The lazy way to Bulk seed harvesting

So… I’ve been dreading trying to harvest more seeds from my k-cup project (The Agent K Project (formerly KCups)) after spending 2 hours last night picking through a baggie snagging all the seeds I could… My mind was working overdrive today trying to figure out an easier way to do this.

I have seen tons of videos and read how-to’s all over showing how easy it looks… but I never seen anything like what i’m about to tell you lol.

You’ll need:
A blender with a low speed setting (Like, dough)
A whipping attachment. These look like this.
Seeded weed.

They are hard plastic, don’t scrape the sides of the blender.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

I do not care about the quality of the bud after processing, i’m only looking to get easy seeds. That being said, most of the frost stayed on the buds (EDIT: If the weed isn’t at cure level dryness) after using this method, and i’ll be processing for extracts anyways.

Step one:
Make sure your blender is clean and dry.

Step two:
I’m not going to school you on your blender so just dump your weed in yours and put the lid on.

Step three: Hit the dough setting for 3-5 minutes. Mine had a little slow down while it was breaking up the bigger buds, but recovered nicely (1200w ninja ftw)

Step four: Pour resulting smaller buds/leaves/seeds into a shoebox lid or some type of sorting tray.

See, still frost on the buds even after being in the blender.

Step five: Find seeds and pick them out.

For whatever is left in the blender, i’ll probably do an everclear rinse, pour into a jar and put it in the fridge for later processing.

What you do from here is your decision. :smiley:

Hope this helps someone!

Update:
Handles non dry (read… squishy bud) ok. Slows the blender some on bigger buds.

And if your weed is at the dry crunchy stage… this will knock all the trichomes off. Fair warning if you’re trying to salvage the bud for smoking it won’t be as potent.

12 Likes

A bit savage. How many seeds do we lose?

I got one of these (gift of muleskinner) for when I really want cleaned bud. Seeds stay in the strainer. You can still crush them if you are rough.

2 Likes

I think out of 300-400 seeds I only damaged like 2?

This technique is pretty effective and fast but only if you don’t care about how your bud ends up looking lol :joy:

1 Like

Brother, if you were closer I would do it for ya. I spent more than 20 years breaking up and de-seeding my Mexican brick weed. A credit card grinder and my 2x3 screens and I can do a QP in less than an hour.

Raw Threads, Raw Grinder Card https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TZG4LX2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_oGbGBbRWT5NCW

5 Likes

@ReikoX Is your karma box ready for seeds?

3 Likes

Always! :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

Have you tried a cocktail shaker? It seriously may work. If you can peel garlic by doing it…it’s worth a try. Or 2 metal bowls put together and shake it.

2 Likes

I’m in the process of wanting to smoke some of my seeded LRxUV, but I usually deseed bud when it’s dryer, brick weed style with a playing card and shoebox.
If I can find my dust covered martini shaker I’m going to try the @Meesh method first!

5 Likes

Let me know if it works! So far it’s just a theory

1 Like

My first attempt with dry, but still squishy, buds netted about half of the seeds.

Not a bad haul!

5 Likes

With a shaker?..:sunglasses:

1 Like

I wanted to do more than would fit in a shaker so I used a clean popcorn tin.

Half the seeds still isn’t too bad.

1 Like

Keep shaking then… Y’all men should be bosses at that hand movement. lol

7 Likes

Life hack #47 :laughing:

1 Like
8 Likes

There’s plexiglass on the front to keep everything in too. These things are game changers when you’re playing with a lot of seeds.

1 Like

I believe this is an appropriate replacement for the tinfoil, too. :robot:

:evergreen_tree: RFID no thank you

@99PerCent & @Jellypowered, I use a regular screen type kitchen strainer. Pour it in and push down LIGHTLY while rubbing across the screen. All sticks (I hate smoking the wood) stay in the strainer as well. It comes out pretty fine, so you want to use the largest mesh strainer you can find that won’t let the seeds come through. I do about 1/2 to a full ounce at a time. Takes just a few minutes. My screen is pretty coarse, so the weed comes out perfect for rolling a joint with. A few trikes fall out, but I sift over a large glass mixing bowl and just brush them out to smoke separately. :dizzy_face:

It works good with very little effort. Best of all,** you** control the pressure being used.

@Sebring: Tried and true method. It just takes a long time and gives me a stiff neck. Try the kitchen sifter, you probably already have one at home so no extra investment. If not, they are under $10 just about anywhere. If it is dry enough to smoke, this method will work and you’ll get all the seeds with none turning up as a surprise while smoking. :thumbsup::ok_hand:

@Artisan I’m sure it is. Especially if you build it yourself. I think for an average home grower, it may be cost prohibitive to purchase one.

That sounds vaguely sexist. :thinking::laughing:

5 Likes

@anon58740919 where’s your AmsterdamDeWalt seed-sorter ? :smile:

:evergreen_tree: swedish supergrip suckmachine

2 Likes

You can build them much smaller for different applications broham

2 Likes