Decarbing bubble hash to make capsules

Hey folks, can I preload capsules with bubble hash and decarb it in the capsule? does anyone know if capsules melt at 150 degrees?

Does anyone know a clever way to do this with no muss no fuss? I hate losing material to mistakes and bad process. Thanks in advance you guys are the GOAT. just point me in a direction thank you

2 Likes

i dont know the answer to your question. other than saying decarb and then put it in the capsules?
just wanted to point out there are vegetarian capsules and not.maybe one might work if the other doesn’t.

3 Likes

Would you need to?
Decarbing, is to push the CO2 from the leaf, if I’m not mistaken.
I’ve always use 250 F, at 30-40 minutes, for buds, or leaf material.
I would not decarb bubble hash myself.
I decarb my buds, then pulverize them, then sift , then add a portion of Sunflower Lecithin, when I make 00 sized capsules for my wife.
I’m no expert or anything.
Just $.02!!

I’m curious why you wouldn’t decarb before? In my experience decarbing hash of any sort makes it drier and easier to work with.

I would assume the capsules will definitely melt a bit, but I’ve never tried it and could be wrong!

Yes you need to decarb. Making bubble hash doesn’t decarb thca because there isn’t any heat involved.

4 Likes

No idea about the caps. Curious myself now.

I’ve read from folks they decarb their hash/rosin in a silicone or glass bowl. I’d imagine that’d make it annoying to put into capsules but you could roll up lil’ balls like traditional chinese medicine remedies!

4 Likes

Throw a few caps in the oven at 300 for 45 min see what they look like when done. If they don’t change shape fill them and decarb.

4 Likes

Decarboxylation is to break apart the carboxyl ring in the THCA molecule so our bodies can process it… nothing to do with carbon dioxide, other than possibly generating some in the process. @Mordecai, I wouldn’t expect heating most caps to work well - their temperature tolerance is less than 100F whether they’re gelatin or HPMC. Dunno if there’s another material they’re made from.

9 Likes

It may be worth trying without decarbing.

Frenchy cannoli used to preach about stomach acids decarbing during digestion or some such.

Personally, I make butter with no de carb material and only use low for about an hour to keep butter liquid it is pretty good then strian. It is Good enough I do not decarb anymore.

I can also add kief from seed harvests or trim keif undecarbed if i need stronger dose. That stuff is similar to bubble hash.

Meaning you can likely load the capsules with undecarbed material and be pretty good.

See what works for you, good luck!

Heady

4 Likes

Just the link I was reading.

1 Like

This is a good idea, imho, I have a hard time metabolizing edibles, and the “cleaner” they are (think distillate, which is ideally pure decarbed thc)) the less effect I get per mg of thc.

I can’t explain it except anecdotally, but raw weed brownies (dumping ground weed not decarbed in the mix, as a degree of decarb will happen during baking) fuck my world straight to bed, whereas distillate gummies do zilch for me.

@Rogue has some combo decarb times/methods he swears by, that can easily be altered with experimentation based on what you’re trying to achieve.

Not everybody’s system processes things the same, you gotta fuck around and find out, and acknowledge that you can only give one honest opinion a day, lol.

5 Likes

Interesting! I’m 100% the opposite. I can feel a 5mg edible from distillate. If I make edibles from flower or hash with such a high potency that you can barely choke them down, I rarely get an effect.

3 Likes

Easiest is to just crumble your dried bud, decarb it dry, then make hash if you want, although I just eat it dry, half a teaspoon is enough for me.
It’s just a little bit so I don’t care what it tastes like, cheese strains taste like grilled cheese, can taste pretty good.
If you like skunk and taste is really an issue you can sprinkle it over cornflakes or put it between a sandwich, etc.

Alternatively you can create a tincture, but then you need alcohol and that can get expensive.

4 Likes

Not sure if you’ve heard of first pass effect, but it definitely takes it toll on me. Like you, like many, I feel almost nothing at all from distillate. Like, nothing. Can be 10mg or 1000mg. I do ethanol extractions after decarbing and work with active oil that way. It is feco at that point… and I also agree with the theory that you need everything else in the bud. It really helps me when I decide to go for edibles, but the onset and high are so variable for me that I lean away from them usually. Either way, I relate to you heavily, my friend.

If you’re not decarbing and thca gives you the necessary benefits, I’ve got friend who juice leaves and drink them that way. They swear by it but I’ve not tried it

2 Likes

For me, I’ve never had that floaty trippy thing people describe. I feel weighty, deep buried underground effects from edibles. It must be awesome though for them :+1:

Makes me think cbn is what my liver can do🤔

3 Likes

For us, as older folks now, we really have strived to find that happy medium with our edibles, not seeking a buzz per se, but getting as many of the plants medicinal properties from it as we can.
My capsules, for the stoners side of me are weak sisters, however, the goodies in them, give me better sleep, longer sleep, without knocking me out, or being wobbly during the night.

1 Like