so I can lift out the 3 gal if I have to. I also drilled a bunch of holes in the bottom of the 3 gal after these pics.

11 Likes

That’d be a nice size. Are you using this design? I need to get a bit more adventurous and make a few.

3 Likes

Using them right now. I will take a pic later!

3 Likes

The wife and I wound up setting up a city pickers for a tomato garden bed and for herbs.

4 Likes