CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

Wow you got Nerf footballs growing on your plants! Does the room smell really really strong? I can imagine you’d get high just from breathing the air in there.

5 Likes

19 Likes

Morning Y’all,

I currently find myself in that weird space when your hippy speedball hasn’t quite equalized. Which is always a good time for an update. Breakfast blend and a Strawberry Temple cone to start the day. The breakfast of champions!

SS4@57days Welcome to Big Rock Candy Mountain! Smells are loud! Very citrus-sage. SS4 A on the left is the loudest! Dense! Did I mention loud!

SSDD F2 bx1 @55f Very berry, but also very loose structure.

Here’s to everything finishing up soon so it can get processed before vacation. :clinking_glasses:

Hope y’all are well~ Crunchy

31 Likes

Lookin great over there man! Bet that ss4 is going to be awesome, i keep eying my 5pk of it from glg.

13 Likes

Hope all is well with you @CrunchBerries! Man those ss4 be looking killer wish there was smell o vision and even with the looser structure the ssdd doesn’t seem very leafy shouldn’t be too hard to trim how long you think you are going to take her the structure reminds me a lot of a picture of doc d bandaid haze Ix 3 I saw

(photo cred advanced buffalo)

19 Likes

I saw this yesterday @DesertHeartGardens and instantly reminded me as well lol

Looking great @CrunchBerries! The SS4’s sure are chunky!!
Cheers, I’m stuffing my ST cone now as well. Apple juice for me though :wink:

13 Likes

Haha awesome! Looks like your furry partner is also down to clown! I had some Cheech Wizard #8 and a rum infused coffee. My furry friend is snuggled up next to me, still tired from swimming at the lake last night with friends. We got winds of 60mph that made 2-3ft waves, and she was out there charging into them like a lifeguard every time I’d throw the ball. Wish I had a safe way to share the videos. She looked like a seal in the swells. Practicing for the big lakes next week!

This is exactly what I’ve been told about the best SS4 - pretty, medium density buds that are stinky, sticky, and sometimes a little foxy. The pink hue tells me that one’s close to done.

How crazy is that? I’ve read that the lanky, OGish pheno of SSDD is the one to look for. Seems like maybe that F2 bx1 went a different direction.

Looks like you’re in for a happy harvest. How long before you leave for vacay?

Speaking of, I got my Cloudray S6 and it’s doing OK. The oscillation is a little janky, kinda like how the Honeywells get after a few months. Doesn’t seem super robust for the price ($55 or 60ish after tax and shipping), but we’ll see. :slight_smile: It’s got its work cut out for it:

Been defoliating every day, couple dozen leaves, but not making much of a dent in the humidity - still spiking to 70% overnight if we get monsoon rain, even with the exhaust fan on constantly. Also, the two plants on the right (GM1 front, GM4 back) are still drinking their whole rez every day or two.

Hard to get pics of the strikingly pink GM1, but this is approximately how it looks in person (no white balance):

And then with white balance:

And GM4, tangerine towers:

Lowered the lights to 500w and will drop them to 350ish before leaving. We leave next week Friday…

:crossed_fingers:

:sunrise_over_mountains: :rainbow:
:peace_symbol:

28 Likes

Cannabis and shepherds… Can’t ask for a better way to start the day!

11 Likes

Dang, was hoping the fans worked a bit smoother. I actually have 2 on the way since I got some moldy bud in my Earthbox tent. My clip fans died mid flower and I said screw it and let things ride…Bad choice… 1 bud with mold on the Sunset and a handful on the Critical Orange Punch… Painful but self inflicted… My cheapness biting me in the ass… So I said screw it and figured I would try the AC infinity fan.

9 Likes

Gawddamn, dude, that pink GM is friggin’ gorgeous! Is this a new thing that’s coming out on clone runs or something? I don’t recall any pink phenos in the seed run log.

That’s interesting. In all of the reading I did about SSDD back when I grew it, I never heard about a lanky OG-ish pheno, but that’s exactly how the one female I ended up with turned out. To the point that I wondered if maybe I got sent “fake” seeds. I actually chopped that one about a week early, just because she was so, uh, lanky haha. Branches kept snapping off, I finally just gave up.

That was the one that cured out to an insanely RKS smell, too, pretty sure you’ve seen me mention that before. Which also made me think maybe they weren’t legit seeds haha.

Good to know, anyway.

