Strongest edible I’ve ever met

So I have a pretty high tolerance for edibles, it’s my preferred method for medicating a lot of times. But lately I’ve been sick of having to eat so many sweets(savory stuff is doable but cookies and stuff store so well, putting them in the freezer until I want some and pulling out what I need to thaw just before consuming) to get my edible fix. And I’ve been thinking about the entropy involved in oil and edible making. In an effort to cut down on sweets and entropy I decided to try decarbing some flower and putting it into capsules for consumption. Let me just say, Holy Shit!! What a difference. Mind you I’ve worked on my infused oil recipe about a year now to get the most potent oil that I can from the materials used combining the best parts of a few recipes. It’s good stuff, as others could attest to but nothing compared to eating decarbed flower. My first test I ate 3 capsules each containing about 1/3 gram of decarbed flower. I started here cause I make bhang lassi at a potency equal to 1 g of flower per 1 mL and most times end up drinking about 2 mL as my “normal” dose which gets me nicely toasted but nothing crazy. Well… 1 g of decarbed flower was a HEAVY starting dose :joy: the first effects weren’t noticed until about t+ 2 hours whereas with my normal edibles I can notice effects by about the t+ 45 mins-1 r mark. Peak was at about t+2.5-5 hours. I was so lit at the peak that I noticed a constant hum/buzz like I get on decent doses of mushrooms and things we’re definitely a bit trippy. Mind you this was FreakShow flower, so mostly sativa. Yesterday I tried 2/3 g as a dose and was much more functional/comfortable. The only downsides of this method so far is the long time for it to kick in and crazy weed burps for a few hours after consuming. Btw when I decarbed I did it in a jar and left it sealed til after it cooled to allow the terps that were volitalized to recondense back onto the flower so I get the added medical benefits of the terpenes as well. You could also decarb for less than normal time to get a slightly stoney effect with more added medical benefits from the acidic form of the cannabinoids. Anybody else ever try this?

7 Likes

A high THCv value adds to trippy feeling. IMHO

1 Like

Definitely could be, I haven’t had this cut tested so I’m not sure what cannabinoids content is like. I was just figuring it was just from the high dose of sativa. I’ve had trippy effects from too much sativa edibles before as well. The one time I accidentally ate probably close to 2 grams of rso cause it was in a fruit syrup and I thought it was just solids from the blueberries and was so high still after work 12 hrs later that my wife had a bowl packed and tried to pass it to me and only response she got from me was a mumbled, “Highly unnecessary” :joy:

5 Likes

I make gummies with full melt black hash, pressed than resulting ooze becomes gummies & cookies

3 Likes

Always liked edibles .when did the make the strongest ones I ever had was a poundcake the butter I made I used was 4 ounces of weed to four bars of butter it really came out strong but too strong to enjoy the a pice of cake

But recently I find that taking a gel capsule and putting in an 8th to a quarter g of oil that I take that daily for my arthritis and it really illuminates the pain in my back thanks to @Gardenartus its the best way to medicate I need to make some like now lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: so today I’ll make some

4 Likes

Sounds Good to Go!

Hey bro.
A gram of bud can have 200mg of thc. Making it an awesome dose and for sure a long and awesome ride.
I too joy edibles, but i prefer to make them with rosin now. It took a while to get the dosing right.
I usually do a 2 oz edible and have the option to only eat half, then maybe the other half if necessary.
The problem with edibles is people tend to overdose on them. The reason they overdose is because the onset of the effects do not happen quickly enough.
So I devised a formula so that my edibles kick in around the 15 minute mark. Yes this can be too potent for some, but it also lets them know when to stop. But I always recommend on eating half. Especially if the person is new to edibles.
I have found that if I eat an edible until I feel it, I have possible eaten too much. Therefore it makes for a really good trip, that want be too overwhelming.
I also found that tolerance rises quickly when consuming edible. After a few tries, often they seem not to have the same effects.
That why I came up with my 15 minute onset rule. There is a large enough dose so that the user doesn’t grow tolerance to it so quickly.
I’m not talking a huge amount. @.4g of rosin to 32 oz of final product. Let’s do the math. 32 oz of edibles divided by 2 ounces = 16 edible @ 15 - 20 mg of thc per edible. I found this formula to be more than enough of a dose to satisfy friends and family without them being overly traumatized.
I’m sure this formula is strain specific because I know people who use a lot more product than that in their edible.
I’m just sharing brother. There is nothing like overdosing on an edible. The effects can last for several days if a person isn’t used to them. Peace.

