Current Events (NonCannabis)

government is upset that China might build Skynet faster than the US…

A.I. experts are concerned that China could surpass the United States in the development of technologies that will power surveillance systems and autonomous weapons as well as driverless cars and a wide range of internet services.

4 Likes
2 Likes

China is already deploying a ‘skynet’ type system with autonomous slaughterbots.

2 Likes

we were just takling about this - it is absolutely verboten to tell white women to have more kids! this is one of the few times you’ll ever see the issue brought up in the media…isn’t it interesting - the extreme right-winger wants to provide kindergarten and day care - we just don’t talk about these things in the US, we blame the immigrants instead

RBG “attends a concert”…but her glasses and gavel are on this little box and no one saw here there LOL They should have done a “Weekend at Bernie’s” type deal instead :laughing:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dywy9FBXgAIMWtE.jpg

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/mystery-no-pictures-from-first-ginsburg-public-appearance-since-surgery/

2 Likes

2 more years…she’s never gonna make it! should have retired during Obama. of course the government only allows the Republicans to appoint SJC judges now, probably doesn’t matter

1 Like

…and she definitely ain’t lasting 6.
I"m guessing she’s in that box adorned with her glasses and gavel. She’s not been seen since her “surgery”.
That won’t stop her though!

2 Likes

some old people are tough - the woman across the street from me broke her hip at age 90 or 91 and was back on her feet within a few weeks, it was unbelievable, she’s already had a bunch of cancer & stuff too, like 20 years ago

4 Likes

you think Trump’s going to last 6 years? he won’t last 2 years either…I predict he won’t run again, he never signed up for that

Gonna have to dodge a few more drummed-up impeachment attempts, no doubt. Probably a couple assassinations too. But if I look at it as a gambler, I see a 52% approval rating right now even according to the NYT. Just had a medical exam, “excellent health”, and he says in every speech he’s gonna run again in 2020. Last time I checked betting odds he was only paying (1.25) to win the 2020 Republican nomination. So Vegas likes his odds to win.

…Actually he’s the HEAVY betting favorite to win the Presidency in 2020 right now also. No one else is even close. :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

https://cdn2.canadasportsbetting.ca/gallery/2020-us-presidential-election-odds-at-sportsinteraction-1765.jpg.

2 Likes

I’m talking about health and willingness to do it - he looks bad to me, like he’s barely hanging on, get ready for Herr Pence

1 Like

…Yes, so was I.

I don’t have much belief in US “electons”…when they’re done with Trump they’ll give us the next one…most likely Oprah (if we’re placing bets on it that’s my call :smile:)

2 Likes

Wish I had thought of this.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-mans-980g-refund-check-from-irs-was-first-clue-something-was-wrong-report.amp

18k income 1mil withholding? Sounds legit, cut the check!

2 Likes

New Study Finds 41% Increase In Cancer Risk (increased risk of acute myeloid leukemia) From Roundup’s Glyphosate:

4 Likes

Yeah about a year or so again my wife eliminated all grains that are not organic from our diets. Cheerios is contaminated with glyphosate. I fed my children cheerios for years. Now they eat some organic version. Crazy how the almighty buck trumps canada/usa general population. Ahhh so what a few million ppl die a little early from preventable diseases, as long as the share price stays up.

Edit for auto corrects

2 Likes

Ok, so the border wall. I would like to hear from the trump supporters here. Does any one really REALLY seriously think the border wall will do something? ( other than be bragging rights for the donald to say he did something)

1 Like

That’s a tremendous question.

It does not keep out drugs. (Whether or not you prefer to keep out drugs)
It does not keep out people. (Whether or not you prefer to keep out people. Of Note tho, Most economists worth their salt consider immigrants to have a net positive effect on GDP)

What other argument is there to build it?

1 Like

multi-million dollar kickbacks for the Trump family from the contractors that build it. The private prison industry has already funneled millions of dollars to Trump, you can see the results in his immigration policy

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-inauguration-corporations_us_58f7abdde4b029063d36577f

GEO Group, the nation’s second-largest private prison company, donated $250,000 to Trump’s inaugural committee. It had previously donated $225,000 to super PACs supporting his presidential campaign. Corrections Corporation of America in Tennessee, another private prison company, also gave $250,000 to the inaugural committee. Private prison companies have benefited significantly from Trump’s policies, perhaps more than any other private-sector industry. Under the leadership of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the Department of Justice ended the Obama administration’s policy of phasing out the use of private prisons for federal incarceration.

3 Likes

Ahh, the “Mafia Method” eh?
The more it costs to build, the more 0’s in the profit margins… Makes sense.

But for the people that voted for Trump. In the absence of any financial stake in building the wall. What’s the very best argument in favor of a barrier?

2 Likes