Disabling new Post Reactions / Emojis?

Thanks for considering supporting us. :+1:

Just make sure to use the same email address that you use on OG. The process is mostly automated. The only delay is the Patreonā€™s API which probably waits until the card transaction is processed plus some overhead. You should be upgraded within 30 minutes.

I typically personally thank each individual, which may take some time because of the time zones. :joy:

Please reach out to me if you encounter any issues.

10 Likes

Hey @Coffweed is this anything in your wheel house?

6 Likes

Possibly! Iā€™ve been entirely too busy recently and feel like things have fallen through the cracks but Iā€™ll see if I can fire up some tampering-css-magic and who knows. If anything Iā€™ll report back!

9 Likes

That is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

4 Likes

?

4 Likes

Thanks for becoming our newest supporter, @Haggis . Iā€™ve monitored the process closely, and it took roughly 20 minutes to upgrade your account automatically. What was your experience?

3 Likes

Pretty damn smooth for me Joe :ok_hand: around 20 or so mins and a refresh later and I was all good to go as a supporter :+1:

Really liking the chat and new theme!

7 Likes

How do you turn it on?

1 Like

Currently only TeamOG and Supporters have access for testing.

2 Likes

unfortunately I donā€™t think that will be of any help unless someone can write the necessary code and provide instructions for how to use it with the plugin.

2 Likes

If possible, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for thinkin of me coffweed

3 Likes

Iā€™ll test what @CocoaCoir started up and see what I can do over the next few days. Busy week here but Iā€™d love to help if I can ā€” I know Iā€™m not the only tech inclined folk here as well!

5 Likes

Thanks and no rush. If we can eventually find a solution, that would be amazing.

And thanks @CocoaCoir I didnā€™t know what I was looking at in that post haha.

2 Likes

Zephyr, sorry if my emojis disturb you, you can mute me if you wish, wouldnā€™t be a great loss ā€¦ :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I would feel the loss.

6 Likes

On android app mobile shortcut version if you tap on it once itā€™s just like before. I think itā€™s just chrome default

2 Likes

I should have some time to test things tonight. Havenā€™t software dev-ed in a few years but used to be what I did professionally. Who knows ā€” might be able to find a solution (might not) ā€” but itā€™s worth investigating!

I like the new flavor of OG personally but I understand not every flavor is for every person and if we can provide tools/options for those that are sensitive to this or that Iā€™m happy to!!

8 Likes

Just a quick shout out to @LemonadeJoe and his crew. I like what you all have done with the site. Navigation is simplified and sensible. Well done.

And Iā€™ll be supporting again as soon as finances allow. As frugal as I have to be, that should show how well I like the forum and how itā€™s run.
:+1:t4:

8 Likes

@Coffweed, @CocoaCoir

I believe this is essentially all thatā€™s needed:

.discourse-reactions-picker.is-expanded {
  visibility: hidden; 
}

It will ensure that the selector with reactions does not appear.

It simply needs to be turned into a script for TamperMonkey.

7 Likes

I will carve out an hour or two this evening to at least get started on this project and if it really is that easy, it shouldnā€™t be a problem at all.

7 Likes