Does anyone know anything about breeding autos and fems for fast version fems?

does anyone know anything about breeding autos and fems for fast version fems ?
i wanted to try and speed up some strains any advice would help on how to speed up a strains overall time

3 Likes

I’ve never really understood using autoflowers to shorten flowering time. Unless you really want the autoflower gene, get a good seven week indica.

If you were to describe the strain you want to make, what would it’s main characteristics be? Is your intention a feminized auto, or just a fast flowering period?

4 Likes

basicly just looking 2 speed up some strains without the auto they take to long but are so much better taste smell yeild just wanted to learn how to speed them up a bit

2 Likes

Look for Deep Chunk. That will speed up anything, and give you more deep chunk. ha

6 Likes

Just having an auto doesn’t necessarily mean it will shorten the flowering time compared to a quick flowering photoperiod cultivar. It just means it will initiate flowering based on age from seed rather than from length of the dark period. You could have an Auto that still takes many months to mature.

To produce fem seeds use a silver product (colloidial silver, silver thiosulfate,…) to reverse the sex of a choice plant that will serve as the pollen donor.

1 Like

i baught some tyserius mist what ever its called i know thats colloidial silver but i never herd of silver thiosulfate whats that ?

1 Like

i thought tiresias mist was STS and not colloidal silver. does it say colloidal silver on the bottle? how many ppms? i can’t find the information on their website. i guess if they told people it was just silver thiosulfate theyd have a harder time charging such ridiculous prices… but they work the same way. the silver prohibits ethylene production or metabolisation or something which is vital to creating female flowers.

2 Likes

If I may hijack this thread, it seems like the subject is really what is your favorite short flowering plant?

PJ mentioned Deep Chunk. I’m looking at Beldia and Sinai as strong candidates. What do you all think?

2 Likes

Lebanese is probably the fastest I’ve experienced, but I think any hash strain from around the Mediterranean is a contender. :+1:

1 Like