FBSC Manga Rosa and Paraguay 2022

the result of prohinition:
guys in columbia ( a worldfamous Ganjaregion) grow kush under indoor lights outside, and have to hide from police. LOL

4 Likes

Grinspoon might be one half Oaxaca, one half Thai. In your link there is even resin on the stalk like my Old Silversides Oaxaca. I’m pretty sure the wheat phenos are just closer to being wild plants. Paraguay wheat Pheos don’t smoke well?

2 Likes

Greenhouse seeds is one of the reasons it’s so hard to find local land races in South America.

2 Likes

What plants are we looking at here? Sativas? Very nice plants😁

1 Like

Diamba Sarabamba !
Such great info, @Gugumelo
You really get into historical context, it’s really important to bring this up to mind, rescuing the past, and keeping it alive.
What really worries me is if in the traditional region where manga rosa grew, there are people concerned about keeping it in pure form.
After the spread of hybrids it is difficult to be sure that it could be found in the pure form in these traditional growing area. It is not fault of the traditional growers, because they are heavily repressed by law, and of course, rationally, anyone in these conditions will seek for varieties with faster flowering and better yields.
Fortunate (based on hearsay) there are some who thought it on time and kept these pure forms.

Saludos desde trópicos sur.

8 Likes

Hi @josuejcas!! Welcome to OG! you’ll love it here!! Without a doubt!! Irá amar este site!!
Please, go to the thread below and introduce yourself to the community, in case you haven’t done so!!
See you!! Have fun!!

6 Likes

I wonder what happened to @Gugumelo?

6 Likes

Tagged him weeks ago and nothing :disappointed:, hope he is fine, miss him and his guerrilla … icon_e_confused|nullxnull

7 Likes

@George Must be busy killing bugs!! :sweat_smile:
@Gugumelo Where are you brother!!? Hope everything is great!!
:hugs:

4 Likes

Thanks Abbbian. I will definitely do that as soon as possible.
I just went direct to this thread because that’s what I was looking for. A couple of years ago came to my hands a supposed “manga rosa” and some other seeds from a good green brick (probably from py), but every thing was loose, there were no certainty about the heritage. The only thing for sure were the long flowering days, which indicated they were from tropical zone. So I was looking for someone that grew them too, and if it resembles that ones.
@George just hope he is fine too

2 Likes

@josuejcas Este site é o paraíso!! Melhor que isto, só o Eden!! Enfumaçado!! :joy: :flushed: :sunglasses:
See you!!

3 Likes

Glad you joined us beer3|nullxnull, his last visit was on February, and that’s a long time :roll_eyes:, I know it must be summer over there and he will be pretty busy right now :seedling: :seedling:, but that’s only a wishful thinking …

4 Likes

I wish he had a good harvesting time with those paraguayan and with those mangos

just a short question, what does fbsc stand for?

2 Likes

@josuejcas Free seeds and free clones thread!!

Whenever an OGer asks for a “dibs” you type and say dibs as fast as you can!! You might win some beans!! Hope it helps!!

2 Likes

Freakers Ball Seed Collective who’s primary goal is to reproduce and preserve land race strain genetics.

10 Likes

@Tejas Oh boy! Was I on a tangent!? :flushed: :dizzy_face: :joy:

1 Like

Check this out …

4 Likes

thanks guys, I’ll definitely check this out.

1 Like

I hope he is well. Manga Rosa and Paraguay are both very rare landraces in their pure form. I sent Gugemelo seeds for him to reproduce for the Freakers. Very sad that the seeds are gone along with him.

6 Likes

Sad but true and the reason I took a chance sending the seed to Brazil. I believe the Manga Rosa was an old Brazilian Seed Company line that flowers 18-26 weeks. Not sure about collection date.
The Paraguay was from a friend. Collected in the 80’s i think.

No, but i won’t make the same mistake twice. Everyone will have to wait for me( or another Freaker) to personally grow the really rare strains now. Cant take another chance like that. They are too hard to get hold of.

7 Likes