Dirtron Plays With Dirt & Chats With Friends!

I will take a closer look at the cuts this evening, there was a decent amount of plant matter left behind on the ground. I don’t think deer are a possibility, but you never know. My money is on a packrat, or a thrasher bird.

This evening I’ll snap a pic of the whole garden from the outside too.

:robot:

4 Likes

Yeah, deer is unlikely, although they can jump over an 8ft fence, they won’t jump into an area so small they can’t get out of. ( Need a runway to get momentum). If the plant material was left over, I’d bet it was a rodent. Definitely use herbal magic and make a circle of protection around your plants. Chili flakes are cheap, and effective, although they need to be reapplied every week or so. Sucks that happened. At least they left you some leaves for recovery. Mine were basal cuts. :sweat:

2 Likes

Nasty little critter. :gun:

:green_heart: :seedling:

@Rhino_buddy

I would guess the garden is 8’x12’ (12’x20’ max) probably big enough for a deer, but no way they are jumping in.

I am going with packrat, or cottontail.

5 Likes

I agree those are rodent cuts! Too small for a deer to get into.

I found one of my plants this morning bent over. I gotta get a pic of the damage. It’s like 4 inches of gnawing down one side of the stem. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I’ll add a photo later. :+1:

Edit. Here’s what I found this morning…

4 Likes

@Rhino_buddy
Did that plant end up making it?
It always amazes me how little tissue needs to remain uncut for the plant to be able to rebound…

2 Likes

The Sour Bubble patch. Just after an overhead watering so everything is a bit beat down…

:peace_symbol:

8 Likes

The one branch with living buds up it is somehow still getting what it needs, regardless of falling over and twisting like crazy.

I think I’ve got a woodchuck clipping mine. Something came through and took down a few of my plants and took back branches off of a ton of them. :sweat:
Cleaned the stem off level with the dirt in the pot and it was a neat half dollar sized diameter.

3 Likes

10 plants that I presumed were males got put outside 5 or so days ago. Just to confirm that I didn’t miss any females.

All 10 were confirmed males.
And all 10 are now compost.
:scissors:

Also, Sour Bubble patch yesterday.

12 Likes

6 happy 88G13HP x Blood Orange females from @oleReynard just got up-potted into 3g geo-pots. The only male from the pack is, and will continue, riding on top in his 1g plastic square pot. All 7 plants are amazingly uniform, a good sign.

I really like how the square bottoms of these Geopots let me fit two of the 3gallon size perfectly in a 10x20 prop tray.

Thanks @G-paS for distributing these for everyone, you helped get things popping long before you took on your “official” role! :pray:

6 Likes

1 Like