Dry herb vaporizer...Who uses them?

And now we know why they are so expensive :rofl:

I’ve tried loads of vapes and even built one years ago but none come close to the rip I can pull from the dynavap. Trouble is it’s very nearly at combustion point…

3 Likes

I like the Dyna but I prefer the variable temps of my ONE, although I haven’t used the one in a long time. An induction heater might make a difference but my issue with the Dyna is that it clicks and then puts out no vapor so I’ve learned I need to heat it past the click. I just haven’t figured out the sweet spot on how much more…

3 Likes

I usually go about two seconds past the click for the first three pulls untill the thing gets hot then I go with the click after that. I keep the carb hole closed until it gets good and hot. It reaches cloud vaping temp quicker that way. Btw caps do vary a bit, some click at way too low a temp imo. You have to find the sweet spot with the one your using. I found the heater helps a lot, way less variable than using a lighter and less noisy lol

I have a pax3 too and it was getting the most use until I got that heater. I get way more of a hit from much less using the dynavape but messing with lighters pissed me off. Sorted that now :+1:

2 Likes

I didn’t even think about covering the carb covered while heating it! Never even dawned on me. I’ll give that a shot next time and see if it improves it. I’ll probably get a heater for it at some point cause I kind of feel like a crackhead with the torch :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m new to this and have been researching. For those of you that have tried most of the major contenders.,. Can I get a good vape for around $150, or do I need to just but the bullet and get a mighty?+?

3 Likes

I had a Volcano a few years ago. I gave it away because I couldn’t hit it more than twice in a day without my throat closing up on me. The smoke tasted fine, and it definitely worked, but it was so hot & dry that it instantly sent me into an asthma attack. No fun at all. :frowning: That’s when I learned to make RSO…

2 Likes

Damn why am I never around when people start giving away Volcanos? :laughing:

2 Likes

everyone is sleeping on the tinymight!! I dont think anything compares to it for a dry herb vape

1 Like

You can get a decent vape for that money. One that comes to mind is the Arizer Solo.

A pax 3 basic kit is not much more, for someone new to vaping they are a very good option.

Loads of options out there but you get what you pay for. Cheap vapes are cheap for a reason.

3 Likes

I picked up the crafty+ on black friday for like $159 ish. Obviously the mighty is badass but I liked the value of the crafty for that price. S&B is badass so far for me.

4 Likes

I see the might for $242, I think I’ll just go that direction eventually… Wish I could test one first, have never vaped dry herb

3 Likes

Come on over @Reefer! I’ll break out the Mighty and we can vape the shit out of some herb! Just go to Mapquest and put in oleskool’s Shitkicker Grow Shed. See ya soon!

:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

The Crafty sounds good if I didn’t already have the mighty. Be cool to have both. Hmmm?

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Isn’t it just a smaller less powerful more portable version of the mighty?

1 Like

I have a mighty+ and potv One(~100$). Both are very nice. The mighty is definitely better in many ways but the One is very nice as well. Biggest benefit from upgrading is battery life and charge time, but the One is still reasonable on battery. Flavor is better but I don’t know if it justifies the price difference. Mighty dosing capsule size is much bigger, but the One size is good enough for my use. The One also is nicer to carry in your pocket due to the size. May be worth checking out.

4 Likes

Will do, thanks! Has anyone every used a sticky brick or similar?

I got a few dynavaps. One simple vong, and one dark grey M 2020 model if I’m not mistaken.

Then I have a Vaporite vaporizer with a digital screen and a remote, that really sucked when I first got it due to the way the vape was set up (think vaporbrothers, as it’s the same model basically) so I ripped it apart and literally 24hrs after getting it in the mail I had a heavily modified, new outer body, same insides, but different direction dry herb stationary tower vaporizer, that I still use to this day. I had the vaporizer before I met my wife so that would be about 7 years now, and counting… :crossed_fingers:

I’ve also got a dynacoil for the dynavaps but I don’t really like it for dabs. I got a proper rig for that, with a preference for a titanium skillet and hook setup, or a titanium banger. I don’t like glass bangers personally.

2 Likes

I feel like a shill since I’ve raved about the device so many times, but I can’t say enough good things about the Arizer Solo 2. You can pick one up with a bonus accessory bundle for $175 right now at 420edc.com

No affiliation! I just love the device and had a really good purchasing experience from that vendor.

1 Like

Have you been able to compare it to any of the usual suspects?

Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

I haven’t owned others but have hit a few different models. The Volcano is a nice machine but I like the portability of the Solo 2. I customized a case to hold the unit, glass stems, flower stash, jar for saving abv, and misc tools. I can take the box if I’m going out of town, but the unit is small enough for discreet use walking the dog.

For me the best selling point is the flavor. You load the bowl end of the glass stem with flower, insert it into the unit’s oven, then inhale from the other end. It’s a pure glass path from oven to mouth with nothing to interfere with the taste. The battery lasts for days of periodic use and is strong enough to deliver a punch! There’s a small learning curve. You need a long, steady draw for an optimal hit, and you’ll need to practice packing the bowl for best airflow. I break up bud with my fingers, leaving it a little chunky. I like to do a 5 minute session at 370°F, then dump the abv and load fresh again. Most folks re-hit the same bowl multiple times, but I grow more weed than I can smoke and this just makes my abv more potent for edibles later.

3 Likes