Current Events (NonCannabis)

Actually, safe injection sites are lowering deaths from overdose. In a supervised site medical care can be given when one may have ODed if by themselves.

2 Likes

I wish my state allowed us to carry Naloxone without a script
 my area has a problem with opioid use.

1 Like

I like tomatoes and I like peppers.
I am not so sure I like this?
Hmmm.

4 Likes

Maybe as a root-stock to graft a variety of other tomato and pepper plants to – Sell em as ‘all in one’ salsa plants. But spicy tomatoes??? :rolling_eyes: idk

2 Likes

I’d give them a try or force on friends.

Lunatics cannibalizing their own ranks :laughing:

3 Likes

“The Coop les RĂ©coltes is a bar but also a solidarity co-operative created by the UniversitĂ© du QuĂ©bec Ă  MontrĂ©al’s Groupe de recherches d’intĂ©rĂȘt public”

:neutral_face: :point_up:

:joy: :school:

:evergreen_tree: smh

1 Like

From my homeland comes this :gem:. :unamused: 2 officers, 1 fire-extinguisher or gardenhose, 1 taser, problem solved in a jiffy. But, no. We generate an expensive & ridiculous spectacle. America, you’re doomed.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/article224481930.html

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Supermoon and full lunar eclipse, Sunday night.
:first_quarter_moon:

1 Like

I saw the eclipse - awesome! anyone else?

this is so awful I had to post it somewhere - so I"m posting it here
what is wrong with homo sapiens???

3 Likes

Top priority for Canadian government: Educating doctors on how to abuse/mutilate children. :maple_leaf::-1:

4 Likes
4 Likes

Evil USA

“Doctor, could you please redo my insulin prescription? The one you gave me is wrong.” My patient’s frustration was obvious over the phone. She was standing at the pharmacy, unable to get her diabetes medication.

We had gone through this just the week before. I’d prescribed her the insulin she’d been on, at the correct dosage, but when she showed up at her pharmacy she learned that her insurance company no longer covered that brand. After a series of phone messages back and forth, I’d redone the prescription with what I’d thought was the correct insulin, but I was apparently wrong. Again.

Between 2002 and 2013, prices tripled for some insulins. Many cost around $300 a vial, without any viable generic alternative. Most patients use two or three vials a month, but others need the equivalent of four. Self-rationing has become common as patients struggle to keep up. In the short term, fluctuating blood sugar levels can lead to confusion, dehydration, coma, even death. In the long term, poorly controlled diabetes is associated with heart attacks, strokes, blindness, amputation and the need for dialysis.

The exorbitant prices confound patients and doctors alike since insulin is nearly a century old now. The pricing is all the more infuriating when one considers that the discoverers of insulin sold the patent for $1 each to ensure that the medication would be affordable. Today the three main manufacturers of insulin are facing a lawsuit accusing them of deceptive pricing schemes, but it could be years before this yields any changes.

4 Likes

Can you grow an insulin bush? :thinking: :money_with_wings: :deciduous_tree:

:wink:

:v:

Fuck NYPD. I hope Google stands their ground and makes em take it to court.

3 Likes

anybody remember the CB radio era? Most of the chatter on there was the location of “smokies”, the truckers used to pass the info up & down the interstate

I read that cops in some places are actually using Waze by setting up a visible cop car and then having a hidden trap a few miles later to catch people as they speed back up. Every few cars they move it down the road a little farther

3 Likes

great article

Robert F. Kennedy Jr Explains How Big Pharma Completely Owns Congress

It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of The New England Journal of Medicine.” Dr. Marcia Angell, a physician and longtime Editor-in-Chief of the New England Medical Journal (NEMJ) (source)

3 Likes

cry me a river
 seems rather pathetic to me.