Fabric Pot,Cheap Alternative

I bought the Eco-fi felt by the yard and sew my own pots/beds. At $15 or so a yard, it doesn’t get a whole lot cheaper.

5 Likes

I picked up my 4 colored 35 gallon, Rubbermaid trash cans with lids, from Uline, to use as dedicated nutrient reservoirs, a red one for flowering nutes, a green one for veg nutes, a yellow of transition nutes, and white one for teas.
The prices at the grow shop for 4 were CRAZY expensive. I then picked up 4 dollies at Harbor Freight, and every thing was I got was 1/3 cost of the shops resy.
I get my dropper bottles, rolls of seal a meal in 2 sizes, lots of out of the box ideas over there.

4 Likes

Love all the stoner inivation and out the box thinking going on here.Keep posting those creative cheap alternatives.

3 Likes

Doing well. :+1:. I got a hold of 3 autos, but none sprouted. I was excited to see how they grow…haha

Plastic bowls 2 for a dollar at dollar general. Cut the rim off with tin snips, and gain about an extra inch of space when they are small. These .7 gallon pots fit beautifully.

3 Likes

How many, like 5 gallon will a yard make? Does it really work out being pretty cheap to make them yourself? I happen to hear a sewing machine right now :thinking:

4 Likes

A yard is 36x72" or 18 square feet. A five gallon fabric pot is roughly 12" diameter it would use roughly 3.5 square feet so roughly five for $15.

2 Likes

Thanks man. They are just so cheap to buy though. It’s hard to justify making them yourself unless you got alot of free time on your hands huh? Or if what you use is better material.

2 Likes

I am very happy with my 50cent dollarama fabric bag pots.Cannot beat the price for a 5gal pot or 70cents for a 10gal pot.Had no issues and about to use another 12 of them on a run of autos.

3 Likes

The bag idea is actually a great idea. had to Jimmy rig a few things growing outdoor this year under lock down lmfao.

2 Likes

Yeah, for making the three custom 30-gallon beds for my workshop I used 3 yards. I bought a bunch previously too, so I already have it laying around.

3 Likes