Current Events (NonCannabis)

There are a lot of perfectly capable and uncontroversial couples who can’t have children of there own due to medical conditions. There’s also many heritable genetic disorders that make people question whether it’s worth the risk of having their own children.

But this though –

Within the altruistic model, surrogates only get expenses reimbursed while agencies, doctors, lawyers and fertility clinics are paid a fee - making it an expensive endeavour for intended parents that may cost more than C$75,000 ($56,767; £44,600).

“As compensation is banned, even sending flowers to a surrogate could expose intended parents to criminal liability,” she says.
A breach could lead to fines of up to C$500,000 ($378,450; £297,300) or a 10-year jail sentence.

What a perverse law to attach the word ‘altruistic’ to.

5 Likes

https://www.newburyportnews.com/news/ex-mass-speaker-lashes-out-at-bureau-of-prisons/article_a7188524-1eae-56e5-8520-307cde01d181.html

1 Like

How Phoenix Explains a Rise in Police Violence: It’s the Civilians’ Fault

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/10/us/phoenix-police-shootings.html

3 Likes

amazing, the '77 Voyager still functioning perfectly…why can’t we make cars like this??

4 Likes

:laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

LOL made me spit my coffee out.
Had three of those, got NASA beat in that regard…

3 Likes

If only it was rosin.

5 Likes

too bad that chocolate’s all full of sand and grit! what a waste

meanwhile, American police have time to arrest 800,000 people for dried cannabis flowers every year, but…

MIAMI — In the weeks after a deadly school shooting in Parkland, Fla., widespread criticism was focused on Scot Peterson, the armed sheriff’s deputy who heard the exploding gunfire but failed to run in and try to stop the massacre.

But a state commission that has been investigating the Feb. 14 attack at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School for the past 10 months found that the shortfall in the police response went much further: Seven other sheriff’s deputies who raced to the school and heard gunshots also stayed outside the building, the commission found, and officers lost even more time scrambling to retrieve bulletproof vests from their cars.

3 Likes

police state update!

Nycha - the public housing authority that uses corrupt doctors to fake lead blood test results of poisoned children…

The agency also expects to replace 297 of its lowest-performing boilers by 2026 and replace 405 elevators at 30 developments, where 58,000 residents live. Nycha will also take measures to cut the rat population at its developments by half by the end of 2020.

4 Likes

look what the despicable warlords snuck into the “farm bill”

3 Likes

from the article:

Hmm. Some troubled soul a) had a shitty life, and likely a mental illness; b) could get no help for one reason or another, all too common; c) was able to acquire a firearm; and d) made it happen in a town where the five-oh are placing their retirement above their sworn duty.

Do we need to get deeper than that? I see 4 very clear action items: a) better attention to mental health issues; b) unprejudiced support, and funding for the former; c) reasonable control of firearms; d) training for the police on things that matter… What’s deeper?

3 Likes

These fucking people are going too far with the tranny shit.

9 Likes

Almost like it’s coordinated:

Amir Rezamand told Campus Reform Friday that he found the idea of stocking men’s restrooms with tampons and sanitary napkins “pretty ridiculous,” so much so that he feels it is “indicative that we live in a clown world.”

4 Likes

This is intriguing.

Meet the MIT scientist who’s growing semi-sentient cyborg houseplants

3 Likes

fascinating! cops aren’t legally compelled to do anything to protect you! that explains a lot…I believe they still take an oath to protect & serve though, right? I guess taking a sworn oath doesn’t count for much in today’s America does it…

“Neither the Constitution, nor state law, impose a general duty upon police officers or other governmental officials to protect individual persons from harm — even when they know the harm will occur,” said Darren L. Hutchinson, a professor and associate dean at the University of Florida School of Law. “Police can watch someone attack you, refuse to intervene and not violate the Constitution.”

4 Likes

The pendulum has just started to swing back the other direction, man. People are waking up to this post-modernist bullshit.

4 Likes

I like the expression: “if your mind is too open, the brains tend to fall out”…

3 Likes

I try to refrain from posting too many articles but this one from FTP is unbelievable - I had no idea what goes on in Oklahoma. The age to drop out of school is Mass. is still 16. In Oklahoma it’s 18 and they throw your kids in jail if they miss too many days, then extort money from you to get them back! public school = prison

2 Likes

Wow, FL seems to have cornered the market on wack-a-doodles!

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article223200190.html

2 Likes

fascist USA…

She Wouldn’t Promise Not to Boycott Israel, So a Texas School District Stopped Paying Her

1 Like