👨🏽‍🌾 Farmer Pigeonman (OR): How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Indoor Growing

Probably cause of the fluffy buds, gives less “juice” but I’d definitely try drying it more as you described or try another harder chunk.

Some strains also just don’t give anything worthwhile for making oozing eye candy.

I love seeing people squeeze cannabis, I live varcasously through you lol

5 Likes

This was what I am testing. I get a nug of a strain, do the press, check the yield.

So far the only cultivar I have in my cupboard that’s shining on the press is the Buddhas Cane. I do think the larfy JG1974 would make amazing bubble!

I’ve looked into the best pressing strains and present me thanks past me for F2ing the shit outa Tony Green’s GG#4 R.I.L… 6x seeds of which are now soaking.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Also looking out for GMO, I have a few cuts in the mail on their way as a “can cuts make it through letter-mail from the states into canada alive?” test. 2 weeks so far and it’s fuck cold so odds are against my favour but :crossed_fingers: non the less.

6 Likes

I’m sure your cuts will arrive safe and in mint condition my friend. Looking forward to seeing more squishes .

1 Like

it is important to have the buds hydrated properly so that the rosin does not get soaked into the dry plant material. i use a 62% bovida pac and let it sit in the jar with the buds i want to press for 4-5 days before pressing, it really makes a difference.

this is so true. some strains ooze with goo. others barley anything. usually the better the tricome coverage the better the result. the poision daddy was a medium to good producer for me and she is fairly well covered. i have tried temps from 165-230f and have settled at 200f for most bud presses, gives the best yield and consistency for collecting the dab. the one strain that has me baffled is copa’s gsd. yields very well but cannot collect it off the parchment. even after letting sit in the freezer. soon as it hit room temp goos right and just smears around sticking to parchment. after a month or so in the fridge it get a bit better but still a pain. you will find your go to buds quite quickly that yield well. press on brother.

7 Likes

For an extra kick you can make live extracts by pumping out bubble from fresh green frozen buds and then pressing that into rosin. It works really good on hash that doesn’t make the cut.

6 Likes

Do you use a frozen collection tray? I found that so damn helpful for keeping the ooze frozen and workable.

Thanks for the tips!!

4 Likes

You made brick weed!:rofl::rofl:. I remember hearing they would use trash compactors to smash it into those bricks.

Looks cool can’t wait to be able to justify the expense I love playing with new toys. Oh wait I mean experimenting with new machinery.
IMG_20240107_084414

7 Likes

Once I saw a brick that was actually the same size as a red brick but it weighed like 5 pounds. It was packed so tight that you could barely pry it apart with a knife.

3 Likes

I remember getting a 10lb brick needed screwdriver and hammer to get “flakes” off. An oz was just bigger than a 50 cent piece

4 Likes

That’s how I bought my weed until about 2010 or so. :disappointed:

4 Likes

i do. but for some reason that one strain just wont cooperate for me. if i am able to collect it it just melts when i break it out for use?

at first i thought making concentrates was not a good return for your weed used but i find that my pressing last just as long or longer that the buds because i only need a hit or two. the best part was getting rid of the smokers hack from huffing the plant matter.
i have yet to try pressing bubble or keif because it seems like a lot of work for the same end result. i know it is more pure / cleaner [ full melt] but with the 90 micron bag it is close enough for me. i think i have some 75 micro bags too. might see what that does / gets.

i also have a bunch of seeded buds that i am thinking on dry ice hash and give that a try in the 25 micron. the fun never ends. still enjoying pressing and learning new techniques.

6b69f829a90b6ae9e57980995473c4f835dc9759_2_375x500
931a5a66d18fd7369c54ebb4bde6451dcd8cecaf_2_375x500
aae0bead48277c199e656ab354de05e693acc52e_2_375x500

18 Likes

Thanks everyone!

@420noob , @Magu , @ReikoX

**NOW I WANT TO MAKE AS BIG OF A BRICK AS I CAN IN THIS 2x4 MOLD JUST BECAUSE I CAN!

:rofl:

Lol. This sounds like a great problem to have :rofl:

I found with the BC shatter i needed to keep my fingers at the edge of the paper away from the ooze, and then do very light rubs with my scraping “knife” until there was rosin “stuck” to the blade, then the rest of the minute scrapes all stuck to the rosin stuck to the blade. I just needed to go slow.

AS much as I know i’ll get a nice result I do love my “normal hash” sessions :rofl: I want to get a Happle at some point.

This. This is very much why I’m diving deep into this!

I’ve got some bags that came with the press. No real interest in using them right now… yet. :rofl:

That does sound like a lot of fun. I’d prob toss those into my washer and make a temple ball instead of squishing the goodies collected :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

try the bags. they keep the plant matter / leaf green stuff and the plant lipids [ vegetable oil / fat] out of your good pressing stuff. not like the green dabs. you want just the clean glands. honey gold looking, not the plant fibers and lipids. see photos above.

it is much easier and not not as hard as washing and drying to get some kief… dry ice bubble bags good buds then shake. just a couple of shakes no fish tank needed and all the drying… then press away it takes a bit of use but you are gonna love the press. :wink:.

3 Likes

I found the bud smoking made me cough every morning. So I was hot knifing concentrates, but that was only marginally better. Temp controlled dabs, now that’s my jam! Shudder to think how much formaldehyde I inhaled.

3 Likes

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

6 out of 6 Tony Green GG#4 R.I.L. F2’s all popped tails after 24 hours floating and are now in small cups because I didn’t realize I ran out of solo-cups! :rofl:

6 Likes

you might just be well preserved :grin:?

4 Likes

Press :play_or_pause_button: :+1:

The First Class Funk reversal project is going well as hoped @MonasticDank !

Seed female tossing out the pistils!

STS “Male” still developing flowers… I don’t like how they haven’t opened yet but they are there so I should get something. :sweat_smile:

Speaking of things doing very well, 2x Frankenstein S1 from @JohnnyPotseed which in only 1 gallon pots still grew almost as grand, tough and large as JPS himself! :exploding_head:

In the 4x4 the Sunshine Daydream BX1 F2 plants from @HolyAngel are in beast-mode, and the Bubba Kush: Matt Berger Cut is doing much of the same albeit squatter :rofl: :+1:

The New Kids on the Block; @Tonygreen 's GG#4 R.I.L. going step-by-step into solid plants which are destined for pressing :drooling_face: .

On a fantastic note for everyone reading.

Sent: Jan 9th
Arrive: Jan 23rd
To: :canada:

@Rhino_buddy your system works!.
Now for :crossed_fingers: that these Blueberry cuts throw roots!.

Here they are the Blueberry cuts in cubes:

And with the other cuts in progress. (Frankenstein, First Class Funk, and Hummingbird Sage)

Speaking of cuts! @DannyTerpintine check out all these happy cuts-now-plants!

Limed-Orange:

Hehehehe… poking through already… lol :eggplant: .

And under the other dome is the Sour Diesel: DT Cut

Okay, I gotta get ready for work. Have as good of a day as the day will let you!

Until next time… keep goth dancing with me!

:grin: :+1:

37 Likes

Stellar brother. Hopefully those boys open up in due course and have their way!

4 Likes

Looking righteous, as always, @Pigeonman

2 Likes

looking great :bird: :100: .

Glad you got those cuts to turn around too! :smiley:

2 Likes