Does this look like its reversing?

I am doing both the STS spray and Injecting Silver Nitrate into the Stem on this plant, I THINK im starting to see balls growing but this is only my second full grow. Does this look like the reversing is taking? I am injecting and spraying every 3 days.

3 Likes

It’s hard to see in completely in the pictures, how long have you been spraying every 3 days?

4 Likes

Since the 15th and I have injected Silver Nitrate into the stalk twice.

1 Like

Well from my experience you should have started spraying every 2 days while it’s in veg for about 1-2 weeks and then in flower every 2 days until you see balls. You can keep spraying and it might come out later. Make sure you are using new chemicals less than a year old, and sorry but no it does not look like it’s taking for the time being.

7 Likes

I started spraying Right as I saw one or 2 pistils, it wasnt fully into flower when I started, I was tryin to catch it right on that border between stages since its an Autoflower plant.

1 Like

Spray early because it takes about 2-3 weeks before it can absorb into the plant. I take it as a learning experience. It your chemical are good it will take eventually keep at it and it will turn male

4 Likes

Sts thats being used only takes a couple of sprays to get a plant to throw balls. Colloidal silver takes a few weeks of daily spraying to do the same. I’m thinking maybe you got the 2 confused??

3 Likes

Imo , it will reverse. It’s usually just when you think it didn’t work, you start seeing the reversal.

3 Likes

From my personal experience i did the same thing he did and sprayed late. It took awhile after hairs grew and finally turned male. Just speaking from my own experience. I think it also depends on the plant and how well the plant takes. Just my personal experience is all.

2 Likes

Yeah personally I’ve had no experience using sts but CS I’ve made thousands of seeds. CS requires regular spraying to make a plant change sex and dump pollen and even then its hit or miss if the pollen if viable. Sts is the way forward. Usually it only takes 3 to 4 applications to do its job
I wish the op luck and hope the goals are achieved. :+1:

2 Likes

Dude, I have the same problem as yours, I applied it twice at the beginning of 1 week and after 7 days, I only saw a few balls and still a lot of pestilences, I’m waiting here… my solution had been in store for a long time… following your saga here

4 Likes

Timing the spray is one of the most important parts. And if you want it to pollinate plants of the same age you really need to start spraying a month before you want everything to start flowering. That’s two weeks before flipping to 12/12 and two weeks to start seeing flowers on everything.

1 Like

On this one I am aiming to reverse the top of the plant and Self Pollinate the lower branches for S1 Seeds.

I am working with Autoflowers, so timing is not quite as easy as it is with Photoperiods.

1 Like

howd it work out?

1 Like

Didnt, the plant died lol. My fault over did it on the silver nitrate injections.