Current Events (NonCannabis)

Tragic. And a lot more sad words. I don’t understand adding Fetanyl to blow. I’m so grateful to be too old for that kind of shit anymore. …:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

This is fantastic for people like me, rural area with a monopoly of an ISP…

This is also fantastic for everyone else, because competition usually drives the price of services lower.

4 Likes

Same situation here. 1 provider who charges twice as much as ATT. We have no choices. Sucks. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

yikes… i doubt they’ll only be ‘communication’ satellites, its probably backed by the intelligence agencies, one company should never have that much power and control. norway: 2 satellites, canada (much bigger): 117 satellites… USA: 4500 satellites covering the whole world! thats creepy

I understand the fear and paranoia but it’s not like this project will change anything, the government/intelligence agencies can ALREADY spy on us.

Right, because it’s already split between 5+ major players… why not add another into the mix lol. Telcom companies already have big lobbying power, musk is a business man above all else, this is a need for rural areas across the globe, he’ll make bank off this.

2 Likes

but where he’ll really make bank is the intelligence agencies (forcibly) buying the data. of course they can spy on us now but it’ll be a lot easier if the datas conveniently aggregated in a single place that will likely hand it over without warrants. not to mention they’ll probably all have high definition cameras and who knows what other capabilities. i’d be surprised if china, russia, india etc allow that shit over their airspace. who knows the guy constantly makes unrealistic goals with overly optimistic deadlines.

maybe 5 major players in US… the answer to that isn’t global consolidation of data

1 Like

I won’t argue with your points, because they are valid concerns. I’m glad it’s not me that has to figure all the politics out with the system he wants to put into place.

The USA has the worst speed average in the world when it comes to broadband. Either way, this will be a big help as far as actual ISP goes.

1 Like

so many people enjoy smoking a cigarette with their coffee, now they’ll both carry a cancer warning (in california at least)

A Los Angeles judge has determined that coffee companies must carry an ominous cancer warning label because of a chemical produced in the roasting process.

The Council for Education and Research on Toxics, a nonprofit group, sued Starbucks and 90 other companies under a state law that requires warnings on a wide range of chemicals that can cause cancer. One is acrylamide, a carcinogen present in coffee.

The coffee industry had claimed the chemical was present at harmless levels and should be exempt from the law because it results naturally from the cooking process that makes beans flavorful. It also argued coffee was good for the body.

The lawsuit has been brewing for eight years and is still not over. A third phase of trial will determine civil penalties of up to $2,500 per person exposed each day over eight years, an astronomical figure in a state of 40 million that appears unlikely to be imposed.

Among the latest to settle was 7-Eleven, which agreed to pay $900,000. BP West Coast Products, which operates gas station convenience stores, agreed to pay $675,000.
https://archive.fo/snZ6k

2 Likes

California, the world’s leading nanny state.
Half of the stuff I buy comes labelled “Not for use in California”.

6 Likes

beginning monday China will impose tariffs on 128 different US products (incl. pork and fruit) in response to trumps threats to place tariffs on steel and aluminum

1 Like

This is not a current event by any stretch.

But I found it to be so interesting that I was compelled to share.:sunglasses:

7 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

in case anyone missed it, here is the hilarious and profoundly disturbing Deadspin video on the Sinclar propaganda newscast:

3 Likes

LSD made me who I am today! Jah! Listen to the 13th Floor Elevators for 60’s Austin Texas Acid Rock https://youtu.be/nwSA0Tckwbk
:cowboy_hat_face::drooling_face:

2 Likes

I made a pledge never to watch WOAI in San Antonio nor support their sponsors because of this revelation. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

How dare they try this nonsense! Fake news? Fake President! Oh shit! I went there! Noooooooo! No religion, no politics! Weed and only weed all day! Take your shot and be done. I’m sorry!:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2018/04/06/599888104/so-two-goats-were-stuck-on-a-beam-under-a-bridge

6 Likes

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-met-synthetic-marijuana-problems-history-20180406-story.html

I figure this belongs here too, lol.

After all, its not cannabis.

5 Likes
4 Likes