11 Likes

To me (and I’m no SSDD expert by any means) the most appealing SSDD that I saw was not lanky. It was less attractive, smaller leafy buds with smaller slender calyxes. The smell was an incredible and unique rubbery smell that made me think of a shoe factory with a very powerful dark coffee-like notes in the background. I’ve smelled quite a few rubbery smells throughout the years and this one was very unique and the most appealing hands down. Hard to describe fully and I’m not sure which parents contributed to that smell. I assume the coffee notes came from Bubbashine based on Bodhi’s description but that’s just a guess. Thankfully there are a few F2s to explore…

very old low quality pictures of the rubber smelling pheno

There was a nice photogenic pheno that I remember had a more sour chemmy type of smell but didn’t stand out at the moment as anything that special when compared to a very uplifting Goji OG at the time. This was stretchier than the rubber smelling pheno, but not quite as lanky as the “bubbashine pheno”.

The Bubbashine pheno that I found has lanky branching yet the flowers have tighter internodal spacing. Stems , leaves and calyxes are completely covered in trichomes and smells strongly of “hashy”-kushy blueberry muffins. Buds are on the small side and very tight, with large calyxes. To me the smell is not as unique as the rubbery pheno. I’ve smelled very similar plants with that blueberry smell in DJ’s lines and other crosses. Great calming effects for sure, but in my opinion the rubbery pheno is more desirable.

I definitely suspect that the “magic” of SSDD is in the hybrid phenos where each parent is contributing something, otherwise why not just go with straight Bubbashine instead? I guess it all depends on preferences and what you’re seeking as well. Definitely excited to see what comes from all those BX tests!

24 Likes

Thanks bud! I’ve got a good feeling about the SS4 also!

Thanks man! I will let them run until everything in the room is done, as I don’t have a dedicated drying space. Saw that picture the other day. They do look similar in structure.

Thanks bud!

17 Likes

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

3 weeks! Gonna be cutting it close, but I think it’s doable.

Have you thought of getting a dehumidifier? I couldn’t live without one here in the SE.

That’s beautiful! And that’s the first time you’ve seen that expression?

11 Likes

Geez that is a beautiful tent.

7 Likes

Sorry to hear about your mold. Seems like a lot of us are worrying about that this year - it’s been a wet one here in Boulder. The Cloudray S6 seems overpriced, but I guess time will tell. I’m not using any of its extra features - can’t see how useful those are on a small fan anyway.

This is the 3rd run for this GM1, and the first time she’s gone pink. @CrunchBerries I think it’s the SIPs. :blush: She’s finicky but the smoke is interesting enough to see if she wants to stick around. This round she’s happier than in the past, but still not dialed in. Probably not worth the trouble…but she sure is pretty:

I don’t know anything other than what bodhi said in his strain description. Here it is:

Bodhi Seeds -Sunshine Daydream
Sunshine daydream is a hybrid of one of my alltime favorites, bubbashine which is a cross of bubba kush and bluemoonshine (rare stretch indica pheno), bubbashine smells of hot buttered blueberry muffins and kush, grows like a big og covered in crystals, and has an amazing potent warm snuggly euphoric pain relieving effect,especially good for nerve pain. the father of this hybrid is the heavy weight funk champion appalachia (green crack x tres dawg)…

These two together have created an amazing hybrid, that is truly unique, increasing the nerve pain reducing effect and bringing in the chem family funk, this hybrid is beautiful to look at, and even more beautiful in its effects. Its one of those rare varieties that sticks to the bag even after its dry, with a rich chemmy fruity berry kush terpene signature and stand out notes of sour butter. I have a pheno i call the butter cut because it smells of dank berries and butter. Im really happy to get this one out there, it is beautiful natural healing medicine for the community…

I’ve only had SSDD once, and only a few grams grown synthetically, and it was not the warm blanket nerve pain relief buttery blueberry muffins pheno that bodhi speaks about. It was pretty average. I’d love to get something that smelled like @syzygy 's coffee pheno…

Thanks for all the pics and smell descriptions. If you don’t mind, what effects did your phenos provide, and how many females did you get to sample? I select for effects more than smells and flavors, so I’m curious to hear your experience. This is why it’s so cool to pop a pack or two and look through a bunch - different strokes for different folks! :smiley:

You have a lot of work ahead of you! :slight_smile: I have thought about a dehuey, but how would I dump it while we’re gone? It would be good for a single use and then do nothing the rest of the time, and since we rent I couldn’t rig a hose to drain anywhere. Also, our electrical is terrible and we pop breakers all the time from just running the vacuum or a blender, so I don’t think it would work since it’s basically an AC condenser. Good thought tho!

