CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

god save the worms, cause theyre always saving us right?

11 Likes

How long do you guys think I should go before I amend for flower on these EB Jr’s? This is obviously factoring in two weeks for amendments to break down. They’re a bodhi nl2 x 88g13 Hp. I don’t want to over do them, granted they’re probably the slowest vegging plants I’ve grown to date.

15 Likes

Hey @anon74731205 i topdress 3ish times in the OG EBs. Once when I set up the planter, once on plant day, and the last one on flip day. I would image, if you flipped now and kept the plants smaller that you could get away with four. I would probably add the 4th after stretch. Is this virgin or reammended soil?

10 Likes

I never amend from the get go as I used build a soil 3.0 , it’s rich stuff. Built off the coots recipe. I usually go 2-3 times weekly for flower in my pots then re-amend for next go around . Although it seems the way the roots are growing above the soil and how thick the stalks are , I may have to scrap it and start a new. Let’s see.

8 Likes

If you have a good amount of feeder roots already I’d give them something to eat :slight_smile:
Top dressing now wouldn’t hurt I don’t think

8 Likes

Worm party?! Ok, Ima squeeze in here over in the far corner :wink:

8 Likes

Welcome to the party brother @Cartwright! The nachos are almost ready!

15 Likes

@CrunchBerries you and a number of other organic sip growers are blowing my mind with the vigor and overall health you are getting from sips! I grow in a 2 x 2.5 tent and I am trying to get a handle on how I could go about trying to grow four small plants for variety in two small potentially custom sips. Do you think that’s possible? Up until now I’ve been under the impression I would be restricted to growing one big plant in my small tent if I made the shift.

9 Likes

:thinking: I’m thinking if you built maybe 2 10 gal diy or 4 5 gal you might be able to pull it off. The only issue people find themselves in with putting two different varieties in the same planter is the growth patterns of the plants. One inevitably overshadows the other. You would also need to keep them small. Maybe only running plants that you know are female, so they don’t have veg too long and flipping as soon as they show signs of growth.

Thoughts? @Maddawg @bassman5420 @nube @BeagleZ @iamyou_youareme @invisible @syzygy I’m sure I’m missing someone……

12 Likes

I’d advise going more than one / two max plants in a 2x2.5 to be honest . I had three juniors in a 2x4 and I bit more than I could chew with them. Two juniors / or one earthbox with two equal plants are max I wound go. Remember in a SIP they get large.

9 Likes

Don’t worry I chimed in :joy:

8 Likes

Chime on! All opinions and experiences are welcome here! We don’t learn in a vacuum.

11 Likes

yeah, I like the idea of 4 5 galloners. That way each one is still modular. The key would be like @CrunchBerries said, not to grow them too big and to flip asap. Maybe top them one to slow down vertical growth and encourage some side branching.

9 Likes

4 separate 5 gallons sounds like it makes the most sense as to not have strains outgrow each other. I would love to have more indoor space to grow, but I’ve got what I’ve got for now, so just trying to maximize it! It’s pretty undeniable to see the results you all are getting with SIPs in organic grows. I feel like my veg takes forever in fabric pots!

9 Likes

@Maddawg posted a thorough tutorial a while back on making the diy versions. Feel free to ask any questions and damn sure keep us updated!

8 Likes

The caveat to that is if you grow them short and flip , is the end result worth it for you to have a few ounces ? 5 gal buckets are tall, so if it’s a stretchy plant they’ll hit the lights and Indica types will bush out .

8 Likes

Yeah, you’d for sure need to keep them small if you’re doing 2 in 1 box. I like the 1 cultivar per box thing, but that’s just me. I’d like to think each plant creates it’s own little micro-environment, but I could be way off. I do notice some cultivars definitely feed heavier than others though, so I’d be concerned about one plant using up all the available NPK and stunting the other.

But shit, I love variety too, and love growing a bunch of plants at once. Guess that’s why I have like 4 tents now :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

I recently built two 5gal ish SIPS for a 1.5 x 3 grow space and have a cheese in one and a blue gelato in another both fems I vegged for 7 weeks.

I just hit 30 days flower and am running into deficiencies already they caught me unaware, having said that I realize I forgot to top dress before flip.

The single 10 gal I was running before never ran into any deficiency.

You could go with 4 5gals for more varieties just need to top dress and keep an eye on them.

One plant per sip is the way to go though, unless its the same variety.

If you check out the SIP thread over at RIU @GrassBurner runs 4 SIPS in one of his tents and I think they are less than 5gal from memory

12 Likes

Right! I think they were four gal food containers and all had airstones in the reservoir. Super cool set up!

9 Likes

Yeah thats the one! He gets great results with his little setup. He also runs those city pickers in a closet too I think

8 Likes