Dry Tent Checklist

Hello All,

I was curious if anyone had any assistance in things missing from the dry tent…

1. Tent (any suggestions for small budget helps.)
  2. Portable Fan(any suggestions for small tent helps.)
  3. Humidifier
  4. Dehumidifier
  5. Inkbird humidity controller
  6. Inkbird Temperature Controller
  7. Temperature Conditioner (any suggestions for small tent helps.)
  8. Way to Hang Buds

What else am I missing?

3 Likes

Having a portable AC helps me to keep temps around 60 without freezing the whole house out. If I was drying in a tent I’d also want a small extraction fan to help cycle fresh air in. Clothes hangars and some string to hang em on would be nice too. Good luck with your harvest!

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Any portable AC suggestions?

2 Likes

I’ll check my brand when the lights come on. I went cheap with the brand but got a bigger unit size wise. A lot depends on your budget too.

1 Like

Tent (any suggestions for small budget helps.)

• find whatever you can on marketplace or kijiji. You also may be able to buy a tent designed for 3d printers which are gonna be cheaper than ones for plants.

Portable Fan(any suggestions for small tent helps.)

• Classic 6" hurricane clip, or get 12v computer fans if you’re savy with small builds.

Humidifier

• hands down look into the AC iNfinity CLoudforge T3 (3l digitally controlled humidifier)

Dehumidifier

• unless you are in a very humid area I’ve never seen a need for this and if i did i’d just have a tray of water and let the evaporation do the RH% lifting.

Inkbird humidity controller

• not needed if you get the above humidifier.

Temperature Conditioner

• personally never needed for a drying tent. My tents are in cold parts of my home versus needing to cool them down.

Way to Hang Buds

• I can fit a 6 tier, hanging net rack in my 2x2x5 drying tent. I also have a disco ball motor and stainless steel socks hanging rack for when I’m drying whole plants or branches.

Best of success @Conitl !

:v:

12 Likes

Depending on the time of year, here is what we do for drying with less up-front investment dollars.

In a tent, a fan is recirculating the air, low-medium speed, but not directed at the plant matter. Pointed at the tent wall or away from the hanging plants. Just produce a light breeze all around. Cotton twine is tied between tent posts. Branches are hung upside down on the twine. We harvest plants in batches to be placed into the drying tent. Most mature plant matter is taken first while the remainder of the plants are allowed more time.

A temperature / humidity monitor is employed. Tent is closed while relative humidity is less than 60%. Once the humidity is 60% or greater, open the tent to allow exchange of the air. This occurs over a week to two week or longer period. We can control the tent humidity by ‘burping’ the tent as described to reduce humidity and adding additional fresh plant matter when the humidity has stabilized <=60%. Fresh matter will spike the humidity initially.

Works well during fall/late fall when the outside humidity is low and we are able to control the drying rate relatively easily. This is in the New England area. The tent is indoors such that the temperature is relatively consistent as there is nothing in the tent producing heat while the outside temperatures are below or around heating temperatures. We rotate in fresh plant matter over time and rotate out sufficiently dried matter into curing containers and go from there.

6 Likes

We do basically the same thing, in the same region. I’ve somewhat automated the burping by using an exhaust fan and filter that runs for 15 min every 2 hours. During the summer it’s 15 min every hour.

3 Likes

For hanging, this time I just took the scrog frame minus the string going one way. A two purpose tool anyway.

5 Likes

Awesome y’all! I think my biggest concern now is keeping the temps lower. It will be a struggle to keep in the 60’s or so without a portable ac of some sort.

If there are any recommendations for those, I think I can consider this post a success. Thank you all!

I keep mine in the basement and that stays fairly consistent. The humidity changes greatly with the seasons though.

3 Likes

If it’s a small run you can just use herb drying rack (ac infinity has a a nice one), a box fan, and after 7-10 days when branches snap, cure in grove bags.

Larger run. Great advice above.

I would be careful with humidifiers or dehumidifiers. Those are not always necessary. Really depends on your room.

If you use an herb drying rack be sure to flip the buds around a couple times so don’t dry lopsided, but grove bags will fix all that.