CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

Lovely jungle.

3 Likes

Nice indeed

2 Likes

@nube looking good!!

SIP plants always look fantastic. It’s a perfect environment.

I’m in the middle of emptying my 3x3 No till bed that I’ve used for 3 years straight so I can replace my old tent. But I’ve decided that SIPs are going back in instead of the bed. SIPs are the way!!

9 Likes

Better late, than never! Thank you for the update and sharing your garden! Everything’s looking happier than a pig in shit!! That NR8 is a stretcher huh!!?

Nice man! You going DIY, City Picker, EB or something else? Definitely keep us updated!

5 Likes

I already have 3 extra earthboxes from last years outdoors that I will use. Not gonna mess with what works.

4 Likes

Still plugging along !

14 Likes

Sheesh! Look at all that mycelium :drooling_face: what did you top dress with, @Slurreme-i-am

4 Likes

@unomas good morning! I topped her with Country Roots (veg blend), MI Beneficials (beneboost) , growing organic (kashi blend) and one of my favorites Pescadero Gold(mustard seed meal) !

2 Likes

I will be flipping her sometime this week

6 Likes

I’ve seen a few people using this now. Seems like it gets a full, luscious beard. I did some preliminary reading on it and the write up says it can be harmful to worms. Seems like strong stuff. What’s your experiences?

4 Likes

@CrunchBerries it will def fry some worms if they can’t get away from it (run deep :arrow_down: several inches anyway) other soil critters love this shxt! though. Have used in worm bins before with some depth to them after a few days it cools down and the wormies go ape shxt over it. Oh and definitely top dress with at least 3 weeks before planting. Helps with fu. Gnats some too

3 Likes

Oh and I use before flip too

1 Like

Morning!
:sun_with_face:
Quick day 49F update here. Things are moving right along. I’ve done a little defoliation of the top & middle on some plants, leaving others untouched. Pun intended! :wink: I wish I hadn’t flowered such big plants so they would have a bit more room to stretch out, but you gotta play the hand you’re dealt. Temps have been 68-73F during lights on (with lights turned up all the way) and 64-68F with lights off, with humidity running 57-62% after I set the controller to 58%.

Tahoe OG really chunking out this time. What a beast! It’s hard to tell because of the phone camera, but some of these buds are fist sized. She has both a citrusy and almost a berry thing going on for me right now. Finally getting some peachy pistils turning. Like @iamyou_youareme mentioned in his update last night, absolutely enormous calyx/bract development makes this one look like a collection of teardrops. This round the Tahoe isn’t perfect, but it’s probably 75% of the way there.

Nigerian Rafiki #8 is still stretching. I’ve had to supercrop several more tops, and I’m finally seeing what other people have said about her being light sensitive - there are a few nanners showing up. This late in flower, I’m not too worried about it, but it’s definitely a strike against her. Still drinking her whole ~2gal rez each day, still smells great, and has gotten noticeably frostier in the last couple weeks. I’ll probably turn down the lights this week to finish everything at lower temps.

Here’s a pic of Tahoe right next to her friend Nigerian Rafiki #8 for comparison.

Santa Cruz Blue Dream doing OK. She’s in the home stretch and, because she didn’t stretch thru the screen like I thought she would, her lowers are starting to flop. Still smells great, second best in the tent, but definitely could be happier.

Spellcaster #10 still looking so vibrant and happy. She’s the least done in the whole tent. I’m a little concerned she’s going to go as long as the NR8, but I guess it doesn’t matter - just trying to plan out the dry & trim. There’s still time to fill out, and @nobodysnursery says she finishes fast at or around day 70F. Kinda a little leafier than I had anticipated, but that’s prolly on me. Smells like a brighter version of Bandaid Haze #7. We’ll see how she smokes.

Dragon Hammer #3 on the other side of the tent is being dwarfed by everyone else. She’s a leafy, floppy, stinky mess. lol Much like the SCBD, she didn’t stretch thru the net as expected, so her half of her is flopping everywhere and about to snap. But, on the plus side, she smells crazy good right now - went from oldschool cocoa butter tanning lotion to Granny Smith green apples to (currently) lime kush jolly rancher. I care about effects & potency way more (like 95%) than I do terps & yield (5%), but this one comes with so much fanfare that I’m happy to give her a shot.

Here’s MM31 with some sideboob photobombing the DH3.

Mother’s Milk #31 is last but not least. She’s stuck in the far back corner but doesn’t seem to care. Not much to say other than she’s just doing her thing, frosting and bulking up. Hard to get an idea of what she smells like because the DH3 right next to her is so loud, but the resin is like a muted perfumey OG right now. I want to get back there to defoliate but she’s in a tough spot. Also, prepare to support her a lot at the very beginning of flower because her stems are floppy like TK, maybe even floppier. lol If you try moving her around, her stems literally just fold and never recover. I still think she’s a gorgeous plant!

The other two SIPs that have the BHix3 #3 purps and GG4 in them are a bust, so I’m going to pull those out and chop soon because they’re just taking up space and adding humidity.

Also, I did an STS reversal that has ended up working, all of the cuts are throwing balls…but it’s between 35-40 days since first spray and flip so they’re taking literally twice as long as I thought they would. Basically, I missed the pollination window. Sucks but it was my first time using STS to reverse a plant (previously used colloidal silver), so I’ll try to collect and store some pollen for next time. I did have a friend send some other regular pollen (wolfpack x cobra lips) so I painted that on yesterday and we’ll see if it takes.

Have a great week!

:zap: :rainbow:
:peace_symbol:

30 Likes

Good Morning @nube,

Fine photos and excellent plants.
I am enjoying the show, thank you.
Also, very pleased these photos are posted together and
only require one of the limited “likes :heart:” in my possession. lol
Most considerate of you.

4 Likes

Damn it. That was my last :heart:. Oh well, it was worth it. :grin:

3 Likes

That sounds like the Tahoe I remember and loved, with those sorta “elongated” calyces, much different than other OG’s. How exciting!

Crazyyyyyy… haha. On day 49? Hoowee… I’ve probably already asked this, but do we know exactly what that Nigerian is, point of origin (other than Nigeria, obviously haha), if it’s something other people are using etc etc? Is it that Big Sur Nigerian that Bodhi uses every now and then? Or Top Dawg’s? Or…?

Anyway, plants look good!

9 Likes

The Nigerian used in Nigerian Rafiki is E.T.s Nigerian.

8 Likes

I’ll flip her within a week loving it!

14 Likes

Hi there! I just wanted to drop in and say I’m sold on the power of sub irrigation. While my soil mix is still pretty novice style I’m seeing crazy hydroponic-like growth.

exactly 21 days between pics. Hope it’s OK I post this here

20 Likes

All SIPs are welcome. Great job! I use 5 gallon bucket SIPs for my pepper plants in the summer.

6 Likes