Dirtron Plays With Dirt & Chats With Friends!

the weirdest one so far to me is wesley crusher. like, i didn’t even know he was that popular amongst stoners!

1 Like

@Mithridate, I dropped the Sour Bubble you sent me! Whole flip :+1: Cheers!
:robot:

3 Likes

Good choice :ok_hand:

Here’s a purple sour bubble from Carefree1 to bless your grow :pray:

8 Likes

@Mithridate yesterday afternoon, at the 24 hour mark, 7/13 had popped tails, this morning the remaining 6 had tails! 13/13. Great seed

3 Likes

Some males that are getting the chop today.

These are the Papua New Guinea landrace. I got 3F and these 2M from the 5 seeds I popped.

I have the 3 females in the flower cab. And I did take a clone of each female, even though I have like 40-50 of these beans left, you never know when magic will strike.

But since I have so many beans still, and don’t yet know if these are going to be worth growing again, I am not saving these boys, not taking clones, not saving pollen, just chopping!

One thing I do like is how big these got out of these tiny 1gal square pots (5”x5”x5”)

8 Likes

They are smaller than a gallon…

I’ve spent some time working on pot sizes… most of the time, they are not what they say… …except for 3 gallon… :man_shrugging:

I went through a bunch of similar pages and ended up adding a sheet to my master spread sheet - just for container sizes… just to contain this weirdness… :grin:

The ‘driver’ for all of this was to be able to calculate potting soil needs…

{1 gallon (US) = 231 cubic inches}

Cheers
G

3 Likes

A set of 12 Sour Bubble Bx3F2’s from @Mithridate first in their prop tray, then planted in a satellite outdoor garden of mine.

These were planted last Sunday, and I should be able to get a look at them later today to see how they have settled in.

11 Likes

The same Sour Bubbles 4 days later!

14 Likes

Looking great man! I’ll be growing some sour bubble soon too. Thanks to @DougDawson :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hope all is well on your end buddy! How’s the packaging up and mailing of all the bubblegum going? :wink: Hope it’s getting more lackadaisical, and closer to the end.

5 Likes

Really cool, going to be watching those beauties grow.

5 Likes

Stoked to see how those sour bubbles do outdoor here in arizona off to a great start :+1: pulling up my chair :chair: for this one soon that’s going to be a lawn of bubble buds :joy:

4 Likes

Wow they seem to love their new spot ! I’ll be watching :v:

2 Likes

Pics of the Sour Bubble from Thursday past. So exactly 7 days elapsed since the previous pics.

And a few volunteers, these could be from several different runs, so I have no idea what they are at this point.

:v:

14 Likes

And my 3 Papua New Guinea Landrace plants outgrew my flower cab, so I hame moved them outside. They sure did stretch a bunch, up into the lights which are already as high as they go, with no end in sight.

Hopefully the shortening day length keeps them flowering…

10 Likes

Here is this week update on the outdoor Sour Bubble patch…

First all 12 in the cohort…

And a bit closer look at most of the group…

And they have all shown their sex, I have 4 males, and 8 females, which is a great ratio. The males are a bit further along than the females.

Here are some shots of the boys:

And the girls:

10 Likes

Are you going to pluck the males or you letting them go, there looking so nice :blush:

3 Likes

Everyplant stays unless it shows an unhealthy or undesirable trait. It is a seeds and hash patch.

4 Likes

DISASTER STRIKES!!!

Checking in on the Sour Bubble patch I discovered that something got into the garden patch and ate the tops off of 3 plants. Took all the “buds” off, and stripped the stems leaving only the lowest pair, or couple pairs, of leaves.

Now for silver linings, I do think that the plants will recover. And by delaying the onset of pollen I may end up with more seed. Thankfully my favorite of the 4 males was untouched.

Finally, one reason I decided to run the Sour Bubble was because I have Sour Bubble pollen on ice thanks to @DougDawson.

First some group shots:

The lone untouched male:

The victims:

9 Likes

Hopefully they come back strong bud but if you need more Sour Bubble seeds I may know a guy :wink:

4 Likes

Looks like rodent damage. Hard to see the cut ends, and your exclosure looks too small for deer to jump into. Were the removed pieces left behind? That sucks man. I’ve had 5 of my 30ish plants dropped by mice/voles/pack rats.

Deer only have bottom teeth, so when they’re browsing they tend to shred the end. Rodents leave a nice clean cut.

4 Likes