Edibles question

Wow that’s expensive!

I’d be curious to know it’s temperature points.

A slow cooker would be fine too.

I use boiling water.

1 Like

It has sensors in it that control temps. I do not know what they are shooting for in temp but the end products makes you go “WOW”. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In the faq it says 230 so it works the same as my slow cooker on low.

I did it that way for a long time but I prefer the sous vide method these days.

:call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I infuse a bunch at once - enough for multiple batches of edibles. My recipe:
3oz flower (decarb’ed for 40 minutes at 240°F on a cookie sheet in the oven)
30oz coconut oil
3 TBSP sunflower lecithin
Throw it all into the Magic Butter Machine and run the 1 hour oil cycle at 160°. You pour the result through a filter to remove the plant material, and wind up with 20-25oz of infused coconut oil. I’ll use 1/2 cup of the oil in a recipe for 2 dozen cookies. Half of a cookie is a light dose while a whole one will likely put you on the couch unless you have a high tolerance.

4 Likes

What is the thinking behind the lecithin?

I thought it was an emulsifier and have read about it being used in gummy making so that the water/fat don’t separate.

Does it serve the same purpose in this application?

1 Like

I also use the magic butter machine same instructions barefoot posted. Simple to make impossible to screw it up plus the clean button on the machine makes for quick clean up .

4 Likes

I just got busy at work so I’m going to post a link…

3 Likes

Love my butter machine… (yah i got that gadget too :slight_smile: ) I use grain tho so I do not use the heat on the buttermachine since i de-carb it. I don’t see the point.

3 Likes

You use 4 grams of flower to one stick of butter? Holy Moses I went way overboard then! I figured because it was mostly sugar leaves that the thc content would have been way less then flower so I basically doubled what you do. Yikes!! I have now learned that sugar leaves don’t play around😂
Instead of doing 240 for 40 minutes in the oven I read that you can do 300 for 15 minutes but it HAS to come out of the oven at the 15 min mark Or the degradation starts. I tried it. It defiantly worked! I mean I can’t compare it to anything, I’ll try the 240 for 40 on the next batch…and less herb lol

It’s 4 grams per 1/2 cup which is…a 1/4 of a pound I think?

It’s ok, you can always cut it with regular butter to thin it out if is too much for you

1 Like

What is this and were can I get it lol I use the oven lol my wife do t smoke dont drink dont eat nothing from.this world and she’s gets annoyed eveytime I do it lol

@Zombie420 Dude. For sure! My girl told me I have to do decarb in the shed next time lolol I know your struggles well my friend

1 Like

I posted a pic of the ardent system above. You can get them at walmart supposedly. I ordered mine from the company online. That is a really cool thing about it… no smell while it is doing it’s thing. Just sits on my counter and no one knows what it is.

1 Like

Yeah she knows it’s my happy place so she’s puts up with me growing she hates the smell so I got a really good carbon filter and fixed that problem. But now comes harvest I will be investing in a decarb machine fot sure

2 Likes

Thanks again I didn’t even know these things exist your gonna save my ass from the doghouse next harvest here kuddos to you :grin:

3 Likes

Woot thank yah! It will save you from wasting product as well. Wait til you smell the canister after you run it one time… you will want to lick it like a beater :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thats awsome man !!! And no no no thank you :grin:

1 Like

strongly recommend a good thermometer for the oven. I’ve never baked in one that was very accurate to dial/setting. temp varies inside too, hotspots need avoiding.

would also recommend making the same recipe repeatedly, leads to dialed-in finished product.

for me, it was chocolate chip cookies. I chose them because they’re always good, and flexible dosage-wise. (number/size cookies per batch) which is helpful because potency in your plant material/type will vary, and math will need doing.

@Gravitys-Rainbow thx for the tip on the Nova. spendy, but cheaper than mistakes! and stealth is always good (smell)

4 Likes

There is a whole thread on this by @ReikoX where he and everyone else do a great job of explaining why decarb is a must and how to do it correctly. Works every time for me for any butter, oil, etc https://overgrow.com/t/not-just-another-tincture-thread/7668

5 Likes

There will be no more oven !!! Lol love this idea of the DeCarb machine already have it in my Amazon cart for payday !!!

2 Likes