Exotic cannabinoids

I guess I would like to see more about exotic cannabinoids in life. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

I have been enjoying cbd & cbg hemp for a few months now and I have got to say the 2018 farm bill was such a big win for states that have still fallen short of legalizing our medicine and/or easy access to it. I for one am excited to see where the hemp industry evolves because the legal stuff, the stuff with less than .3% thc, but 20% cbd, is still totally rockin’. The market is young as 2018 was only two years ago, but I’m totally hooked. Mary is still a beautiful flower and the grass is green on both sides of the fence! I hope they have exotic cannabinoids available for purchase such as thcv all across the nation some day!

8 Likes

Well I can’t recall the name of it but I know they’ve found a new psychoactive cannabinoid that is something like 100x more potent than THC but has only been found in very small trace amounts.
It’s those minute exotic cannabinoids that I’m interested in as I think those will be the key to figuring out why strains that test out at 15-17% THC are better than than those that test out at 25-30% THC.

I know a lot of people say terps are responsible but I believe terps, while having an effect, can only gently change the effect. It’s these minute cannabinoids that we have yet to find that will be the real game changers. I think of it like the high is a car. THC is the regular gas that makes it go and terps are like the suspension, they can make the ride smoother or rougher. These unknown minute cannabinoids are the racing fuel that can really get the car moving.

5 Likes

Well if that’s the case then that CANNABINOID will def not be available because the price would be REDICULOUS unfortunately!

3 Likes

Don’t forget you can make cbd from orange peels! I wonder what other cannabinoids we could spoil ourselves with!

5 Likes

Cali-O :tangerine: is some good herb :+1:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-56785-1

:evergreen_tree: posting before reading again :blush:

3 Likes

Reading that article makes me think the whole thing is highly suspect. CBD rich oranges that come from the US to a market where it’s nearly impossible to get any CBD due to their strict laws regarding THC.
I think someone in the US started growing hemp cause they thought there would be major money from the CBD boom and soon found out they were competing with Canada and China that produce mass amounts of fairly cheap CBD hemp. So they extracted it and sprayed it on some oranges and sent those to Japan since they have a nearly empty CBD market.

1 Like

That article sucks actually. I chose the first one off google is all. What’s actually happening is the limonene in orange peels can be converted to cbd as they are both terpenes!

4 Likes

Ah ok, that makes sense. I just read that article and they didn’t explain any science behind it and yeah it comes off very suspect. But I guess the whole question everything mentality comes with the cannabis world huh.

3 Likes

Delta 8 thc can be made from cbd as well real easy and is legal in most us states since it isn’t delta 9!

1 Like

Thank you for the read!

2 Likes

Exotic cannabinoids are definitely continuing to show up in the market

A ton of them are produced from CBD, some thru dangerous processes

I tried a D8 PX vape that was whatever, and I’m not sure I’d try D10 or HHC

Was just learning more about THCV today and ran into an not-so-familiar one, THC-O

I def wouldn’t be surprised if we continue to see a gradual increase in niche cannabinoids

After all, mass spectrometry + cannabis breeding + intellectual property = a real opportunity

That said, the complexity suggests that specific strains are just as important as specific cannabinoids. Either way, thanks for posting this topic, it’s super appreciated

2 Likes