First profi Coco grow 60x60 tent 250w HPS

Hi guys. Id like to share my grow with you. I Have grown outdoor for many years and this year is my First year when I dont Have any plants outside. I experiment with indoor growing for Last 3 years and I finaly decided to do my First profi grow with all the experiences I Have learnt over the years. Since a moved out from my parents I Have more privacy now. And I got together all the equipment I got or bought over the Last 3 years :smiley:

Ok lets start.

I Have a grow tent 60x60x120. A bit small but its from my friend Who doesnt grow and I dont Have money to buy my own yet.
Light is 125w cfl plus 200w cfl (both grow) and 250w HPS for Bloom.
For venting I use standart 125mm turbo tube fan(not sure how many liters per Hour)
A Have two carbon filters. Both outside. One on top of the box to filter outake air and one on the ground to filter intake air.
For media I use 100% Coco with 9! Smart pots. Every Smart pot is only 3 litres big (one galon)
The Smart pots dont stay on the floor of the tent. I designed my own watering system using PMMA plates (like for terarium) which I glued together( I Will post some pictures)

4 Likes

I Just Discovered I dont Have any start photos :frowning: I Have only this one from First week of grow. (Day 6)

The system works automaticaly. You can see on the picture 9 smart pots and central watering circle. I run water to the tubes and to every plant. Under the tent is 10L bucket where is my pump and water. When the pump is turned on the water runs to the smart pots and through the pots. The pots stay in something like PMMA baking Tray( its Hard to explain since i lost the pictures). Anyway, All the water that runs through the pots drains in to the tray which has two holes in it ( the tray is downhill) and goes down through the holes and pipes Back to the bucket. Once i water the plants i take the bucket with rest of the water and water my room flowers or other home flowers.

Ok. Here are some photos of the watering system.
Here you can se the bucket Under the box with two tubes going in. One of them is conected to the pump and the other one brings water Back

The second picture show the plastic tray in which the pots sit. In the front you can see two holes where the water goes after draining through the pots.

The third picture shows the legs from the tray and pipe which goes Back and up to the central water circle. The legs are from screws. Screws in the Back are 8cm Long a screws in the front are 6 cm Long so its slightly downhill so the water flows to the holes and Back to the bucket.

Day six in grow

7 Likes

OK. First Day.

I used tap water with pH 5,5 (used pH down grow) for watering my Coco and put the plants in. Then I put the plants into my tent with 125 cfl Light on 18/6 for one week.
The fertilizer I used!! I only use Green house seeds POWDER FEEDING. Nothing else. I Just want to keepe it simple guys. I used These in the soil and was Very happy and I want to proof you that these really work and are really simple to use.

1 Like

I veged the plants for three weeks. After one week I changed the 125w cfl to 200w cfl. My water was still pH 5,5. I kept Ec on 0,6 at start and I gradualy increased it to 1,2 until week three of veg state.

Photo after second veg week (Day 14)

Day 16

Bloom.

After 3 weeks(20days) of veg I switched to Bloom stage and changed my Light to 250w HPS(from 200w cfl) and period to 12/12.

On First Day of flower I managed to get my self an Reverse osmosis. So instead of having tap water with Ec 220! I finaly Have Ec 0,0. I watered the plants on First Day of flower stage with 10L of RO water with 7g GHS powder feding Calcium and 8g GHS short flowering. My Ec was 1420 and pH 5,6. The water that came out of the plants had Ec 1540 and pH 5,8. Really good! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Day 26 of grow. 6th Day of flower

First week of flower was incredible. The plants grew up Very Fast! Since the begining, they Have been cut twice (i cut of the tops) so every plant has about 8 tops now. I also cut of every leaf on the bottom and weak branches…

Yesterday (26.7.2017) started second week of flower. I watered the plants again with the same solution as First week.

5 Likes

Hello @Fisch, welcome to OG!

Interesting. I’ll watch your diary…

I’ve got some Powder Feeding from GHS, but haven’t tried it yet…

1 Like

If you are intrested in how I mix my FEEDING here is manual I use directly from GHS.

As you can see, in week three of flower I will start to use flower booster :slight_smile: I am really excited about that because it is a new product I Have never tried before.

2 Likes

Thanks! I am really excited as well. My First Coco grow that precise. Hope everything Will do Ok :slight_smile: right now I need them to stop grow a start to Bloom :smiley:

2 Likes

Day 30 of grow (9 in flower) Plants still grow. I Have about 15 cm of space :smiley: Hope they Will stop any minute.

