Do we have a list of pot-smoking hacks here?

I miss the days of film. I have a ton of those cannisters, but you don’t see em anywhere anymore.

7 Likes

I don’t wear dentures but I use efferdent.
Put a tablet in plastic bong or any glass device.
Soak with water for about 30 minutes.
Rinse out and enjoy. Works like a champ.

20 Likes

Just read the post before I was about to clean the chonga so thought I’d take a couple of pics… if your buying bong and pipe cleaning products no need this method is tried and tested for the past 25+ years. Rice and rubbing alcohol is all you need to transform a piece from tasting like dogs ass in to a sparkling new vessel :star2:

25 Likes

I use the plunger from a syringe to tamp bowls down. (Am diabetic)

8 Likes

Sorry forgot more details, pour boiling water in the chamber to soak for 5 min then empty and add a cup of rice and some alcohol then shake like a mad man/women…

6 Likes

As a recovering heart patient, CO (carbon monoxide) in pot smoke is a major concern of mine.
Among other bad things CO does, CO gloms onto the hemoglobin in your blood with an attraction 200X greater than O2.
The redblood cell that gets it hardens and flowing through your arteries damages them.
Your body sends cholesterol to repair the damage.
Rinse, repeat, heart attack, or at least arteriosclerosis.

Though I dose 90% of the time with edibles, some days a bong hit or 6 works wonders.

Now I have no proof of this but the idea is to put maybe 10 - 50% of food grade hydrogen peroxide(3%) into the bong water as a CO trap.
The extra atom of O2 should grab the CO right outta the smoke.
I buy 35% food grade and cut it with an 11 to 1 distilled water to 35% H2O2. With the result of 3% H2O2.
Then I add that to 50 - 90% regular tap water for the bong’s res.
Full strength (35%) will kill all the cells it touches on your skin, mouth, throat or lungs :boom: so be sure to cut it down to 3%.

Just to be sure, if you have heart disease you’d be crazy to try this and that’s not a challenge.

6 Likes

when i smoked Bong back then i used to put a tiny drop of oil into the water, made cleaning way more easy.

1 Like

I always use isopropyl and salt for my glass.

13 Likes

Coarse salt and alcohol works wonders too!

6 Likes

If you’re about to gag and cough your fuckin head off, stick your tummy out…it pulls your diaphragm down and stops most chokes!

16 Likes

Ya’ll beat me to it!

3 Likes

Also standing up to rip a bong increases your lung’s surface area and gives you more pulling power, bent in half leaning over a coffee table is no bueno :call_me_hand:t4:

11 Likes

Better for operatic exhales too :blush:

2 Likes

Demonstrated by me at the roughly 3:03 mark. At 3:45 is the wrong way lol. I have that big ZOB in a box still

God we smoked so much blue dream that day

14 Likes

You hang with bizarre?

5 Likes

My old roomie was his tour manager. One day he knocks on my door at like 7 in the morning and goes “yo! You wanna be in a music video? Pack all your glass up were going to Detroit.”

We got there about 8 am, in a surprisingly shitty apartment complex on the north side, and Bizarre pulls out an oversized zip lock of blue dream (it was pretty new of a strain then), poured it on that silver tray thats in the video and then said “why ain’t we smokin yet?” And it began… blunt after blunt after bowl after bong, non stop.

I remember sitting in 1 of those 2 twin arm chairs passing a blunt with Bizarre, choking and trying not to die, and thinking “I can’t believe I’m smoking a blunt with someone famous, like it ain’t no thing.”

We finished that bag by the end of the day. It was non stop smoking the whole time. What was really funny was I can’t hit a blunt without dying and neither Gordy nor Bizarre could hit off of glass without dying. Thats how I got my little cameo. We ended up going to a hotel for later parts of the video, and eventually headed home at midnight or 1.

I miss that guy (my old roomie) we have bad blood because when I got married my ex apparently decided to not send his or my other old roommates invite to the wedding. Even when he told me and I was shocked, he didn’t believe me that I tried to invite him. I havent talked to him since about 2013.

I have some other fun stories, like eating a 1/4 of mushrooms on my way to my first concert. Getting there, my friend that I’m with selling a bag of prescription pills to one of the main acts. Then getting home that night and the other main act was there (knew that same roomie) and getting to smoke with them, that was amazing.

I saw them again the next night at clutch cargo, brought them weed and ended up smoking with Kung Fu Vampire in the basement of CC. I had never heard of him or his music, he was cool as fuck, then I saw him perform and was like WTF is this? Juggalos are weird.

26 Likes

I’ll have to try rice always used salt myself. The dryer sheets and toilet paper roll we always called a dube tube.

3 Likes

Thats cool as all hell. Me, my dad, my 2 bros and my homie @dudfinklesteine all went to a Blue Oyster Cult show quite a few years back. After the show we went to the titty bar around the corner and behold. The guitar player from Blue Oyster Cult was in there. We ended up drinking at his table with him and he gave me one of his personal guitar picks with his name on it. (I play guitar as well) I also met and hung out with Go Fish Fishburn when i was youngster. Won a casting contest at a fishing expo my dad took me to.

4 Likes

I figure I’ve done a lot of amazing shit for a stoner chef who grew up in small-town wisconsin. Lifes a trip if you flow with it.

7 Likes

@sct2020 I was about to ask if you are from the D but then just read your last reply. From one stoner chef to another I’ve also had some memorable smoke sessions with some cool artists. When I was living in Sweden I’d often ask the band or mc after the show at the merch stand if they’d wanna hit some homegrown, Sweden has mostly horrible hash so they would nornally jump at the chance. Smoked on the tour bus with Evidence from Dilated Peoples, wrecked Slug from Amtosphere before he went on stage with Brother Ali his eyes were closed the whole set haha. Terminology grabbed the doob out my hand and sparked it inside as bouncers swarmed, Alchemist and OH NO(Madlib’s Brother) came back to my apartment for a free handful of lemon skunk and was I blessed to roll and share some east coast sour diesel in a park in Amsterdam with the great late Sean Price… RIP. Good memories

10 Likes