DWC Net Pot Choice

So I know with DWC the net pot and medium are pretty much for stabilizing the plant. That said, how big do you need if you don’t plan on more than 2-3 ft of growth height? Can I get away with 3 inch pots, or should I just get some 6 inch pots?

3" are fine bromigo…

7 Likes

Thank you sir!

1 Like

Btw, as you can see no mediums…nothing but net bromigos…

2 Likes

Oh wow, I didn’t even notice that. Is it held in with a foam disk or something?

1 Like

I kinda showed people how I did it towards the end of this thread…and yes foam disk…the stems will grow nice and thick and the foam disk will help keep it stable…I do it in my SWC/TRON & 5 gals. bucket grows bromigos. Hope this helps.

Phototrons…SWC/TRON

2 Likes

I have trouble with plants wanting to fall over with less than 6" pots. The stems of mine usually end up about 2" in diameter and would kill little pots.

2 Likes

Swish! Nothing but net!

2 Likes

3 inch will be fine with small plants. However, the 6 inch will always be sturdier. Some people get issues with the net pot twisting and the rim lifts off the lid etc. The 6 inch gives a larger circumference which makes it hold flat on the lid better if the plants try to rock over to one side under weight.

1 Like

I use cz hydroponics wide lip 4" netpots. I then take a 4" hole saw to some black plastic 5 gal lids I get it home depot. Once the plant gets 4ft and over it needs some stablizing.

1 Like

I saw! Was actually referencing yours a bit while designing. Already have the 17gal tote, air pump, 3 air wand stones and some 3 inch net pots. For now I’ll only be growing some 60 day autos, so I don’t expect too much growth on the stems. I want to get 6 plants on the one deck. I could prolly fit 6" pots, but I want a bit more wiggle room to spread em out more. I think I’m gonna try it with the 3" pots n I can always increase the size next round or build a net if I need more support.

Currently only about 2.5’ of usable height with the tote in my cab. If I ever get the tools to remove the built in shelving at the bottom I can free up another 1.5’ of height.

1 Like

I have mine set to be able to do 6 at a time and only done that one time. It was a jungle. The growth with dwc is insane. You will see all you need for each tote is 2 pants. I haven’t done many autos so those may work close together. Things get huge fast especially if you have good lighting. If you need any help with anything holler.

2 Likes

Then two back totes are 27gal and I fit 6 4" netpots in there

Going to use them to SOG eventually

2 Likes

Much appreciated my friend! I’ll be posting my grow up. If I end up with a jungle, you can give me an I told ya so lol. Im sure I’ll need to pick your brain some in the future.

@SquirtleSquad, I’ll have to check those out too. I have the cz 3" pots I just got, but as soon as they got here I went hmm… was thinking 4" in the first place but didn’t see any.

2 Likes

They have been sold out for a while the 4" ones.

I took a gamble on the Growneer wide lip 4" and the lip is huge. 50 pots for 25 dollars so good deal too.

The CZ ones prices kept raising.

I have an 8 site 12 gal RDWC and an 8 site 27 gal RDWC. All made with HDX tough totes. Also have a 27gal aerocloner. Love DWC.

Same goes with me. If you need help just ask. Been doing DWC for almost 10 years now.

2 Likes

How do you keep them from choking each other out with them that close if not doing sog?

1 Like

This 3 ft. plant was grown in 3" net pot…

3 Likes

I use that for my early veg. They go from cloner to that for a couple weeks and then to my RDWC

1 Like

Depends on how big you want your plants, my dumbass used 3" netpots thinking it’d be fine but by week 4 of flower I had to drill holes in the lip of bucket and tie my trunks down to keep them from falling over. Makes res refills/changes a giant anxiety attack inducing pain in the ass. Spring for the 6" it’ll save you a ton of trouble.

2 Likes