Curse of the hulk

Have ya gotten your magnifying loop yet and looked around?

1 Like

Sorry school started again. My dog’s sick and some other shit going on… yeah it came on Sunday… I looked at blueberry and decided she was ready. It had been 10 weeks for her and she was an autoflower. I didn’t get a whole lot, but I’m not complaining because she survived my first transplant lol… @Tinytuttle

4 Likes

I’ve seen conflicting information on autos and transplants being a bad thing. I’m wondering if any of the bad ones are from people breaking up the rootball.:joy:
Don’t do that. The roots will do it on their own​:joy::joy::joy: they’re not glued together or stuck unless you let it get so severe you’re most likely in flower anyways. Don’t transplant in flower. I’m sure there’s a way, but until you can transplant stress free I’d never risk it.

1 Like

A safer bet is just to plant autos in the pots they are gonna finish in… I’ve had a couple 2 gallon pot autos have very little root mass and I’ve had solo cups have too much for the area…

But it’s really all in the genes and how you feed them… massive plants can sometimes come in small containers :wink::wink::sunglasses:

6 Likes

I’ve noticed my small pot photos are growing much quicker into each stage once they reached the leaf split stage. The little ones are almost at the same stage as the ones in 3 gallon pots and Diana was way farther behind in a 1 gallon container, but she has bad soil. Specifically badly aerated. Lots of peat too. One already has roots poking out of the bottom. Easy oxygen access since it’s not directly exposed. With the pots I’m using they cost pennies on the dollar and if I’m thinking auto transplant I’ll test it next time by removing the bottom gently and transplanting in the soil I plan on up potting to. Rinse and repeat. Otherwise I’m planning on nursery bags made of cellulose that biodegrade and won’t stop the roots from breaking through. I’ll find out just how easy they are to use since I could just go up to the 1 gallon pot bag and when that gets maxed out I’d put it in the final container. This is all assuming it grew that fast warranting that large a size, but this would let me give the auto all it wanted and no more making it thrive.

My next photo run I’m doing that though. All the way up until it’s time to give them the pot I’ll flower in.

@toastyjakes wyt?

1 Like

I only transplanted because I made the mistake of buying cheap soil. I noticed she was barely growing after week… I bought some fox farm ocean forest or whatever its called and planted into that. I know it was stupid to try cheap soil, but I rushed things when my girl gave me the green light on growing lol. Im a very impulsive person. Therefore, I made the mistake of tying it. Speaking of soil, this came in Sunday. I have to get more I didn’t realize they were as small as they were. This is what I’m using next grow…

Im thinking of about getting another tent that’s bigger and just going bananas with the seeds I posted that were sent to me. I just have to pay the light bill first and then find a way to get 150 or so. Anyways, have a good day people. Smoke and grow on.

Edit to add I fed them today with 2tsp big bloom, 1 tsp grow big, and 2 tsp tiger bloom. I also added a tablespoon of Epsom salt.

6 Likes

And there’s the photo update…

6 Likes

I started my last autos in starter pots. Had zero transplant issues, but I only did it once per plant. Maybe if you have to tear or rip the roots from letting it far overgrow it would be a problem. My last autos were 3 feet high when harvested.

4 Likes

Yeah I did have to sort of tear the roots. I wasnt sure how well itd turn out. Looking like I might have a half O or more dried. I guess its not too bad for the terrible stress I put on her. Im just a little mad at myself for making that mistake, but life is a learning lesson. I definitely learned from that mistake.

4 Likes

There’s the updated pics. Moby is starting to fatten up. The aroma is very nice. Bruce banner is coming along just fine. I did notice what looked to be a little bit of PM on bruce banner. So I watered with a hydrogen peroxide solution and did a very light foliar spray of it as well. I’m not going to let mold ruin my babies.

5 Likes

If you’re talking about any of those girls there I can say you’re looking at more than 28g (rounded as I just woke up from a nap😅) per plant. Stress or not. From what I’ve been seeing autos may have a small buffer for stress if you wait it out. If not let’s be the crew that found a way to make it work, so that even beginner’s can grow a plant without killing it🤔

1 Like

The stressed plant I was referring to was the blueberry that I already pulled. It was a bummer to pull it, but from what I’ve read, it was time to pull. It just sucks I didn’t plant in the good soil first. But what it was a $4 seed that ended up worth more than that by far. Therefore, I must look at the positive.
Here’s moby once again so you can tell the size

5 Likes

Ok so I weighed the blueberry and I got a tiny bit more than I thought but not by a lot. I got about 21 grams. I figure as it cures and drys a little more itll go down to 19/20? Anyways here are some of today’s pics.

8 Likes

It depends on your preference on final humidity, but if you go up to 62% you’ll find it’s fairly close to harvest if not dry and brittle at harvest. In my last harvest if I had used boveda packs to force them up to 62% I’d have wound up with a higher weight than I had at harvest after drying.

3 Likes

Well ladies and gents, there are today’s pics.

9 Likes

I’ve found after drying for a full week until stem snaps I loose around 3/4 of the wet weight then a little bit more once cured. I guess the weight wrong every time! 3 oz guess often ends up less than 2

5 Likes

Here’s a pic from today… smoke and grow on!

6 Likes

Ok so I found what appeared to be a small amount of PM on a couple of the plants today. It wasn’t a lot but any bit is going to scare me… I fed them yesterday, but moby isn’t looking so good today. She’s looked like this for 2 or 3 days now… she looked like she is starving for something. I don’t know honestly. I was pretty sure she had a zinc deficiency because she looked like it when I compared my chart. That’s why I’m posting this. Is there anything I should be doing besides keeping an eye on her? It appears I applied I little too much LITFA… I was originally using only distilled water, but I’ve started using tap water when I realized the zinc deficiency. Oh I applied a light mist of H2O2 because she was one of the ones with PM.

4 Likes

What temperature and Light do you have? Humidity? It looks like sirious Light burn

2 Likes

My guess would be peroxide burn has to with the way she’s looking I’m thinking you probably oxidized your leaves.

4 Likes