Notill organics

Whos into organics? Even better who likes notill?? I follow a few oldschool no tillers and have had the chance to try out a 25 gallon notill. I love this style sooo much!!
My soil mix is made up of:
Base: 1:1:1 of sphagnum peat moss
Top quality vermi compost
And lava rocks
The vermi compost is made of organic grass fed cow manure and i amend it before i add it to the mix.
Vermi compost: 1 cup neem seed meal
1 cup kelp meal
1 cup crab meal
1 cup powdered malted barley
1/2 cup gypsum
4-6 cups glacial rock dust
This is per cu ft of vermi compost
I have a colony of different bugs in my pots. And lots of worms. Mulch is 90% cannabis trimmings and 10% yarrow, horsetail, nettle, and whatever else i can forage. I topdress with powdered malted grains and neem and kelp meals. Water with river water and i add aloe and coconut waters, silica, and fulvic acid twice a month. And i add tm7 to the coconut water once a month. This is not my method by far. I owe this all to mountain organics aka bluejay. I will be posting lots of pics to this thread. And id love to see everyone elses!!

Thank you lemonadejoe for making this organic section:)

Namaste
Lotus

7 Likes

Golden berry from DNA Genetics no till

Lemon Garlic OG by California Kind

7 Likes

I’ll try your soil mix next year for outdoor, because I want to make the most potent and best soil. Good prepared soil equals good buds :smiley: . I’ll share my success to you later :slight_smile: Thanks for the hint.

hell yeah homie. do it up youll be super impressed cycle after cycle. and for 1-5$ a cycle how can you be mad eh?XD

Hello lotus,
I must say that NO-TILL Organics is pretty new for me (as I have never been into soil that much indoors :), but I’d try it outdoors). Can you please describe key facts of NO-TILL? I think there are few myths surrounding it… For me it seems at first sight like super rich soil that will be composting throughout the whole grow. I can’t use any chemicals otherwise I’d kill beneficial bacteria that are making the decomposition. Are there bad mixes? What about pH? Using manure I’d be afraid not to make it strong to burn plants. Do you re-use soil after grow somehow, enriching or “reviving” it again? :slight_smile: For me it looks like method for experienced soil growers who can “dose” exactly nutrients needed for whole growth/veg phase. Also a lot of different organic matter makes it hard to collect and find (if you don’t exactly live in farmhouse).

1 Like

nah bro. this is the best choice for any grower. its so simple. no more soil mixing once youre done (well untill you want more pots :laughing: ) there are a lot of bad mixes. for example when someone uses vermicompost from your big box store. that shits usualy made with peat moss and a random feed they give the worms. not once have i tested ph of anything. my current vermi compost is 3 year old cow manure and the cows were fed all organic grains that has been ran through a worm bin so you dont have to worry about buring plants. the soil doesnt move ever. itl be in the same pot for 3 years. after three years if you want you can take the soil and use it as the compost part of more pots seeing as it will all be vermi compost by then. i live in the worst part of the world for getting everything i needed for my notill dude. it was stupid. but i did it. and now it is very easy. if you need help finding anything i can help out! also with the “dosing” all i do is toss some kelp meal or neem meal, or powdered malted barley all over the pot then water it in with aloe water or coconut water (from a good source) i never weigh or measure any of my feedings. once your done with a cycle, chop the plants at the base then plant another plant right next to it. plant some clover, fenugreek, alfalfa, barley, etc. seeds for a living mulch topit with some alfalfa meal and your ready to rock.

Much love
Lotus

1 Like

I gave no-till a try outdoors, but the issue I ran into on the second year (we have real winter) was of primarily grow location. I have to plant near cover , which means close to trees. The trees have the advantage of being there all year and really appreciated the rich soil near their surface roots. The tree roots out competed my annuals and starved their growth rate. My solution was to go with raised gardens lined on the bottom garden fabric directly on top of a good layer of coarse sand laid right on top of the hardpack clay bedrock(so to speak). We only have 8-12 inches of soil or so there wasn’t too much digging. Three years with this method not really no-till but I only scrape the soil to 2" or so in the spring and add compost on top. I just can’t stop digging but for decades I would turn over everything. I am almost to no-till and this year the tomatoe plants and other garden veggies need more pruning than anything else due to the explosive growth. The fabric has stopped the invasive root intrusion. I failed indoors on the third crop (decreased yeild and some deficiency) and I realized my containers were way to small to sustain a thriving micro population and I couldn’t get my top dress mix right and available. 25 gallon pot indoors…must be nice! Cheers

the man i learned from keeps moms in a 1-2 gal no till pot and it works great:)

1 Like

Wow, I believe I have another massive read coming. How long have you had one going without a re-pot? If you don’t mind me asking lotus. I usually end up re-potting after I bathe the roots clean of soil and trim them down (roots) in 1 gallon pots about a year or so in, sets mom back for a moth or two but 3 years so far with this method. I really have to give this a go again!

i have no mothers. you just take a clone and mulch the mom then plant the clone bank into the pot:)

1 Like

Ahh I see, OK thanks lotus now some humour? “mulch the mom” omg I almost fainted…

lmfaoXD no humor. thats what you doXD feed it back to the soil when she gets too big:)

1 Like

Sorry to sound uneducated but what is the Tm7 added to coconut water stand for ?

1 Like

Tm7 is a product by bioag. Its fulvic and humic acid and a bunch of trace minerals. I dont use it very often anymore. Shilajit for me

1 Like

lotus710, Hi, what is a web address for the shilajit you use> Thank you.

It’s humic acid that you can passively pull from compost isn’t it or is it fulcic also?

Humic and Fulvic is in compost. Fulvic is water soluble so it can get leached out much easier. Humic is a larger molecule also and breaks down into Fulvic. In California i believe they still don’t recognize a difference between the two. Another case of government ignoring reality over bureaucracy.

1 Like

Shit sorry @lotus710, that question was directed at you.:confounded:

It’s all good we’re all here to share info!

1 Like
1 Like