Dummy-check my plans, please?

10 gallon pots sound great with what your using. I wouldn’t use any less than a 7 that’s for sure with that setup.

1 Like

Yes, size is because it’s organic water only. I need months of nutrients in that pot.

4 Likes

Ok, out of likes but will bow out to your experience on this. I can outgrow a 10 foot ceiling in a 5 gallon pot of coco. Never having grown in soil I am unable to say what is needed.

4 Likes

How many plants are you planning on vegging at a time?

I do supplement with liquid ferts too.

1 Like

If you plan to just veg for a few weeks there is no harm in going heavier on the flowering side of nutes. The plant will pull what it needs out of the large pot you are providing and they won’t need tons at that point as they are small so they will get what they need.

1 Like

Do layers. A flower focused mix at the bottom and a veg mix in the top. Kind of TLO style.

Tlo and supersoil are what got me into trying organics.

2 Likes

The difference is because he is using an organic soil mix so he won’t be using any bottle nutes it seems. So he needs the larger pot. To act as a battery and hold the nutes he requires for the entire grow. With bottles I rarely exceed a 5 gallon, usually 3 gallon. But with my gaia green set up that’s similar to his I wouldn’t go smaller than 7 gallons. With the no till beds I’m building it will be 30 gallon beds and they will most likely only hold 2 plants each.

Edit. Growth rates in coco is similar to hydro. Very fast and big growth. Organics is much slower but many would say a much higher quality. Kind of like grocery store tomatoes vs homegrown heirloom ones at a trade off of yield

4 Likes

That makes sense. I chose coco because I liked the control but one feeding of water would wipe out my medium. I get soil is not the same but have not delved into that yet. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

3 Likes

@ChemicalDependant powdered malted barley would also be a great addition and doesn’t break the bank.

6 Likes

That is the same coot nute recipe I mix in my soil and still finish in three gal. Water with teas. And top dress as needed.

3 Likes

Will be 4-6 in veg. Depends how the ones in flower move along.

1 Like

Ok, then yeah 10 gallon seems very reasonable. Especially starting from I assume clones for consistancy.

1 Like

Yes, in my reading for no till, which I’m working to, 10 gal MINIMUM. 20-30gal per plant preferred.

4 Likes

Mothers from seed, then clones to flower yes.

2 Likes

You’re going to need a bigger tent.

giphy (2)

8 Likes

Any thing you need to know about No till can be found here

and his 2021 thread. There are a couple other great no till here but this is where I cut my teeth an you can see how he evolved.

:seedling: :fish: :tropical_fish: :seedling:
EDIT: @ReikoX has other great learning threads with great info.

3 Likes

He has no end of knowledge, I’ve been working my way through it for months and only grasp some of it. Not just the no-till but his tincture thread is substantial also.

3 Likes

Love his threads my brain litterally increased a size reading. That tincture thread as well is top notch, really upped my game.

3 Likes

I’m still figuring out no-till, but I can fit 2 15 gal, 2 3 gal’s and a couple 1/2 gals in my 2x4 if I want. I’m talking about plastic pots. Fabric takes up a little more space unless you get the tall ones.

I usually try to just have the 2 15’s in there though. And then I transfer them to my flower closet when I have a spot open and I want to flower them.

When it’s done, I just chop the stalk close to the soil and let it sit and get ready for another round.

3 Likes

LMAO!!! I wish i could like this twice, made me cough up my hit!

2 Likes