5 Likes

Humidity was about 60-70% at grow stage
Now in flower stage I dont use mist so often. Humidity about 50-60%.

Temperature at grow stage was 22 at night and 28 with Light on. In flower stage is 22 ať night and about 30-31 with HPS on. A bit high bit they seem alright :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can see CO2 pad on the left side. It generates co2 for six weeks. You Have to spray it with water every Day to activate it. Simple metod how to get a bit more co2 to your plants for better grow :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder about efficiency of such solution. Do you leave ventilation on?

2 Likes

Have you had any troubles recirculating the solution (eg pH swings)?

Most of people I know of use coco with drip are using drain-to-waste.

2 Likes

On veg phase I turned off the venting 1h after the Light went of. Then After 3h the venting switched on for 15m. Then I leave the venting off until the Light is 1h on. So the plants can use all the co2 they produced in the dark.

Now in flower stage its still the same for First 2 weeks. After two weeks the venting is on all the Time except 1h before the Light switches on and 30m after the Light switches on (so its off for 90 minutes) what do you think?? Is it ok? How you do it? Thanks :slight_smile:

About the water:
It is not a drip system. It takes about 90s to get the water to the plants.
When those 10L of solution is pumped up to the plants. I switch off the pump and wait until all the drained water goes Back to the bucket. Then I give it to other plants in my flat.

If I Have to leave for a few days then I simply put the exhaust pipe to different bucket so the drained water doesnt mix with the solution for the plants.

3 Likes

It looks like you know what you are doing :slight_smile:

Sorry I don’t have experience with CO2, I was just intererested to see how are you using some “cheapo” version. For me it was always pretty expensive addition. I’m not sure it justifies investment and more work with grow room construction and setup (as these gardens should be generally air-tight). I’m aware that it can lead to 10% yield improvement possibly, but focusing on other factors (strain choice, filling canopy, ventilation bost) can increase yield probably more. There are always areas in which I can improve more :slight_smile: and CO2 will be possibly the last one.

Thanks for clarification on the drain-to-waste watering.

Keep up progressing!

1 Like

Hi guys. Some new update is here.

Since my humidity is a bit high (about 60-70%) I decided to turn on the vent 24/7. I dont want to risk getting mold.

Today is 15th day of flower. The plants grown very high and I had to remove 2 tops :frowning: But now it seems like they finaly stoped growing.

I flushed the plants with 35 litres of RO water (pH 5,6) on day 13th of flower. Next watering will be done on the 16 or 17 day. I will water the plant with RO water pH 5.7 with 10g Calcium + 6-7g short flowering + 3g flower booster (all GHS).

Light is still 250w HPS 12/12.

Here are some mobile photos from day 14 flower. Sorry for the quality :confused: I dont have any other camera.

I removed all the lower branches and leaves for better air flow and more energy for the buds.

q

5 Likes

And one more thing! The strains I Have :smiley: There are 6 different strains in the tent at the moment. Warlock, Nebula, CBD skunk, Master kush, some california strain and Chronical.

2 Likes

That’s very adventurous to have 6 different strains in there … :slight_smile:

It seems like you’ve ran out of tent height :scream:. I didn’t wanted to tell you but, I try to stay away from 120cm high tents :slight_smile: … to small in my eyes…

3 Likes

Yes i did run out of space :-/ the Light is about 20-25cm from the plants, but it shouldnt be a problem since they seem to stop growing :slight_smile:

The height sucks :-/ But its my friends tent. If I will buy my own I will buy 2m for sure :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi guys :slight_smile: The plants Have stoped to grow, So thats nice :smiley: they are really hungry tho. I Have to water them every two days now. The temperature is ok. 22-24 at night and 28-34 at day. The humidity is about 60-65 after watering and 45-50 before watering. I also added second fan Under the plants for better air circulation :slight_smile:
The water solution is for week three now.
Ec is 1700 and pH is 5.7.

The interesting part is that my RO water has pH 7 and When I add the nutrients the pH drops down to 5.6. So all I Have to add are two drops of pH up solution to get pH 5.7.

Do you have this situations when you use other nutrients?? I am interested :slight_smile:

The Only problems I Have is the Chronical strain. They Have some spots and burned areas on leafs as you can see on picture. The other plants are Fine and healthy :slight_smile:
The buds are getting bigger and bigger. Thanks for answers ! :slight_smile: grow big! :muscle:

3 Likes