CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

Hey crunch and crew, ive got my next one ready to go into her sip but i am waiting on my next shipment of compost and craft blend. Should i go ahead and transplant then just do ewc, kashi, and the last bit of craft i have then do another layer when my shipment arrives or try and buy some local compost and just add more craft when it arrives?

Also on another note, in my searches for compost i found some articles saying to be very careful with range fed animal manure due to a newer pesticide causing issues. Haven’t dug more into it but throwing it out there

7 Likes

Is it fresh soil or ROLs? I’d say either way go ahead and transplant with the EWC and the top off when your shipment comes.
You don’t really need the compost if your using EWC In my opinion

Home made compost and EWC for the win.

8 Likes

When is your shipment supposed to arrive? ROLS or virgin soil? Have you already added a topdress layer at the initial setup? If not, add what you got and add another layer when planted. Adding an extra layer than normal isnt going to hurt things. I only add 3 topdress layers. One at set up, one at planting, and one at flip. Maybe one after stretch, but I haven’t yet had the need. Is the plant unhealthy and needs to get planted asap?

Personally, I like adding Compost in addition to the EWC. Added soil biology, npk, etc. I am trying to front load everything the plant will need during its life cycle, so we don’t run out of gas.
I have been using BU’s Blend for some time now and love it. Never knew I could love composted cow manure, but it’s true. They do a good job of really finishing the compost cycle before shipping out.
Do you have any links to articles about what you are referencing?

10 Likes

Absolutely loving all the probiotic/organic knowledge gathered in this place, but now I’m just wonder if there are other SIP enthusiasts out there like myself who simply run synthetic nutrients (or otherwise supplemented via the reservoir) in their SIP setups?

Would it be worth spinning off a “Supplemented Nutrient SIP Thread”? I think it would be cool to see comparisons, but I’ve got a poor track record with organics.

8 Likes

It’s been a minute since I updated on my grow. Shall we go….
The Queen Mother of all Dark Stars:

Sunshine 4 #7,8 at day 49f Very dense flowers with a loud citrus, sage thing going on. I’m still very bummed about the light burn/bleaching. It’s not bad, but noticeable. Strikes and gutters!

SSDD f2bx1 @47f Very berry and thick as an oil can. Buds are still loose, but are getting more dense by the day.

I’m going to run the SSDD clone I took and will probably run one of the 3 different SS4’s in the 27 gals upcoming run. After that, we shall see. I’m thinking by that point, I will down shift to smaller sips to increase variety and plant more seeds. Only time will tell!

Hope y’all are well~ Crunchy :call_me_hand::mage::call_me_hand:

23 Likes

Those Sunshine 4’s are filling that tent up nice! And that SSDD bx1 is very interesting, will be cool to see the flowers mature.

10 Likes

Just wanted to follow up on this - turns out AC Infinity only created the shipping label but didn’t ship out the product. They claim that they overloaded UPS’s system with too many shipments and that’s why the tracking number isn’t updating, but it turns out that’s probably a lie because AC Infinity said I can’t file a claim with them until July 22 if my fan hasn’t been delivered by then… That’s two full weeks from the date of supposed shipment. Nothing takes that long to ship these days, not even stuff from India or China!

Ugh. lol First time AC Infinity has failed me. I really wish they would just say “we didn’t get our products in time due to shipping delays, so we haven’t shipped out your fan. Please accept our sincere apologies and here’s a 20% off coupon good for your next purchase.” Or really anything other than “We shipped it, honest! :crossed_fingers: Not our fault that UPS can’t keep up with 1500 shipments…” which just smells bad…as if UPS would have problems with even 150,000 packages, much less the 1500 AC Infinity claimed to have shipped in the last week. :poop:

So, back to square one. I’m feeling like I may get screwed by budrot if I let it ride, so I may have to go back through all the suggestions and find one I can implement quickly. Probably zip tying or duct taping an oscillating fan to a pole.

Sorry for the rant, just not impressed and getting a little worried about budrot…

But thanks for the great updates @CrunchBerries and the mother of all Dark Stars! :wink:

:peace_symbol:

16 Likes

hey @nube i was able to buy a really bomber pole mount from a guy that goes by woodshed on IG that he makes himself thats designed to fit a Holmes lil’ Blizzard fan, which has a stellar reputation for a long life, loving it so far and planning to get another mount for the veg tent. if you want his info just let me know.

12 Likes

Thanks! Please do PM me his info. I’ve been wanting to reach out to him for awhile, but don’t use IG so I couldn’t contact him.

:tada:

8 Likes

Ooh man. She’s looking great! She definitely has the starlite coming through with the flower structure there. Not my favorite flower structure either but it should still come out fantastic. Really looks like it’ll turn out like the BX1 I ran in the main thread earlier. She should still fill out some more but likely gonna stay on the slightly airy side once dried. Some potent blueberry daytime pain meds :yum:

12 Likes

image @CrunchBerries :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

9 Likes

I’d believe this if it was USPS instead of UPS. But UPS & FedEx pump themselves up using like high scan rates that approach 100%, whereas USPS is down in the 80-90% range somewhere.

6 Likes

I did the inital top dress when i filled and not sure on the shipment. I put the order in on the 4th and they havent shipped yet so probably at least another week. I have roots in ththe reservoir of my micro. I think im going to just hit it with what i have on hand and do an extra layer when my shipment shows.

I have bus and oly mountain in my order but cant really find it anywhere near me. Black kow had good reviews until i started looking closer and it seems to be a recent issue looking at the reviews. Below is the article that one of the reviews pushed me to.

5 Likes

Malibu Compost is Biodynamic and they use manure from organic dairy cows so I would not be worried one bit about using it, it is great stuff. If you want to look more into cow manure, just google: “cow manure compost scholarly articles” or something along those lines. That also goes for anything that you may want to look into, just adding “scholarly articles” to the search will give you more in depth and scientifically researched information and articles.

10 Likes

You are more than welcome to post your grow updates here if you would like. The method that I use is super easy. My first couple times with this method, I just followed dudes tutorial step by step, kept it simple, and had great success! You can too!

8 Likes

Looking fantastic in there brother! Don’t sweat the light bleach, we’ll trim that off :wink:

10 Likes

Are you offering some of your time in my trim jail?image

12 Likes

The dude abides man, the dude abides

8 Likes

Yeah i wouldn’t be too concerned with bus blend but in searching for alternatives it makes me leary of other brands. Black kow had been good for many years but their recent reviews have spoke to it

5 Likes

I’m in trim jail now but I’m about to get early release for good behavior. The light at the end of the trim tunnel is that you have more room for new plants!!! Yayayyyyyy

12 Likes