Sweet Seeds San Fernando Lemon Kush and Cali OG Kush/Haze

I germinated 3 of each strain. They were perfect little babies, but I was moving them and damaged the stems on 2. So now I have 3 of the San Fernando and 1 of kush / haze.
Gonna be doing dwc, gh nutes Lucas formula. Lights will be a 6 x 75 watt cob setup from rapid leds 3000k 90cri. Will add another 2 x 100w cobs for flower . I initially had a viparspectra that I got off ebay, but it was dysfunctional so I went with the cobs.

Thanks for stopping in
ATM
(addicted to marijuana)

14 Likes

Very nice!

Pulling up a chair and following along… lemon strains are my kryptonite

5 Likes

San Fernando will be on the left.

All seeds were soaked over night and put on a paper towel. Used bottled water. Seeds popped 24 hours later 100%. Then transferred to peat pellets. Some people don’t like these for hydro but they really work fine. Just gotta drop the reservoir level after the roots pop out the bottom. I start at 300ppm here and let the plants decide when to up that dose.

13 Likes

Just wanted to say I am so happy this site is back. I learned everything I know from the original site and this one seems better. There were some amazing photos from the original threads, but this really does seem like the vibe of the original site.

I did end up going to icmag, but it was never the same as this place.

Here is a link to a small closet grow I did 15 years ago.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=9689

9 Likes

Day 19 from germination.

These containers are nice, but they let in a lot of light. So I had to put in some pond algae killer.
We are in a bit of a cold snap so growth has slowed a bit.

10 Likes

@ATM Looking good bro. Lemon terps are always a winner in my book. Will pull a chair for this. Sweet seeds also do some great stuff.

Welcome back home.

Peace

Bonged

4 Likes

So we had some really cold temps. And at the same time j raised the water level too high. Which I said in the opening that I would avoid. You get overwatering signs pretty quick with peat pellets. Anyway we are back on track. Good root growth. Raising to 390ppm. pH 5.7

9 Likes

Things are getting back on track. The 1 cali og that made it is doing the best. Very good growth. The lemon kush is lagging a bit.

7 Likes

Just a quick update. Still dialing in the new system. Getting water levels right has been a bit tricky. The 4 remaining plants are giving different growth rates.

I did find that the center 2 locations on the bucket sit about 0.5cm lower in the water. This is what caused my overwatering issue. You really have to have an even water level in the early stages. This is when you get the burst of root growth. These will become the new tap roots. Once they are established then I can drop well below the basket without an issue.

Plants had to be moved around so I put a label on them. The og haze is growing fantastic with a very low growth pattern like an indica, this is great for SOG; which is how I usually try to make things, but from seed its tricky.

I’m at about 440ppm.

10 Likes

Coming along nicely!

4 Likes

Some picks showing the nice low branching of the og haze

9 Likes

Here is the SFV lemon to compare

9 Likes

A shot from tonight after a little spray down. Getting some clones from this one soon.

8 Likes

Cut some clones of the og haze.
1 water clone with scarring no hormone just water
1 peat pellet no stem scarring and hormone
1 peat pellet with stem scarring and hormone

Who will root first.

7 Likes

My money is on pellet with scarring! Water clones always work but they take forever.

3 Likes

Growth differential issues. Nothing to be done, this is seed. But I think the sfv og is a little more sensitive to nutes. I am back down to 400ppm at this point. Also hard to say because we have a heat wave. The og haze is handling everything I throw at it.

7 Likes

Started training today.

7 Likes

Vegging along. I forgot how long things take from seed. Hope to start flowering in 2 weeks.

9 Likes

11 Likes

So clones are taking root. I got a little impatient and made an aerocloner, but today I found the roots on a couple, so the peat is working well. These are going to go in soil, so I’m glad its working.

I’m pushing back my flower start a little and making sure I have the proper clone amount. I need enough to keep the moms and do a small run outdoors.

So more boring veg / cloning stuff for the time being.

I also wanted to mention that the og haze is from cropking seeds and is really showing some amazing veg growth, if it produces a lot of resin, it will be a keeper for sure. Wish I hadn’t lost the 2 others, because i find 3 to be most efficient in finding good phenos…

I will also say I have had weak veging plants that produce amazing weed, but they are not fun to grow. Always chasing problems. Maybe grafting strong root stock could solve this but no ones doing that.

9 Likes