Do we have a list of pot-smoking hacks here?

You hang with bizarre?

5 Likes

My old roomie was his tour manager. One day he knocks on my door at like 7 in the morning and goes “yo! You wanna be in a music video? Pack all your glass up were going to Detroit.”

We got there about 8 am, in a surprisingly shitty apartment complex on the north side, and Bizarre pulls out an oversized zip lock of blue dream (it was pretty new of a strain then), poured it on that silver tray thats in the video and then said “why ain’t we smokin yet?” And it began… blunt after blunt after bowl after bong, non stop.

I remember sitting in 1 of those 2 twin arm chairs passing a blunt with Bizarre, choking and trying not to die, and thinking “I can’t believe I’m smoking a blunt with someone famous, like it ain’t no thing.”

We finished that bag by the end of the day. It was non stop smoking the whole time. What was really funny was I can’t hit a blunt without dying and neither Gordy nor Bizarre could hit off of glass without dying. Thats how I got my little cameo. We ended up going to a hotel for later parts of the video, and eventually headed home at midnight or 1.

I miss that guy (my old roomie) we have bad blood because when I got married my ex apparently decided to not send his or my other old roommates invite to the wedding. Even when he told me and I was shocked, he didn’t believe me that I tried to invite him. I havent talked to him since about 2013.

I have some other fun stories, like eating a 1/4 of mushrooms on my way to my first concert. Getting there, my friend that I’m with selling a bag of prescription pills to one of the main acts. Then getting home that night and the other main act was there (knew that same roomie) and getting to smoke with them, that was amazing.

I saw them again the next night at clutch cargo, brought them weed and ended up smoking with Kung Fu Vampire in the basement of CC. I had never heard of him or his music, he was cool as fuck, then I saw him perform and was like WTF is this? Juggalos are weird.

26 Likes

I’ll have to try rice always used salt myself. The dryer sheets and toilet paper roll we always called a dube tube.

3 Likes

Thats cool as all hell. Me, my dad, my 2 bros and my homie @dudfinklesteine all went to a Blue Oyster Cult show quite a few years back. After the show we went to the titty bar around the corner and behold. The guitar player from Blue Oyster Cult was in there. We ended up drinking at his table with him and he gave me one of his personal guitar picks with his name on it. (I play guitar as well) I also met and hung out with Go Fish Fishburn when i was youngster. Won a casting contest at a fishing expo my dad took me to.

4 Likes

I figure I’ve done a lot of amazing shit for a stoner chef who grew up in small-town wisconsin. Lifes a trip if you flow with it.

7 Likes

@sct2020 I was about to ask if you are from the D but then just read your last reply. From one stoner chef to another I’ve also had some memorable smoke sessions with some cool artists. When I was living in Sweden I’d often ask the band or mc after the show at the merch stand if they’d wanna hit some homegrown, Sweden has mostly horrible hash so they would nornally jump at the chance. Smoked on the tour bus with Evidence from Dilated Peoples, wrecked Slug from Amtosphere before he went on stage with Brother Ali his eyes were closed the whole set haha. Terminology grabbed the doob out my hand and sparked it inside as bouncers swarmed, Alchemist and OH NO(Madlib’s Brother) came back to my apartment for a free handful of lemon skunk and was I blessed to roll and share some east coast sour diesel in a park in Amsterdam with the great late Sean Price… RIP. Good memories

10 Likes

Another good hack for the garden is if you haven’t had time to dechlorinate your water before feeding swish your forearms(as long as nothing foreign is on your arms) around the bucket and the microbes on your arms will kill about 80 to 90% of the chlorine :call_me_hand:t4:

7 Likes

Haha thats funny this came up i was going through some stuff the other day and found that ticket stub with his signature

4 Likes

I love the conversation about cleaning your bongs! I actually just left a convo on another forum about the subject because I’m considering buying a glass bong I know will be a pain to clean.
A friend warned anyone using isopropyl to be sure it’s well and truly rinced before using.
He related this incident.

Copied from text:
I learned this the hard way. I was using Isopropyl Alcohol my first time using it to clean. So I rinsed it out what I thought was done.
I pack a bowl a little while later and put flame to the weed. A huge backdraft aka it shot a fireball off the top. Started part of my stash and goatee on fire…just a little.

We laughed and laughed! Felt bad that we were laughing at a friend catching a fireball in the face… Saw a picture of him in my mind slapping his goatee, then laughed harder!!!

8 Likes

Magnifying glass :mag: to light bowls.

8 Likes

hell yeah, we used to call them solar bowls. no debate possible, this is the cleanest way to combust weed. no gas, no fuel, nothing but pure cannabis material is being combusted.

8 Likes

I’m imagining some high-school kid with a metal chillum from his dads tackle box and a magnifying glass just getting pissed off lolol

11 Likes

It really has a great, clean taste to it also. I could hardly believe it when I tried it.

There was a pipe at one point that a magnifying glass attached. I’m not sure if they still sell them or not.

4 Likes

Cant take credit for this, buddy of mine taught me.

Using twirly pasta as a filter on joints (uncooked haha)
Gotta roll them big, but they work great!
Just break off a 1/4 piece and roll it in at the end of your joint.

Since I have no idea what the pasta is called heres an image https://images.app.goo.gl/PtFNPfJiGYwjPBd59

5 Likes

I’ll go with rotini

4 Likes

Italian chef, can confirm.

8 Likes

We used 35mm film cans from the studios - you could fit about 4 oz in one.
Then seal it, wash it, seal it again with gaff tape it and write:

Field Production ENG Crew Today’s date and:
EXPOSED FILM, OPEN ONLY IN NEGATIVE ROOM.

My other great “Adapt & Conquer” was:
Hiking with 3 guys, all with weed, all with lighters — NO PIPE, and nothing to make one with — unless…
We took a pocket knife and worked a corner of a tree stump into a crude bowl / stem.
Had to kneel, friend had to light it, we all burned our hair & inhaled ashes — we all got high!!
Our creation was there for a few years before a Ranger took a hatchet to it.

5 Likes

Desperation must be the mother of invention!

You know that Park ranger was just pissed off that he had a random coming up! :joy:

I am curious as to how 3 pot head’s make it into the wilderness with no papers.

3 Likes

It was the '80s & we were all 14 or 15 - thinking ahead was not our strong suit… :laughing:

2 Likes

thats pretty cool you ever get to me Royce?