Do u flush molasses out

Was just wondering when to start flushing my ladies with pure water like is it couple days before chop date or is it a week or weeks etc ANYWHO any an all info is welcome THANK U have a wonderful dat

4 Likes

Looking for info? Here is some :sweat_smile:, sorry for the self promotionā€¦ ejem|nullxnull

4 Likes

If you monitor their water uptake, you will see a drop in later flower, thatā€™s where I switch.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

A drop in water in take than flush I donā€™t really understand can u explain it a lil better please

I have a pretty scientific way to determine weather or not i flush and when to flush. In fact there is a nice little rhyme that even the nenoā€™s can learn it goes
ā€œIf its yellow, let it mello,
If its brown, flush it downā€

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

I think what @Gpaw was saying is there is a significant drop in water uptake at the end of floweringā€¦ its at that time they water only (flush) till chop

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay, but Terpsi has it. :arrow_heading_up:
When the water intake drops, the plants are basically just about done. I stop any extra inputs (e.g. nutes, teas etc.) and water only.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

So just straight water the last 2 weeks have u ever flushed with like 60 gallons of water in a day I was watching a video where this grower hooks pump up in catch trays turns hose on runs water 60 gallons through till water is good he had a tool was measuring something I just noticed every 10 gallons it was getting clearer have u seen it done this way or are u talking like just straight water the last 2 weeks or 10-7 days ???

1 Like

hereā€™s the video hopefully it plays for u

1 Like

Pretty intrigued to try this way of flushing what u think about it

Just straight water for the last couple weeks, nothing dramatic.

I accidentally did a large flush last year when a new watering system had a ā€˜malfunctionā€™ while I was awayā€¦
That was in late veg. thoughā€¦
Once I got the poor plants mostly dried out I had to remedy the missing nutrients quicklyā€¦

ā€¦you can ā€˜hurt their feelingsā€™ but they are quick to forgiveā€¦
ā€¦usuallyā€¦ :wink:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Weā€™re u able to watch that video

1 Like

Thank you for your advice greatly appreciated man anywho have a great day

1 Like

No I couldnā€™t, itā€™s age-restricted and Iā€™m not much of a ā€˜joinerā€™ā€¦ :roll_eyes: ā€¦ except on Overgrowā€¦

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Just hit the watch on u tube when that pops up u donā€™t gotta join anywho thank u peace :v:

1 Like

Wow! 1100 PPM on the first 5 Gallons thruā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
ā€¦thatā€™s a lot of saltsā€¦ Iā€™ve often wondered what lengths you might have to go through to flush your growing mediums in order to recycle.

Most of the folks running Coco Coir are ā€˜one and doneā€™ā€¦ new batch every time. Same for most Promix folks as well.
Iā€™m running a KIS mix super soil, so one trip through the big worm bin and a little remediation and itā€™s good to go (again).

That first jug, maybe two jugs he pulled off are probably good for the vegetable patchā€¦
The amount of water he is running through is shocking but the PPM numbers certainly support his approach.

Thanks for the tip

Cheers
G

2 Likes