Has anyone found 'Blueberry' from seed?

I have two distinct memories of what I believe everyone is talking about when they talk about “the real deal Blueberry” from the 90’s.

One as a teenager in high school, having someone from the nearby college on Long Island finding a connection, and then again in 2012 from someone who sold me an eighth of what they (very very believably said) was Long Island clone only blueberry.

Blueish, but not purple, nugs of spongey, almost but not quite larfy buds. They had a good amount of orange hairs, and that classic blueberry candy smell. Basically the description on DJ Short’s orig.Blueberry seeds.

It wasn’t crazy super potent, but it was just one of the most unique things you could smoke. It’s the strain that really to me above all others truly embodied the fruit from which it derived it’s name.

Has anyone ever found this from seed? Do you still hold it? Is this just, “uncle Rico weed,” that only exists in my memory?

25 Likes

I know @Alaskagrown has been looking for a straight blueberry, no skunk or notes of this and that, for a looong time !

If I remember correctly he has quite the lineup of seeds to hunt through for a future project.

Dare I say, if someone was going to find it from seed it would be him.

20 Likes

I’ve ran quite a few different blueberries, the best one I’ve found so far is AK Bean Brains Blueberry Muffin x Vintage Blueberry, if you are looking for a winner in one pack, that would be my suggestion.

28 Likes

From the reviews I’ve seem, AK Beanbrain and Jordan of the isles blueberry are your best bets to find a real blueberry smells and flavors. I bought a clone of a DJ shorts Blueberry that is very distinctly blueberry, no idea what vintage seeds it was found in.

I haven’t grown them yet, but I got a pack of these. He has a variety in his blueberry line too (blue crush)
https://jordanoftheislands.ca/product/pure-blueberry-blueberry-muffin-edition/

I didn’t get these but have heard good things about them too

9 Likes

…I’d try riot seeds blue bonnet stuff

29 Likes

I have some Blueberry seeds from a couple plants that brought me back to the 90’s. They are a cross if a smelly canuck seeds Blueberry female crossed woth a DJ short BB male

@Grease_Monkey is growing a clone of one now looks pretty frosty. Hey Grease, how’s the Blueberry smell?

15 Likes

I grew AKBeanBrains’s Vintage Blueberry and it smelled like blueberry pancake syrup! Had some auto traits though so once it started to get rootbound I just had no say in what it was going to do.

16 Likes

Jordon of the islands pure blueberry (blueberry muffin edition)

Spot on terps, truly the best blueberry ive ever had, by far.

18 Likes

I think rootbound causing autoflower is a common thing with blueberry in general. Did the akbb vint blueberry carry over into a strong taste? In my limited exp. ive found strong blue smells but just light on the flavor.

10 Likes

I put 8 seeds in dirt this last night, a friend JT gave them to me around 10 years ago. We’ll see.

17 Likes

Definite blue berry stank

15 Likes

Honestly I’m horrible about getting flavors from smoking because most of the time it just tastes like smoke unless I’ve just freshly cleaned my bong, so I can’t confidently answer that. I usually just assume everything tastes the way it smells!

9 Likes

That’s what I was hoping for :grin:

3 Likes

I’m the same way. I vape for nicotine and it’s always fruity/berry flavors so when I actually smoke my bud all I taste is a smoke burnt “flavor” and can’t pic anything out since my senses are overloaded from ejuice flavors.

3 Likes

I heard/read somewhere, that to really get the full flavor and profile of a bud, you should smoke it in a joint. Dry hit it before lighting, like nosing a glass of wine. Then when you smoke it, the different temps that gradually make their way down the joint will release terpenes at their different temps and not burn them all off at once like in a bowl or bong.

28 Likes

That’s what I like to do! Unfortunately my blueberry plant was so problematic I didn’t really get too much of a harvest off of it, so it was just a small jar of great smelling bud that dwindled away over time.

7 Likes

I just finished up reading about Blue Digiberry over on IC. Supposed to be a combo between an older DP Blue Sat and an old school Blueberry from the 80’s.
They have the line worked to f3 I think. If I was going to go down the Blueberry road, this is where I would start.

6 Likes

Lemonhoko’s blueberry. Pre 98 dj short sativa blueberry. Im growing the BX4

6 Likes

Just finished trimming up some blueberry muffin, it definitely has blueberry terps…hint of cheese. Not sure on potency yet. Low yield and larfy though.

2 Likes

Exactly!! 100%!!

3 Likes