Deadheads - Anybody doing Dead & Company tour next month(s)?

I know man. Such an awesome lot scene there. That venue is also small enough that there isn’t a bad seat in the house and you can be on the floor also and not feel a mile away. I saw them in Charlotte in either 2009 or 2010 (I think) and while the venue wasn’t the best, the shakedown there was something to behold. Just HUGE.

Heard anything about them touring in the near future? I heard some stuff about Trey hitting the road, but not much about the full crew.

they are touring at the moment, few shows in atlantic city just recently i wish i had gotten to,

1 Like

TAB will be playing the Anthem Oct 1st (DC)

1 Like

TAB just doesn’t do it for me, but I’ve been so starved for a show I may have to hit this one. Only seen one show at The Anthem, but it’s a nice venue.

Got to see the Dead about 125 times back in the day, but the current incarnation does not do it for me personally. I did enjoy some of the post-Dead side projects for awhile. I wish I could get into the current version, because I miss the scene. But I’m happy that it still exists, especially for young Heads. I hope the tradition goes on for many generations to come. Hard for me to believe that my last Dead show was now 25+ years ago!

Looking forward to seeing TAB at Radio City next month!

5 Likes

Traveling to Chicago today. I haven’t seen anything other than a dead cover band since Jerry died in 95. Before then, it was a huge part of my life. My ex and I caught over 200 shows together, never mind the ones I saw before we met. Also meeting an old friend from high school haven’t seen in over 40 years! And treating my 24 year old kid who recently moved to Chicago. Gonna be a very interesting weekend :smiley:

3 Likes

Have a great show! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll admit, a bit jealous…

But Enjoy the Show!! At least we’re now able to enjoy live music again!

3 Likes

I made it to the STL show Monday. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would! I saw them in 2015 when they were first starting out. My main complaint was how slow everything is played, but also John Mayer had not yet hit his stride. They are playing really well together now! It’s still slower than I’d like, but when you get a blues tune like It Hurts Me Too, that gives Mayer plenty of room to stretch out his soloing.

18th row center:

I get to see them again next month in Chula Vista!

5 Likes

I’ll catch them in Phoenix just before the CA leg of things. (flying out to take my 90 year old dad to his first show)

Have fun man!

5 Likes

I had the worlds easiest trip to the airport and through security. From my house to waiting at the gate in under an hour. No traffic, no line for security. Just walked right through. Weed, hash, edibles will be on the plane with me :smiley:

It’s gonna be a good trip.

5 Likes

Well my weekend is now free. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Funny how they call Mayer the “frontman” of Dead & Co.

Just realized I never posted about the Chula Vista show (10/27, just before the 3 night Halloween run at Hollywood Bowl) I attended. I enjoyed it as much as the St. Louis gig. Decent setlist and playing - though it’s still a slower pace than I like.

5 Likes

Bummin… you woulda had a great time there man…

2 Likes

I was just going to stream it. :frowning: Not going this time, but I was very much looking forward to some couch tour for two weekends in a row.

I will try to go to this or the DSO thing sometime, but after Covid

@BarefootAndBlazed - those lights look great! :slight_smile:

2 Likes