Delta 8 THC? Anyone tried it?

I clicked an ad link to a company selling delta 8 THC concentrates. I have never heard of this before. I guess it only comes in at around 1% in hemp so they have to extract it. Curious if they will breed strains heavy in this like they did for CBG. It’s legal. Supposedly similar to delta 9 but no paranoia or loss of focus. Anyone tried it?

Here is the site

2 Likes

No experience with it but I look at this sorta thing with an extreme skeptical eye, and you should, too.

Buy some and report back to us.

1 Like

My first thought was, “Is this Synthetic?” Then I read a few other sites that it is the real deal, from hemp. I have read several good things, but still leery dropping $40 on a mystery cannabinoid… If I try I will report back.

I think when dabs are run through acidic filter media’s it converts some amount of delta 9 to delta 10 and 8. You’d find a better answer on future4200

1 Like

Hmmm, sounds similar to this…

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/4-authors-columns/4-6-d-gold/4-6-3-pure-thc-for-three-bucks-a-gram

2 Likes

That was a really interesting read! Seems pretty easy to convert. I am afraid of the chemicals, but someone who knows what they are doing in chemistry probably could create a really safe product…

1 Like

Its absolutely legit, I make my own carts with 98% clear Delta 8 distillate adding in cbd isolate and combined with steam distilled hemp terpenes and bam!
Left to right strains: 18’ Suver Haze, 19’ Lifter, Blue Dream, Gelato, Elektra, Cherry Limeade, Strawberry Cough. All delicious
20201106_141026|375x500

mmm thats a really good idea! Suver haze is my absolute favorite of the cbd strains that have been out the last couple years. Believe it’s got some Neville’s Haze in the lineage :thinking:

1 Like

I find that my D8 carts have more of a well being and better uplifting feeling opposed to the regular carts I can get at the dispensary, not to mention more tasty.

Iam not entirely sure , this one is from Suver #8 and Early resin berry but maybe on the S. #8 lineage?

1 Like

yes its on the suver #8 side. Its really hard to hunt down lineage on most of these cbd strains…

That’s real good to know on the delta8 carts though, I know apicalgreens and some others have been selling those now.

1 Like

Good to know and I agree Ive done some hard searching for a few strains.

I have tried pre made d8 carts but they are to costly. I make 10 filled carts for roughly the same cost as 2 bought pre filled carts.(including distillate, isolate, terpenes, carts, and a good hotplate mixer)

The trick for me is getting the right distillate to isolate ratio. Avoiding the thc/cbd recrystalizing once inside the cartrdige, since pure D8 distillate is like glass. Once you find that sweet spot though they are potent af, flavorful, and effective.

So the delta 8 is extracted and then added to the carts as a concentrate I guess…

I see nothing where anyone is trying to obtain a strain high in cannibinoids with delta 8 as a component or what it has as a combined affect.

“Adding another wrinkle,” she said, “a lot of labs do not have the capability of delineating between Delta 8 and Delta 9.”

which begs the question is it already one of the factors that contributes to being desirable and been undetected?

2 Likes

Most of the delta-8 is derived from CBD FWIW. I believe it is refluxed with acid and neutralized with a base. The process is described in the Cannabis Alchemy by D. Gold.

3 Likes

Yeah, the vast majority of it is synthesized from cbd. It’s actually a really easy process if you have PPE and like $200 in lab equipment.

Skip to 42:00 to see them actually make it.

I’ve thought about trying it for years, by using different acids you can make different isomers of thc. So delta 6, 7, 8, 10, 11… all possible. It sounds like only delta 8 and 9 make you feel “stoned”, my curiosity is whether the natural mix of delta isomers are what give some “low” thc heirloom and landrace strains the amazing psychedelic effects that we youngins hear stories of.

1 Like

Delta-8-THC, one of the four most common cannabinoids, is similar to its psychoactive relative THC, but with several key differences.

While delta-8-THC only exists naturally in fractions of a percent, companies are finding value in concentrating esoteric cannabinoids for their unique effects and applications.

yeah… apparently doesn’t occur in significant enough quantity in nature. Wonder how long that statement will be valid?

edit- @ReikoX yeah I was out at hexane

2 Likes

I’ve heard good things from heavy smokers so I’m giving it a shot. An oz of oil is like $120 so why tf not.

2 Likes

i wonder if the big ass hemp farm down the road from me is doing this lol

1 Like

Doubtful, most send their product out to labs to get it processed down.

2 Likes

tried it, it was like smoking good tasting reclaim

kinda nice but not really what I am after, more that CBD red eye body high feel to it.

4 Likes

Yeah… that’s how I described it to my buddy. He agreed. It’s like the headiness you get in the first hour of smoking, but none of the more psychedelic qualities.

Like honestly? I feel better after smoking a cigarette.

2 Likes