First Coco dripping system in 2x2

This Is a Little 30 l’iter reservoir with a pump that helps me with watering.I only put 2 drippers each 2gal pot but I think I Will add 2 more or 1 each.
I am new to Coco and reservoir management.I got no pump for moving the water and do not know how to properly handle a res…

Any advice Friends?
It was a pain in the ass to fit in a 2x2 tent

11 Likes

A submersible aquarium pump is all you need.
Something like this one:

I did a cocoa/drip style for a while, and I took cues from mrSparkle, and got an ikea bin that holds water, the plants sit on top of it, and the runoff just drains straight back into the res

3 Likes

drill a couple of holes in the lid of ur res for the water lines so you can close the lid. If you are irrigating frequently(multiple times a day) id say don’t worry about a pump to keep the solution in the res mixed but its something to keep in mind.

oh also your drippers might keep dripping water after the pump turns off depending on how u have things set up so also watch for that.

1 Like

Will recirculating fuck up my grow?I actually drain to waste.Thanks a lot friend

I checked before going to sleep if I got siphon effect and leveled the reservoir.Thank you a bunch for answering

1 Like

Quick trick i saw for the syphon effect is to have a hole in the tubing that’s coming out of your res, towards the top. So when the pump turns off the excess water will drain out the hole and back into your res and also breaking the syphon.

2 Likes

FFS yes I could do it to sleep Better,thanks friend.A hole in the same tube where water goes up but cutting the hole in a portion that stays inside the rest right? @FrostedTips

Yeah, it’s going to have water coming out of that hole every time you turn the pump on so make sure that portion is inside your container.

2 Likes

If your res is below your pots the syphoning effect shouldn’t occur. I run recirculating in coco. It’s pretty simple just adjust ph and ppm. I have a small 5 gallon res so I add a couple gallons every day. I don’t even adjust ph anymore. It’s been up to 6.5 and the plants kept going.

1 Like

First timer and having issues with EC levels lower than inflow,I want to nove toward recirculating but It Is too soon for me
@MidwestMover

1 Like

Bump the feed up.

1 Like

What about those little orange spot in that leaf Edge?
Would you upp or lower the feed?

@MidwestMover

1 Like

I think in your other thread your said .7. That’s 350 ppm. I’d go 500. I run about 1.2-1.3 EC.

1 Like

Fucking citric acid lowerinf my starting EC Always…I should buy some nitric acid

1 Like

I don’t worry about little dots on the leaves could be weird growth, a fan positioned funny or you drop some nute water on it.

1 Like

Citric acid shouldn’t lower your ppm just your ph.

1 Like

It Is doing that,lowers my ppm actually,a lot
It Is Biobizz product,full organic citric phdown

2 Likes

Best advice I can offer you if you’re new to coco with drippers… keep the pots around 90% wet. Not always saturated but definitely don’t allow them to dry out or come close to dry. High fertigation is the key to a very healthy and happy crop when using coco and drippers.

I’ve engineered several complex irrigation systems for my grow rooms, of various sizes. Smallest was a 5g… The largest was a 55g res with 150 plant capacity. All drippers and coco. I’m here to help if anyone has questions. :ok_hand:

7 Likes

That’s huge friend…Wow.
I am having those weird issues with Citric acid in my 7 gal res lowerinf my ppm and with runoff lower than input.That Is All at the Moment friend.
@RomulanGenetics

1 Like

I’m using citric acid from the canning aisle. I’m gonna test my tap water tonight and see if it does.

1 Like