Thanks @Magrowers just hoping to salvage it after leaving for 15 or 16 days…

:sunrise_over_mountains: :rainbow:
:seedling:

20 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: What is the problem with these

Absolutely, when I don’t differentiate effects it’s usually because to me the differences are too subtle for me to comfortably try to isolate their differences, especially when spaced out over time. After that the main differences that I notice are the more superficial traits like morphology and terpenes. There were either 5 or 6 females total throughout the years (didn’t pop the entire pack at once with SSDD, and the pack was from 2015 GLG stock). Calm, sedating, mellow , relaxing, and tranquility all words that come to mind for describing the SSDD. The leafier pheno probably slightly more intoxicating, and the Bubbashine leaning pheno a bit more on the dreamy side if I were pressed to contrast them. I’m going off of memory from 2016-2017 or so and there are so many variables that go into play. As far as medicinal pain killing effects that certain SSDD phenos are known for I’ve yet to get any pain relief from cannabis so I can’t speak to that.

15 Likes

Running seeds is what has kept me out of SIPs this year. However, I’m thinking about a community rez for 8gal square pots. I can fit 33 in my setup now. I’m thinking about a pond liner bed that will be about 2-3’’ deep and then covering the square pots much like a SIP. I’m not saying that it will work, but I have a good feeling about it. I’m trying to run like 3-5 seed packs at a time and I want to have this set-up when I plant my SSDD packs. I recently ran 3x packs of SunRa and 3x Granola Funk along with some Crockett’s FF stuff. I’m about to do a 2nd run with Granola Funk and see if I can narrow it down again. I ran SunRa 2x and I’m pretty happy that I did because I’m more confident in my selections. I’m hurting to run SoulMate(probably Old Soul too) and I had a Magenta HP that I ran last year, but I lost it around the time the delta variant of Covid was going around. I couldn’t smell anything at the time, but Magenta really had a pink-red hue that yielded well and was frosty AF. I said that it didn’t have any smell, but I also noticed that my cologne didnt smell and I stopped wearing it too at the time. Soul Mate is a freebie right now and it’s tempting to buy MHP and get SM as a free pack…

7 Likes

I still have around 6 1/2 packs of SSDD. I planted 1 pack like 3-4yrs ago and I had 8 males from one pack. 11of12 germinated, so I was left 1 runt female and the other 2 really wasn’t impressive(such a small selection tho). I’m hoping that one of these packs that I’m holding onto has 8fem in a pack lol… I’ve been so busy lately though that I knew that I wouldn’t have time to do a major seed run that I also wanted to keep males from… Anyways, we are almost done with construction/planting of my greenhouse and I finally have time to think about and do other things lol. I’ve been having to put all of my energy into the greenhouse. Just a husband/wife team and we are doing the whole 9 yards. We are not spending a lot of money, but I’ve had 2,500gal of worm castings in the making since last March and we still didn’t have enough. I starting thinking about doing a SOMA SIP for a bed, but I remembered that Hügelkultur is very similar to SIP because the broken down wood acts like a sponge.

9 Likes

This is interesting because a lot of people wouldn’t give it the time of day unless it had bag appeal. If you had a business selling bud, would you still have the same philosophy? Not trying to be rude, just genuinely curious… Part of the reason that I’m doing KNF in SIPs is because I can ferment fruit and veggie type of stuff. The same pigment that turns bud purple(anthocyanin) is also in blueberries and purple cabbage. I was curious to how much of that can be carried over to the plant? I mean, would a blueberry FFJ(Fermented Fruit Juice) give you a more berry flavor while also enhancing the terpenes? I get free, expired, produce by the trailer full lol. We finally made some OHN(Oriental Herb Nutrient) and it’s basically an alcohol extract of angelica, garlic, cinnamon, ginger, and licorice root. I thought about it for a while and this would have to help with terpenes, right? I haven’t use any yet, but I have gallons of it on hand now. It’s not in the book, but I also thought about alcohol extractions with pine and cedar. Maybe go down the list of terpenes and pick some from different categories like lavender, nightshade, and rosemary too. It seems like it would help with pest prevention too, because terpenes are designed to keep pests away, right? So, a plant with high immune system should be able to produce better terpenes. I wonder if adding these extracts would put some of these strains over the top. I’m looking at Bodhi’s PineSoul crosses…

8 Likes