4 Likes

I appreciate all input or feedback. Just put this out there as a conversation starter and to see if anybody else had tried it. I normally make edibles for myself but also friends and fam who don’t have a tolerance or at most have a very low tolerance. So I generally size the edibles for myself and then do 1/2 size or 1/4 size for others depending on potency/strain of flower used in the oil. And always give them out with warnings to those who don’t know what they’re in for. The quick tolerance developed when using edibles does suck, I find I have to take tolerance breaks often or else it gets out of hand quickly. As a matter of fact I purposefully increase my tolerance with lots of edibles before going to any cannabis event, just so I can consume more freely without getting too lit. Went to the DGC cup a few years back and damn near sampled all of the 42 strains offered and felt pretty near sober when we got back to the air bnb afterwards

1 Like

I totally understand brother. It’s very hard to judge other people’s tolerance. I have seen people do the most while tripping on my edibles.
Many of them love the trip, but some will never do it again. Since I hate to run off friends, I usually tell them to take it easy.
The rosin usually makes the thc barely detected in the edible. So people will for get and eat the entire thing… which is the ultimate no no for a rookie. Stories of being up for several day, or the opposite, sleeping for a couple of days.
Seeing stuff, hearing stuff, the usuals. Sometimes getting fired from work the next…. Which is one of my favorites.
It’s crazy how the effects of thc can be so different person to person.
Here is a caramel edible That I’m going to give a friend half of. She isn’t ready for the thing, but I assure you she will have a great birthday if she doesn’t pass out first.

4 Likes

I have been known to distribute brownies that are 1” x 1”.

Rookie mistake is “it’s been an hour and I don’t feel it so let’s have some more.” Seen it a million times. Warned against it a million times.

I once ate the equivalent of 7 grams of flower and was fucked for days.

4 Likes

Getting fired?!! Oh man, that person had to be fully lit :joy: the time I accidentally ate 2 g of RSO that I referenced above was right before going to work at a restaurant I used to cook in. I just started as head cook cause ours had quit the day before snd I’d only been at the job for a few weeks or so. What a shitshow I was. Crazy busy day, I didn’t even know all the stuff that went with the meals at that point so that was tough. I’d grab meat and stuff off the grill to put on a sandwich and turn around to put it on the bread/roll and forget what I was doing, turn back to set it on the grill while I figured it out and then remember and have to pick it up and turn round again. Not the best during a slammed lunch rush :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: boss went outta town for a few days like a year later and I gave edibles to 3/4 of the staff one day. The dishwasher fell asleep on the toilet :joy: they were all warned :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Btw I love the accidentally ate way too much edibles stories, they always make me smile. Maybe I should just start a thread for everybody to share those stories :thinking:

4 Likes

I got these gel caps from the legal market that are 2.5mg per cap.

I dislike the whole idea of the legal market but they are a really good way to know your dose for sure.

It’s always a guessing game when you make them yourself. I have some base math but there’s always a margin of errror.

2 Likes

I love the stories too. But this is a life long friend so I cut the caramel up for her.

For real people have a tendency to forget that they are eating an edible. Especially when that do not detect any signs of marijuana in it. I too have forgotten and eaten an entire cupcake when I only meant to eat half. No no no… I messed up.
This caramel tastes so good that if i gave it too her complete, I know she wound eat the entire thing. Cutting it up, maybe she will share with her birthday buddies. I loose more friends because they can’t handle the edibles.

2 Likes

Damn, losing friends from your edibles? Definitely gotta be potent stuff. Or else they’re all just lightweights :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I generally just lose mine in less exciting ways, like getting caught up in their own lives and not having time for friends

That caramel looks delicious btw. At first I thought it was a nice melty blonde temple ball and was drooling over it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

First time I overdid the oil, I tripped for 3 days, by the third day I put on Pink Floyd and enjoyed it, before that I was a freaking mess! ha! I can guarantee you it is not like doing shrooms.

2 Likes

I am kind of an edible guru :slight_smile: Been making them for over a decade, everything and anything I could think of, I medicated, only thing I have not is water.

If you like savory over sweet, add cannabis oil to MCT oil, put in a spray bottle, hit Crackers, Doritos, Cheetos, anything you desire, with a spray or two on each side, place in an airfryer or oven for a simple minute or two to set.

10 Likes

If you really want to make an infused water I hear folks are having good success using maltodextrin to make water soluble thc powders from infused oil if memory serves me correctly. Pretty cool :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

And thank you for the ideas. Your edibles are fuckin beautiful btw :heart_eyes:

2 Likes