Dedicated dry/cure/storage room setup?s

Building out a 4x12 closet for processing/storage
Things I’ve got: lumber drywall etc, 8000btu window ac(thanks mom) germ guardian air purifier(hepa/uvc)

Things I gotta get: a third dehumidifier 🫤 :joy: :sweat_smile:
Box fans, a long ass dowel to put hangers on

Things I’m not sure about:

carbon filter/fan sizing: will be setup to scrub no exhaust options unless I want to cut a hole in the floor and duct out the crawl space which, is I guess kind of an option and could potentially keep power usage down taking a load off the dehumidifier.

Any tips or things I might be overlooking

3 Likes

If it were me, I wouldn’t use drywall, but some type of wood paneling. Would maintain rh% better, plus it looks better.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

I’ve already got the stuff, I’ve got the high humidity primer like you’d use in a bathroom too so it’s not just gonna be bare drywall

2 Likes

I would skip the primer and go with bare wood. A bunch of 12x1s would do it. The primer will repel water, where as the wood will absorbed it… The wood will eventually acclimate and reach an rh similar to the room.

If it’s a closed room this wouldn’t be necessary but would still benefit the system. I would also run a vent fan, just me though; I also like my buds pretty dry. :grin:

I plan on keeping it 60f 60%rh at all times, lumbers is still a bit pricey, I’ve got enough 2x4s to frame the wall and the door but a 12ft wall with an 8ft ceiling entirely out of lumber that’s not doable, and if absorbs moisture, it also absorbs potential pathogens ie: mold/mildew

4 Likes

I was gonna use a tent, building a room for it seems interesting.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not the best at drying buds…I just let them air dry for 3-4 days and then toss them in a wooden trunk, no cure or trim. The trunk keeps them nice and dry while waiting to be hashed.

I can’t really think of anything else you’d need for the room though. Seems like you’ve got everything figured out.

2 Likes

I’m small scale commercial, so it’s becoming a necessity, I’ve got stuff in veg waiting to go into the big tents room so cooling that down and getting rh right for drying would fuck up my flow.

4 Likes

I have mine made of panda film and I have a small opening that goes to the grow room so that becomes the exhaust. I can keep it fairly controlled with just a small humidifier and adjust the door zipper to control the air exchange. Low budget.

5 Likes

The drywall should be fine with the paint and if you have good circulation and keep the room at 60% or lower.

1 Like

What size carbon filter y’all think I’ll need? Assuming average harvests of 3-5lb(dry) for now, eventually twice that once I expand the flower room to 8x8 or 10x10

instead of a dowel to put hangers on i use a 1/2" piece of conduit tubing

1 Like

or 3/4" pvc tube… maybe cheaper