DINAFEM: Feminized Blueberry Cookies & Feminized Sweet Deep Grapefruit

Thank you very much for the kind words. It’s been a fun learning experience filled with lots of reading. I’m slowly dialing back into the hang of things and hopefully I can keep the girls happy until their last days of flowering. So far so good. Thanks for stopping in and please don’t be a stranger to this thread :wink:

3 Likes

Plants in early blue :grin: Picasso would have loved that effect

3 Likes

They’re looking great buddy absolutely beautiful looking plants you’re on your way.

I may suggest sooner than later you transplant them to a much bigger pot and I also suggest if you’re going to grow above ground ? at least a 20 or 25 gallon pot minimum size as watering becomes an issue when you grow in pots outside above ground as they evaporate very quickly in the hot summer. Especially black pots…
My first year growing outside above ground in big pots 30 gallon. I had watering issues come July and August where I was watering every single day some times twice a day.
They had nutritional problems because just like us too much water leads to hydrosis. In plants you’re washing away all their nutrients and essentially they start to starve. And you’ll end up with deficiencies everywhere and you’ll be very unhappy.
I’ve been down this road. And what I did was that year… To cool the root Zone down. I dug large holes and stuck the pot and all down in the ground and that solved my problem. And it didn’t matter if I used solid potss or fiber pots the problem was still the same the root Zone just gets too damn hot and evaporates too quickly. But if you can keep the root Zone cool growing above ground is just like growing in the ground almost… that’s why you see those guys out there in Cali growing in 500 gallon fiber pots above ground so that the root Zone doesn’t get so hot and it can keep hydrated.

Bud pics of Dinafem blueberry cookies 2019 outside grow. These buds on this plant were done underneath light deprivation techniques between the month June 16th 2019 and harvested on August 9th underneath the intense Summer Sun. These buds came out very very hard and dank. they were so hard you could bounce them off the table and could play quarter bounce with them. They were all about the size of Tangerine oranges a little flattened.

I don’t have any bud shots of the second plant I grew that year. I had to harvest quickly. Because the neighbor had caught somebody peeking over my fence the day before late at night and they stole their chair so they could look over my fence. We harvested all the 4 of the plant’s that were kind of in the open but yet still had a fence around them. but not like the other grow. Where I have chain link fence and very hard to get through as I have some of it electrified with the livestock high power Electric fencer.

But the blueberry cookies grow to be a very big plant with the right composted soil and a good amount of sunlight and the right kind of TLC it can be a monster and absolutely can give you one or two keys easily.

I grow 99.9% organically. I compost my own soils but my base soil years ago was Fox Farms ocean forest and Happy Frog but since then I’ve added many other commercial organic soils to my DIY compost and soil and I add everything off the table that biodegrades in my compost pile everyday.
If you have any questions about how I grow and what I do… I don’t follow rules of other people…
I do my own thing… I don’t believe what everybody says… I’m My Own sail if you get my point… and have my very own growing style which simulates others who grow like I do but as my wife says. " I’m always doing things over the top."
But I’ll be happy and glad to answer any Q&A… happy growing buddy

8 Likes

Awesome pictures, once again thanks for blessing my thread with such beautiful plant shots! The outdoor strain at my fiances house is blueberry and it’s an auto strain. It’s my first experience growing them as well as first time growing outdoors. They are doing really well and starting to flower already. I’ll post pictures another time when I get the chance to take some on my next visit.

2 Likes

I have some shots of the blueberry cookies and sweet deep grapefruit from a few days ago. They are doing well and really wanting to flower. I’m just waiting on a veg tent as I had to cancel my initial order but I have one coming from another source.

I picked up a cloning dome and will take some clones as soon as the tent arrives, should only be a few more days. I have some rooting powder and some jiffy pellets as well.

Question: Is a 300W led light too much for clones or should I get a smaller fluorescent light? I purchased a 300w led for the veg tent and was hoping to use it.

P.S. I will take out the girls and take some shots in normal light when I next get the chance, I just don’t like moving them around too much and handling them for nothing.

First two are BBC

Next two are the SDG

To present both strains have strong Indica traits, huge fan leaves, short, compact, tight inter nodes. They are about 6 weeks old now.

5 Likes

I would say that 300w led would be fine at the right height above the Clones. I don’t use LED lights for cloning. I do use T5 fluorescence 6500. I also use the 315 cmh 40k/41k for cloning and veg/ bloom for much more bang for my buck…

DIY 315 cmh hybrid with far red leds

6 Likes

I took the plants out in order to take some clones. They’ve been vegging for almost 60 days now as I awaited a tent for vegging. I finally got my tent so I went ahead and took some cuttings and then made some changes in the grow room.

Here’s a few shots of the plants in regular lighting. Top and side profile of each girl.

SweetDeepGrapefruit #1:

SweetDeepGrapefruit #2:

BlueberryCookies #1:

BlueberryCookies #2:

Some shots of the clones and cloning powder I used:

4 Likes

I added the 2X2 tent next to the 4X4 and bought some new ducting to attach both exhausts to the same source. It was expensive to do but worth it in the end.

4 Likes

Lastly, I ordered a microscope to take some macro shots of the trichs to determine when to cut. I was able to snag a few cool shots of some trichs from the Dark Devil and Black Cream.

6 Likes

As of today the girls have been in 12/12 for 2 days. They are starting to stretch out nicely and I’ll post some pics on the next light cycle.

4 Likes

Well done, I’ve never smoked dark devil :smiling_imp: but find it to be a beautiful plant. Whats the smoke like?

One if those strains i always find myself adding to my shopping cart but then removing it and adding something else at the last minute lol

1 Like

Hi there Dank-D,

Thanks for stoping in. Unfortunately I have not smoked any yet. It’s a beautiful plant and both the phenos ended up both consistently dark purple/black in color. The smell so far on both is of a strong chemical/gas/diesel. I’m hoping to properly answer that questions in another few weeks! At least a sample bud at a minimum.

3 Likes

Hi folks, I’ve been very very busy with work gearing back up and haven’t had the chance to post many updates.

The 4 plants are at day 49 of 50-55 days of flowering. They are looking nice and 3 of them are really getting some nice colors. I’ve been flushing with pure water for the last 10 days.

The Blueberry Cookies both smell really nice and fruity. The flowers are compact and wide on both phenos with one main cola. One pheno is exhibiting really beautiful green/red/purple/pink/blue colored leaves but doesn’t smell as strong where as the other is mostly a darker purple but smells exquisite and strong! Both phenos are absolutely beautiful plants.

The Sweet Deep Grapefruit both have nice main colas that both stretched higher than the blueberry cookies. One pheno has a lot of purple colors and the other is mainly green but starting at the outer edges. The green pheno tends to smell stronger and smells more of fruit than the other although both smell very sweet. I’ll try to get more pictures of SDG soon.

7 Likes