How late into flower would you trim?

Just that, how late into flowering is it safe to trim fan leaves with out stressing the plant and why?

1 Like

My opinion:

About day 28-30 in flower, at the end of stretch, is the latest I’d do any defoliation. The plants are focusing on flower bulking & shouldn’t be making much if any leaves at that point. This is also the last point that I might remove any lower branches that didn’t quite break or reach the canopy, lower larf I otherwise missed, etc. Generally speaking I Like to have all of this done by about day 20 in flower

4 Likes

Im 22 days in. And really wanted go cllear it one last time

3 Likes

I’m always trimming 1 or 2 out, generally as they start to cover bud sites. But the heavy stuff I like to finish, latest week 2(ish).
(that’s a guideline… not a rule… :laughing: :vulcan_salute:)

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Thats always been my rule of thumb too, so i wanted to see how late others did it. This does happen to be a 10 week to finish plant(s)

2 Likes

I clean em up pretty hard on day 21 and then continuously just clear out little fans on main stems that are blocking offshoots :man_shrugging:t2::metal:t2:

2 Likes

100% you are golden , I do it EVERY run around 22-24 days. Perfect time

5 Likes

Im sending it to the barber, they had way to much new undergrowth in a week and a day plus the leaves.

2 Likes

I defoliate on day 21 of flower and a 2nd defoliation on day 42 of flower…
:+1::+1: hope this helps.
Happy growing

1 Like