Fast Flower care question

I was wondering if anyone has experience with seeds that are labeled as “Fast Flower”. These are from Sweet Seeds. I have the link to the specific beans in my diary, but the question on my mind is this. I have read a lot of sources say to defoliate one last time, 21 days into flower with normal photo plants. Should I adjust that at all? I’m concerned that I could shock/stunt the plant at a time when I should not. I am about a week in now, and it looks like the little hair clusters are starting to form.

2 Likes

@other_barry other_barry

“I have read a lot of sources say to defoliate one last time, 21 days into flower with normal photo plants.”

21 days? there are no hard and fast rules as to hacking at a plant

I do lots of pruning, trimming, removing leaves, etc.

when they plant needs it and if they don’t I do not trim, etc.

your plants will reward you better if you work with them and attend to their needs when they

need you to :slight_smile:

that being said we force our plant to do many things growing inside but what we do works better

with healthy plant

I do not know the strain so I could be way off

Monster Cookie x UBC Chemo seedling grown to the fifth node cut back to the second node after

they come back I will cut new leader back from the fifth to the second node again

looking to make bushes out of them and will clean leaves out as needed

make beans and share them

Dequilo

10 Likes

Thanks @dequilo , always coming through for me :slight_smile: Yeah, I wasn’t too sure myself. I had gotten some feedback to LITFA after I have defoliated when leaves were getting thick. I assumed the different resources all mentioning a last defoliation around week 3 of flower was because that was around when the plant started focusing flower production over new veg.

My leaves aren’t stacked at much as they were before, but I did want to defoliate once more to remove some of the lower bud sites. Appreciate you reaching out with the info again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really just do as required, better to leave them if you can, though removing shaded lower leaves or ones that are jammed together or plucking lower bud sites that will just be fluff in the end, it’s just shaping and maintaining for a purpose and better to be done just before or at the onset of budding, though you do as required when required.

5 Likes