Death train killing my Himalayan gold

Help! This ONE branch of my Himalayan gold keeps having branches die on it! It started at the bottom so I clipped the dead branch off, then it moved up to the next one. The top of this branch is still in good shape, but how do I keep anymore from dying? I’ve clipped these dead branches in the pic, just snapped a shot beforehand so you could see

8 Likes

That looks like a fungal disease. Probably verticillium wilt.

https://www.leafbuyer.com/blog/verticillium-wilt-marijuana/

6 Likes

Cut a dead branch off and look at the inside. Describe what you see.

I would at LEAST hack those bottom branches off that main branch. If it were mine, that whole branch would die and get burned in a bonfire. the top is still trying to make u a bud. So its ur call. I’d hack those little wilty offshoots immediately tho, and incinerate them. IMO, they aren’t gonna suddenly rebound and produce this late in the game. U risk it spreading, with no advantage to waiting. Tomatoes do this shit all the time. Problems show up on the lower parts because ur plant wants to concentrate on the top. It knows theres a problem.

I vote you hack those lower couple lil shit branches off now. See how it shakes out in a few days…

2 Likes

I agree. The whole branch will die anyway. I’d chop it too. Looks like the stem has a fungus, but hard to tell in photo. @Kaander87 couple questions for you. Do you have cucumber plants nearby? How long has this been going on? You won’t be able to save the branch unfortunately. It’s best just to cut it off. Look for a slimy goo on the inside when you do so. And hope you don’t see it. Has the stem lost its bark at any portion along its length? Looks very similar to what happens with stem rot.

2 Likes

Oh yeah… welcome to overgrow! You’ll get this figured out with all the great help you’re going to get. What kind of climate do you live in?

2 Likes

sup with the cucumbers??? I’m already planning next years garden. Should I avoid PICKLES??

oh yea, welcome bro. This site is awesome.

1 Like

Cucumbers can Harbor cucumber beetles, which harbor bacterial wilt. The pictures look similar.

5 Likes

Did you chop it off?

Its not mine. I just responded, then got curious about the cucumbers…

1 Like