DaFozz's First Autos... Ever

So Day 36 now and I haven’t managed to kill them off… yet. Their watering frequency has increased considerably, which is understandable given the small containers and increasing plant size. Man, do they ever grow quickly…

Aubergine Toots Magoots… Still clawin’ it’s way along…:+1:

Dark Spark

Easy D

Group 1

The Fuzz 1

Da Green

Group 2

Side By Side

And a cameo by The Fuzz 2…

Well, thanks for looking in… been a real treat for me watching these grow…

Peace
DaFozz

12 Likes

Me too! Thanks for sharing! I love when they hit the point of serious visible growth. Besides watching it first emerge from the soil, it’s my favorite time of growing.

4 Likes

Looking good the easy d looks like she could produce ! What’s the tallest plant height ?

1 Like

Tallest plant height is 24" from top of container, so basically 30" tall right now…

Not really overly concerned with yield to be honest. If they produce, they produce… if they don’t, they don’t…:four_leaf_clover:

It’s good experience, so anything that comes from it is a bonus… Even keeping The Fuzz 2 around is teaching me something…

Peace
DaFozz

6 Likes

I think the autos will impress ! I’ve aquired a taste for the lowriders I grew now that they’ve spent some time curing the northern lights tastes and smells are coming through.

5 Likes

Day 42 and I made a couple of changes that I felt would best suit my grow space. I ended up having to flop ATM, as it just wanted to continue to stretch, as well as The Fuzz 1, as it was getting a little too close to the lights, and actually had a couple of “crispy” spots on some leaves from being too close.

Aubergine Toots Magoots

The Fuzz 1

Group Shot

Da Green

Dark Spark

Easy D

Group Shot

Well, thanks for stopping in… Take it easy y’all…:v:

Peace
DaFozz

13 Likes

You will see that flopping coupled to bringing the light or plants within that happy range will make things better for density, it was a good move even if it was because they stretched out, just have to work with the plant.

What’s happening or happened feed wise ? Just for note for next time you can run your feed up to about a week or so out if they aren’t causing build up in the media, they will tell you with higher ppm runoff and it happens quick near the end, but till then they are happy getting fed like consider up into the mid 50’s or more days wise.

8 Likes

As I sat in front of both cabinets, comparing the plants characteristics, etc. and trying to picture what would work best for my given space, then flopping at some point would have been necessary. Even though I was a bit reluctant to try, I just took my time and was patient “feeling the bend” as I was squeezing the stalk. Within an hour, everything was back to reaching for the light on both, and they are still carrying on so one less worry…

I ended up giving them straight water for a few days, then started out at half recommended dosage, and have since upped it to 1 tsp MC/Gallon water, and dropped the Epsom. I will probably just continue this for the duration, as there really isn’t too much time left on them daywise, and see how it plays out. They are thirsty buggers though… I can see where automation has it’s advantages…

I’m already looking forward to my second go at these… They continue to surprise me every day… I am kind of looking forward to seeing the roots at the end…

Thanks Mr. S :+1:

Peace
DaFozz

10 Likes

Day 50 and still hangin’ in there… been feelin’ kind of “out of sorts” lately but I am pretty sure I know the reason, just have to stay patient for a couple more weeks…

It’s been pretty cool so far, as I am learning, both good and bad, from experiencing and interacting with these plants.It is also opening my eyes to exploring different approaches to growing to try and be successful, so hopefully I am retaining some of the information I have come across. Always a learning experience, but well worth the effort…

Anyways, a few pics from today…

Aubergine Toots Magoots

The Fuzz 1

The Fuzz 2

Group Shot…

Da Green

Dark Spark

Easy D

Group Shot

Well, thanx for stopping by… Dropped a few more of @Mr.Sparkle seeds into water tonight and made a few changes to setup (trying to evolve) but that can wait for a new thread, just want to get thru this first…

Peace
DaFozz

16 Likes

Check those out! A lot with purple stems. Very cool! They look great! That ATM stretched like crazy!

1 Like

Things are looking fantastic!! Great job!

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words @Meesh & @Mongobongo… Appreciate them…

It’s been a hoot watching them grow…

Yeah, “Toots” just kept wanting to stretch, and most likely would have outgrown my cabinet if I had left it. Glad I folded it when I did because it fits rather nicely that way on the other side…and it’s beginning to fill out a bit…

Peace
DaFozz

6 Likes

Day 56 and counting… straight water from here on out I guess…:checkered_flag:

A few pics…
Da Green

Dark Spark

Easy D

Group Shot

Aubergine Toots Magoots

And The Fuzz’s…

Group Shot…

I still find myself sitting and staring at them, almost like sitting out in front of the fire pit on some nice summer eve…

Thanks for poppin’ in…

Peace
DaFozz

14 Likes

Those are looking really good DaFozz! Cant wait to get something going myself

2 Likes

I agree looking great, and yeah all the ones you have there throwing out half orange pistils are starting to finish up, the ones that are still white will take some more time.

Also i personally don’t notice a difference if the feed just tapers off near the end, the plants typically dont take much at that stage anyways which they can tell you by the runoff ppm

5 Likes

Also what tweaks and improvements are you thinking about doing before starting your next round, as harvest is the perfect time to do them.

:poke: :poke: :wink: lol i know you have some ideas

3 Likes

I’ll have to start a new thread as the next round is already on it’s way… actually, I just checked my notes and June 12 will be Day 7 from dropping them in water… Didn’t want to bore people with a bunch of pictures of seeds in water, etc… But the new line up is doing ok so far, and I’ll get pics and details up soon…

Peace
DaFozz

6 Likes

These are looking great DaFozz, I hope my Da Green’s finish up like theses

4 Likes

Day 61… It’s true what they say, “Time flies when you’re having fun”…:smiley:

Thought I’d post a few more photos, with a few close-ups (4X Zoom on cellphone) tossed in…

Aubergine Toots Magoots…

The Fuzz 1…

The Fuzz 2

Group 1

Da Green…

Dark Spark…

Easy D…

Group 2

Hope you enjoy the pics… Thanx for stoppin’ by…:peace:

Peace
DaFozz

13 Likes