Favorite Blueberry strains?

I ran jynxproof’s 9 lb hammer a few years ago. It had the most amazing grape / blueberry jam smell during flower. Unfortunately the phenos i ran didnt carry the taste over in the cure. Crazy yielder though. Id like to run it again sometime

1 Like

I think I made it confusing. I meant earlier than your worked, so maybe what you worked initially but not the coastal BB. I don’t actually know. this is what I got, and you prob even donated to vets giveaway? I gotta do some digging now.

7 Likes

I had blueberry breath. Sent the last of the seed known to us in thos area to the homie @ChinookKing I have 1 clone that I plan on working with. If I decided to clone and reverse for a seed run I’ll post. I crossed this blueberry breath with Carmelita the last run. I have some of those beans but they are in testing phase. So if you’re cool with potential freaks let me know. I can get you a pack

Below is the Carmelita I used

13 Likes

ahhhh I understand now
Yes I released seed of the line before I officially named it and those are the ones in your pic.
When I made those seeds, 3 females were pollinated and binned seperately. However when I became more active on OG and participated in the giveaways and donated to the contests and veterans giveaway last year, the seeds were a mix of all 3 females.
After getting results from a couple friends who were test growing for me I chose seed from female 1 and 2 to go forward as Coastal Blueberry and I binned female 3 , keeping her seperate from the line.

So anyone with the seeds labelled like yours are a mix of the three females and the Coastal Blueberry is just female 1 and 2. They are all Bx1 F3 seed stock though.

10 Likes

Awesome thank you for the explanation! I’ll keep it for now and give her a run, but def going to still aim for a pack of coastal!

2 Likes

I read stuff and I ponder things and blueberry is one of those things.
The internet of weed says DJ was isolating blueberry all the way back to the 70’s so could he really be the godfather of all the blueberry lines we know today?
I myself have always understood the BC blueberry strains we had in the 90’s were not derived from DJ stock but who really knows in the end. I suppose it is highly realistic that other growers and potential breeders also came into posession of early imported seed back then that could also have led to Blueberry being found elsewhere by other growers.
Wish I had a time machine as I do have many questions on the origins of all the Blueberry weed out there.

8 Likes

Yeah man, that could be a good cross.

1 Like

I got a picture in the end of year contest that I’m hoping wins me a pack of your Coastal Blueberry. Would love to run it.

5 Likes

At the same time, I believe his work was used in alot of BC strains. I can’t recall what now, but over the years I’ve read bits and pieces of this and that and his BB was talked about being involved. Wasn’t he possibly on the island at one point as well?

3 Likes

My very first recollection of DJ short blueberry seeds was in 1998. That year is when the DJ Blueberry and Flo debuted at Marc Emory’s seedbank in Vancouver. My memory might be foggy but I seem to recall it being marketted as the DJ Short , Delta 9 Collection though I could stand to be corrected if that is wrong. What I do clearly remember was the guy at the Marc Emory store doing a guest appearance and talking up DJ’s seeds as well as his own. That guy was Breeder “Steve” of Spice of Life Seeds. We left the store with Flo, Blueberry, Shishkaberry and Sweet Tooth.
At the time , I was already cash cropping what we called the Biker Blueberry and to this day it has to be one of the strongest blueberries I ever grew. We didn;t find anything we liked in the blueberry seeds but the flo threw a few ladies that were killer flavor bombs and super potent.

11 Likes

That’s probably part of what I remember, the SoL seeds. I definitely believe there is more than just DJs Blueberry, and had he not brought out his, we would still have alot around today. I’ve found it places I didn’t expect.

Ugh Marc Emery lol. I remember smoking Blueberry with him a few times at the CC headquarters.

3 Likes

I have original dj short blueberry seed. I’m not the biggest blueberry fan, I’m more of a rubber, oil terp fan myself. The dj shorts bb is potent as all hell but the lavender taste it gives turns me off.

2 Likes

@SHSC-1 Is GLG the only source for your gear?

3 Likes

GLG carries a full selection and growingupganja.com carries just the coastal blueberry
Canadians can reach out to me directly if they prefer but otherwise those are the two I drop at.

5 Likes

I grew and smoked that BB/NL cross many years ago. Wonderful effect! (I think my friend bought the seeds back then from Marc Emery.)

So i’m very happy to see GLG has your Coastal Blueberry available in the US.

https://www.greatlakesgenetics.com/product/strawberry-hill-seed-co-coastal-blueberry-11-reg-seeds/

1 Like

I just wish they took CC’s. Anyone know if GUG does? There was no info on payment on the website.

1 Like

GLG do now take CC. From a recent email they sent:

4 Likes

Blueberry twist pheno I’m stoked about, to my eye it’s got the look of the Dutch passion blueberry i grew years back, it also smells great for its age.

Flipped at seedling its been in 12-12 for 7 weeks but only 3 of them in the flower tent the other 4 was under t5s.

8 Likes

Here’s a updated pic of that blueberry twist

It’s put on lots of weight since that last pic (8 days)
its smelling awesome for barely 5 weeks.

Edit…
Pic February 4th

13 Likes

Beautiful plant!

2 Likes